• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just a heads up. Sandia Title or Advance Travel Inc. www.sandiatitle.com

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
A freind of mine got this letter for a $0 value timeshare in Mexico. Website registered in Nassau.

They list an address in NM where I will be going in few weeks. Called them to see if we can set up a meeting in their office in this high rise tower they are stating as their office address but they hang up.

If anyone belives it is not a scam, I think we need to talk.

Dear Mr. XXX,

This email is regarding the resale proposal sent to you by Advance Travel Inc. for your timeshare with the following information;

Timeshare Property: XXX
Location of purchase:
XXX
Additional Benefits: XXX

**Please make sure that the information above is correct.

My name is Siobhan Brady and I work for Sandia Title Company, Inc. in Albuquerque, NM. I will be your closing account manager for this international transaction. My job is to guarantee the funds and make sure that everyone receives what they sign for.

I would also like to inform you that an closing account was opened on March 29 which you are the beneficiary of, and that we have received a deposit of $49,870.00 USD into your closing account today.

During today, Advance Travel Inc. will be forwarding our Guaranteed Contract to you, it’ll been signed by all parties and it will only be missing yours. Please feel at liberty to review it. Liam Goldman from Advance Travel Inc. will be your main point of contact and together we’ll be a team, so, if you need further assistance, I’m always happy to help.

When you return the contract signed, closing will take place in 30-45 days. To ensure that there won’t be anything that’ll prevent the transfer of ownership, our agents at our Mexican branch will be conducting a background check.

At closing you will be receiving either a certified check or a wire transfer with the funds destined for this transaction. As soon as the funds reflect in your account we’ll send you your closing package with the transfer of ownership document for you to sign, notarize and send back to us.

Please acknowledge this email by replying to it or by calling me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

raw

Siobhan Brady | Closing Account Manager

Address: 6565 Americas Parkway NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87110

Ph: 505.675.1090 | Fax: 505.212.0563

services@sandiatitle.com | www.sandiatitle.com

This message is a PRIVATE communication. This message and all attachments are a private communication and are confidential or protected by privilege. If you’re not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained on or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. -

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
A freind of mine got this letter for a $0 value timeshare in Mexico. Website registered in Nassau.

They list an address in NM where I will be going in few weeks. Called them to see if we can set up a meeting in their office in this high rise tower they are stating as their office address but they hang up.

Dear Mr. XXX,

This email is regarding the resale proposal sent to you by Advance Travel Inc. for your timeshare with the following information;

Location of purchase:
XXX

My name is Siobhan Brady and I work for Sandia Title Company, Inc. in Albuquerque, NM. I will be your closing account manager for this international transaction. My job is to guarantee the funds and make sure that everyone receives what they sign for.

I would also like to inform you that an closing account was opened on March 29 which you are the beneficiary of, and that we have received a deposit of $49,870.00 USD into your closing account today.

During today, Advance Travel Inc. will be forwarding our Guaranteed Contract to you, it’ll been signed by all parties and it will only be missing yours. Please feel at liberty to review it. Liam Goldman from Advance Travel Inc. will be your main point of contact and together we’ll be a team, so, if you need further assistance, I’m always happy to help.

When you return the contract signed, closing will take place in 30-45 days. To ensure that there won’t be anything that’ll prevent the transfer of ownership, our agents at our Mexican branch will be conducting a background check.

At closing you will be receiving either a certified check or a wire transfer with the funds destined for this transaction. As soon as the funds reflect in your account we’ll send you your closing package with the transfer of ownership document for you to sign, notarize and send back to us.

Please acknowledge this email by replying to it or by calling me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

raw

This message is a PRIVATE communication. This message and all attachments are a private communication and are confidential or protected by privilege. If you’re not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained on or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. -

Heckuva deal! What could go wrong?

MaxieGetDown

Reaction score

Dear Mr. XXX,

Location of purchase:
XXX

Kind regards,

raw

Dear Mr. XXX,

Location of purchase:
XXX

Kind regards,

raw

I received the same letter. What has been the outcome for you?

Reaction score
Hi Samara,

I see you really spend a lot of your valuable time in this forum. I also like traveling and enjoy vacation clubs, however I do not use too much of my time on Forums to write reviews.

I certainly think that you work for the Tugbbs company and I do not think that is a negative thing for the members of the forum, since I feel that I really count on people who can attend our complaints or help us report situations such as Internet scams.

On the other hand, sometimes we make mistakes and declare unfairly against companies without having data or documents that can support what we are publishing in open media such as Internet.

I mean, I also had an important transaction with the company Sandía Title a couple of months ago and everything has been a success in my favor.

