• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jacuzzi Tubs - a usage poll

Do you use the jacuzzi tub when there is one in your unit?

• Yes, every visit at least once!

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Every so often, but not every visit.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • Nope, we don't use it.

Votes: 36 48.0%

• Total voters

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious: By "doorless" I presume you mean walk-in, without anything to keep the temperature in. Are you also allowing for cool air chilling you while showering? I find drafts to be a nuisance while showing in an open situation like that.
That reminds me of Embarc(?) in Palm Desert. My unit had a huge gorgeous tile no door shower. I was freezing when I tried to use it and ended up using the smaller shower instead. I'm sure I would have been fine in a normal sized bathroom with the bathroom door closed, but this was one of the huge rooms that a person could get lost in.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
nooop.

Jumbo showers? YES! Jumbo Tubs? NO! Hottubs YES!

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We love the jacuzzi tubs, but prefer the air tubs. Have to bring bleach tabs to ensure they are sanitized before we use them. We are always running to the store to buy bleach, as we forget about a quarter of the time we travel. Matter of fact we bleach all the tubs we use timeshares or hotels. Just love soaking in the tub.

BillyBob444

Reaction score
Some people are so afraid of everything I am surprised they even venture outside their houses because a space ship might fall from the sky and kill them. Way too many people wasting their time on FB reading about things that MIGHT happen to them. Relax and live alittle

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Some people are so afraid of everything I am surprised they even venture outside their houses because a space ship might fall from the sky and kill them. Way too many people wasting their time on FB reading about things that MIGHT happen to them. Relax and live alittle
For the most part I agree. Outside of the ick factor, for the most part your chances of catching something or getting ill from a hot tub or Jacuzzi is pretty small considering the number of people that use them.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hot tubs on a cruise ship are treated with chemicals two (2) times daily. Once in the morning and again after midnight. This was Celebrity Cruise Lines procedures on our ten (10) nights cruises in April 2018.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
All we use the in-room jacuzzi for is to lay our swimsuits out to drip dry !

Wife thinks they're too potentially germy for her. We have let our 6 year old get in once as she's always looking for something new to do.

Bob

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
A good number of you need to watch more episodes of The Blacklist and you will come around as to why bathtubs and jacuzzi's should never be used.

Hint: The Stewmaker

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Not since I bought my own hot tub for my house. Put a free standing soaker tub in my master bath with a large-walk-in-no-door shower. Haven't had an issue with heat retention. Glass goes all the way to the ceiling, not so fun to clean the top 18" since the ceiling is 9'. Will have heated tile floor as soon as DH gets around to hooking up the boiler. (He's a steam fitter by trade.) Been in the house for 4 years....still waiting.

Will use the hot tub by the pool area as long as it isn't foamy and gross.