• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

JRA Services --- no longer a timeshare closing option

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just learned that after 20 years of competently and reliably handling timeshare resale closings, JRA Services is no more as of 01/21/17.

JRA principal Janet Ammirati has changed careers; she is now a realtor for an entity (completely unknown to me) called The Keyes Company.
For the record, I am not advertising for a real estate entity I don't know from Adam's cat, I am instead merely stating an established fact.

Janet was / is a very competent, no nonsense (but nonetheless communicative and very personable) paralegal who handled numerous timeshare closings for us over the years as both buyers and sellers. I always greatly appreciated Janet's careful and scrupulous attention to details.

We have considerably pared down our timeshare ownerships and have no plans or intentions to acquire any more in the future, but I for one will certainly miss Janet's reliable and eminently capable timeshare resale closing services; the best I've personally experienced over the years.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Theo, thanks for sharing this. We used Janet a couple of times and I agree with your comments. Sorry to see her leave her business, but wish her success in her new endeavor.

Mike

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the email from Janet on the 21st announcing the change. LT's backlog has to be increasing because of this.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very sorry to read this, Janet and her company have been one of the longest supporting advertisers on TUG and had a sterling reputation among members who used them.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used Janet a couple of times and I agree with your comments. Sorry to see her leave her business, but wish her success in her new endeavor.

My thought too except that we only used her once and that was to sell the one and only TS we ever bought (regrettably from one of those sales presentations).

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw this today when I was trying to Google "JRA Service" and nothing would come up with a link to her site. Found this redirect.

http://www.timeshareresaleclosings.com/

Janet's inclusion of a referral to another long established and licensed title agency in her above referenced "closing the JRA doors" message is worthy of note and perhaps speaks well for that outfit. I won't overtly name that entity, since I don't personally know them from Adam's cat, but anyone further interested can of course simply view the link provided and read Janet Ammirati's "departure" message for themselves.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
said outfit has been a long time TUG supporting advertiser run by Dave Heine...who I believe also posts here as a member from time to time.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Their base fee is typical for the industry but more than double what LT charges.

True, but in all fairness it should perhaps also be noted that the entity at issue is a licensed title agency, licensed as such in 20+ states.

I certainly like and have occasionally used LT Transfers for simple and straightforward transfers, as both buyer and seller. However, a transaction with any legal wrinkles may require a bit more than just templating an existing deed and inserting new grantor / grantee names into a new one. Having personally encountered such "wrinkles" on occasion (a now-deceased spouse name on a grantor deed, for just one example, requiring delicately obtaining affidavit of death before completion of a transfer), I always very much appreciated (and utilized) JRA / Janet's background as a trained and experienced paralegal, attentively catching and promptly resolving any such "wrinkles" in order to properly complete a transfer.

Anyway, it's great to have closing options and for simple and straightforward closings, I wholeheartedly agree that LT Transfers can't be beat.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll miss Janet too! She was great! Always so organized and able to sort things out when a seller or buyer (or I) messed up.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have found out that Janet may be back in the timeshare transfer and closing business, not with JRA Service, but rather with another operation.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found out that Janet may be back in the timeshare transfer and closing business, not with JRA Service, but rather with another operation.

If / when this information is confirmed, I hope that you'll share the details.
I don't think that it would constitute (prohibited) advertising to merely note a "change of venue" for a trustworthy person already well known here. :shrug:

Last edited:

JanetA

Reaction score
said outfit has been a long time TUG supporting advertiser run by Dave Heine...who I believe also posts here as a member from time to time.
Yes Brian, I did sell the website to Dave Heine. I am still in the timeshare transfer business working with a different company. I am available to assist with timeshare transfers. If anyone would like to contact me they can feel free to call me 954-632-5856 or email me deeding@bocatransfers.com. I hope I'm not breaking rules by providing my contact info. People can also contact me through Facebook either on my personal page or I still have a JRA Facebook page.
Thank you!!

JanetA

Reaction score
Hello:
I can't believe that I'm just seeing these posts now, but nonetheless, I'm very glad that I'm seeing them. I am still in the timeshare transfer business working with a licensed title company. I did get my real estate license but I decided fairly quickly that that is not what I want to be doing. I'm going to respond to the posts on TUG so that people can find me if they would like my assistance with any timeshare transfers. Please feel free to call me 954-632-5856 or my work email deeding@BocaTransfers.com.
Thank you and I hope to stay in touch.
Best Regards,
Janet Ammirati:cheer:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Janet, I am glad to hear you are still in the business. You helped us with one of our purchases and we have and will definitely refer people to you.

Best regards.

Mike

JanetA

Reaction score
Janet, I am glad to hear you are still in the business. You helped us with one of our purchases and we have and will definitely refer people to you.

Best regards.

Mike
Thank you!! I would very much appreciate any referrals and passing the word around that I'm still doing timeshare transfers.
Best Regards,
Janet

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don't you advertise your new location on TUG. It's good to hear that you are back in business,you did a great service for me on a timeshare that I purchased.

JanetA

Reaction score
Why don't you advertise your new location on TUG. It's good to hear that you are back in business,you did a great service for me on a timeshare that I purchased.
If I can help you with anything, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,
Janet

JanetA

Reaction score
I'll miss Janet too! She was great! Always so organized and able to sort things out when a seller or buyer (or I) messed up.
Please feel free to contact me if I can help you with anything.
Regards,
Janet