I also received a similar letter but I did what is really right to do before posting comments without legal grounds.

I Investigated for several days on the Internet to read as many reviews as possible. It gave me a lot of confidence to read many positive comments on Yelp, Google, and more citations directories in favor of Sandía Title and finally I took the initiative to call the company directly and ask for information about the closing agent that had previously sent me the letter.

All this work of investigating and studying the company made me feel safer to make the decision and carry out the negotiation with Sandía Title. It really was worth to invest my time reading before acting in anyway.

In case that friend of yours needs to know more about what to do before signing anything then tell him or tell her about me and how I did it.

Again, I want to congratulate you Samara for your long time as an employee of Tugbbs.
Just be careful next time to improve your spelling quality and always back up your statements with legal documents.

I'm a business owner too and that's why I learned when to write a bad or a good comment when I really have the basis to support what I say.

Regards Georgine

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Hi Samara,

I see you really spend a lot of your valuable time in this forum. I also like traveling and enjoy vacation clubs, however I do not use too much of my time on Forums to write reviews.

I certainly think that you work for the Tugbbs company and I do not think that is a negative thing for the members of the forum, since I feel that I really count on people who can attend our complaints or help us report situations such as Internet scams.

On the other hand, sometimes we make mistakes and declare unfairly against companies without having data or documents that can support what we are publishing in open media such as Internet.

I mean, I also had an important transaction with the company Sandía Title a couple of months ago and everything has been a success in my favor.

I also received a similar letter but I did what is really right to do before posting comments without legal grounds.

I Investigated for several days on the Internet to read as many reviews as possible. It gave me a lot of confidence to read many positive comments on Yelp, Google, and more citations directories in favor of Sandía Title and finally I took the initiative to call the company directly and ask for information about the closing agent that had previously sent me the letter.

All this work of investigating and studying the company made me feel safer to make the decision and carry out the negotiation with Sandía Title. It really was worth to invest my time reading before acting in anyway.

In case that friend of yours needs to know more about what to do before signing anything then tell him or tell her about me and how I did it.

Again, I want to congratulate you Samara for your long time as an employee of Tugbbs.
Just be careful next time to improve your spelling quality and always back up your statements with legal documents.

I'm a business owner too and that's why I learned when to write a bad or a good comment when I really have the basis to support what I say.

Regards Georgine

*** SHILL ALERT ***

The only “employee” is you as a shill for this scam company.

The reason why this scam company hung up on the OP when they offered to meet them in their NM office is because they aren’t there. Scammers don’t lease offices. Proof that Advance Travel, Inc is a scam operation is because the state of NM has no record of this corporation. Anyone can look that up.

Last edited:

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Georgina, RX8 may be on to something. You note that Samara likes to post on Tug. She has 260 posts in 13 years. Not exactly a record. Many Tug posters have in the thousands - some over 10,000. 20 posts a year certainly won't make a person a Tug employee. I believe that Samara was only posting to help the Tug community recognize a scam in the making. You - on the other hand, show up with your first post being an endorsement of a company offering $50,000 for a worthless RTU timeshare in Mexico. Please stand by as you get creamed by a very knowledgeable group of Tug members - not employees. :D

Reaction score
Hi RX8,

That´s a very bold statement on your part. I understand that you prefer to hide your real name for the same reason. On my part, I confirm you that being a satisfied client doesn't mean I am accomplice of the company.
I´d like you to stop asserting such reckless offenses about me.
I will report this to the Forum´s moderator because of the inappropriate use of words and I definitely will request that members use their real name and a real profile pic.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Inappropriate use of words? You mean the fact that there is no entity by that name operating legally in the state of NM? Not a shred of doubt that this “company” was established for one purpose and that is to scam people out of their money.

If you want to keep making claims that you are a satisfied customer go ahead. I’ll just stick with the facts, thank you.

LOL by the way. You immediately attack a long time forum member as working for TUG because she posted her experience about this scam operation. An operation that she recognized as one of the oldest scams there is (Cold call, contracts signed with a buyer willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a timeshare that can be found for free). Yet, when I call you out as being a shill for these scammers you threaten me with going to the moderator for “asserting such reckless offenses about you”. Hilarious.

Last edited:

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Ms. Shill, Sandia Title has an "F" rating with the BBB. If you read the complaint on the BBB website, it is an exact duplicate of what the original poster described. RX8 is no dummy. He is an internet expert. And, in the interest of privacy, most people on any public website don't use their birth names. And I bet you didn't either....

And please, report any problems to the website monitors. They will be happy to give you a fair hearing.

