TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacuzzi Tubs - a usage poll

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by BDMX2, Apr 15, 2018.

?

Do you use the jacuzzi tub when there is one in your unit?

1. Yes, every visit at least once!

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Every so often, but not every visit.

21 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Nope, we don't use it.

36 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

That reminds me of Embarc(?) in Palm Desert. My unit had a huge gorgeous tile no door shower. I was freezing when I tried to use it and ended up using the smaller shower instead. I'm sure I would have been fine in a normal sized bathroom with the bathroom door closed, but this was one of the huge rooms that a person could get lost in.

2. taterhed

taterhed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin WKORV OFD
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Worldmark x2
    nooop.

Jumbo showers? YES! Jumbo Tubs? NO! Hottubs YES!

vacationtime1 likes this.
  3. Don40

Don40 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

We love the jacuzzi tubs, but prefer the air tubs. Have to bring bleach tabs to ensure they are sanitized before we use them. We are always running to the store to buy bleach, as we forget about a quarter of the time we travel. Matter of fact we bleach all the tubs we use timeshares or hotels. Just love soaking in the tub.

Jan M. likes this.
  4. BillyBob444

BillyBob444 Guest

Some people are so afraid of everything I am surprised they even venture outside their houses because a space ship might fall from the sky and kill them. Way too many people wasting their time on FB reading about things that MIGHT happen to them. Relax and live alittle

A.Win, Egret1986 and dioxide45 like this.
  5. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    For the most part I agree. Outside of the ick factor, for the most part your chances of catching something or getting ill from a hot tub or Jacuzzi is pretty small considering the number of people that use them.

BillyBob444 likes this.
  6. travs2

travs2 TUG Member

Never

7. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Hot tubs on a cruise ship are treated with chemicals two (2) times daily. Once in the morning and again after midnight. This was Celebrity Cruise Lines procedures on our ten (10) nights cruises in April 2018.

8. OutSkiing

OutSkiing TUG Member

All we use the in-room jacuzzi for is to lay our swimsuits out to drip dry !

Wife thinks they're too potentially germy for her. We have let our 6 year old get in once as she's always looking for something new to do.

Bob

9. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    A good number of you need to watch more episodes of The Blacklist and you will come around as to why bathtubs and jacuzzi's should never be used.

Hint: The Stewmaker

10. SandyPGravel

SandyPGravel Guest

Not since I bought my own hot tub for my house. Put a free standing soaker tub in my master bath with a large-walk-in-no-door shower. Haven't had an issue with heat retention. Glass goes all the way to the ceiling, not so fun to clean the top 18" since the ceiling is 9'. Will have heated tile floor as soon as DH gets around to hooking up the boiler. (He's a steam fitter by trade.) Been in the house for 4 years....still waiting.

Will use the hot tub by the pool area as long as it isn't foamy and gross.