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Thanks Iggyearl! I’m not an expert on the internet, just someone who can Google

Here are the facts from the BBB on this related scam title company Sandia Title. This scam company isn’t responding to the BBB because, well, they are scammers.

ALERT
BBB Serving New Mexico and Southwest Colorado has been unable to find an escrow company license issued by the New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department - Financial Institutions Division (FID). On January 17, 2018, BBB contacted Sandia Title to ask for their escrow company license. The business replied on January 29, stating they are in the process of renewing their escrow license. BBB checked with FID and has confirmed that as of February 27, 2017, Sandia Title Company does not have a pending escrow company license application.

BBB has asked the business for a better description of the exact services they provide, as well as copies of their contracts, forms or documents used in the normal course of business. The business replied stating the previous management was not doing a proper job and that is why there was a change in management and they are working diligently to get everything in order. The business further requested an additional 45 days to provide copies of the contracts requested. BBB feels this amount of time is too long and has requested copies of contracts, forms, and other documents provided to consumers in the normal course of business be provided to BBB by February 19, 2018. The business has failed to respond to our request.

<>
The reported business address of 6565 Americas Parkway NE, Suite 200, is a multi-story, multi-business office building, and suite 200 houses a company that provides virtual office services. BBB has requested a physical address from the company. To date, the business has failed to respond to our request.“

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
More info on Sandia Title. Yes, there is an active corporation with NM. However, as have seen with other proven scammers the corporation was dormant until these scammers filed paperwork on 8/17/17 to reinstate the corporation. Illegally reopening the corporation which wasn’t theirs to begin with. All for the scam purposes of reassuring victims that they are legit.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Last edited:

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Georgina,

Just saw this funny conversation.

First off, thanks for everyone that vouched for me.

Second, I can guarantee you that I am not a TUG employee. As a matter of fact, I do not think there is many employees on TUG. All are volunteers or people who love timeshare.

I have to agree that I used to come here way more often but with my engineering job, it is not always easy as i can be busy for weeks.

TUG would have no benefits whatsoever if that deal would have gone through or not. They are trying to help people not to get scammed either by buying developer full retail or otherwise as in this case. It is just a database for people to search if they have questions.

The interesting thing about my friend (a retired MD), he is the one who got me into timeshare (Worldmark). I was about to buy it from developer but after talking to him, he stated do not make the mistake I made and buy resale.

Few weeks later I call him and he just bought few more thousand credits from developer because they convinced him over the phone to not mix resale and developer credits in one account. He never buys resale and probably spent over $250K in worthless TS in Mexico and low end US brands that he has to pay lots of money later to get rid of. About a year ago, he upgraded his Mexico TS from 2BR to 3BR PH for a special price of $47,000 during his stay.

He lost a bit of money through few scams like donate for a cause, upfront fee companies (3 times). Pretty much anyone who calls or emails him, he just jumps on the deal. So I asked him to please not to sign any timeshare docs before calling me as every time I hear these stories my blood starts boiling. I once sent him to Myrtle beach, he was about to buy 500K Wyndham access points from developer as a special deal and I had to ask him on the phone to please get out of the sale presentation and I will match the gift they offered him. Next day he went and bought 3,000 blue green points and we had to rescind it when he came back. That was the last time I sent him to a timeshare stay.

He emailed me this letter and was not sure if that was a scam but he had a bad feeling about it as he did not see the contract yet. I told him there is no need to see the contract, just ignore these people and I will take it from here.

By the way, I am a HE. I know the name is a female name but that is not my name.

Sam

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I getting a good laugh out of Georgine/Georgina's reply that she intends to report the posts of OP saying she is part of the scam and ask the moderators to make members use their real names.

I seriously doubt a single one of the moderators or administrators would ever think that letter wasn't a scam! And I'm sure after all these years they will be changing TUG because this new person wants all of our names. Not!

This seems a move meant to intimidate the posters who weighed in calling this a scam and to keep others from adding their two cents in a similar vein. News flash, scammers and shills don't get far on TUG. A big shout out of thanks to the administrators, the moderators and the members too who keep TUG a valuable resource.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Georgina/Georgina is never coming back. Now we just wait for another happy “customer “ of Sandia title. Maybe one with a picture from Oxford University?

Shelby7

Reaction score
[Post removed at request of original poster.]

Last edited by a moderator:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
So sorry you got scammed. There are many people who fall for it so you are not alone. I think you are correct that there may be little recourse with these scammers who are likely outside the US. All we can do is call these scammers out to warn others before they send money, something TUGGERS are good at doing. Thank you for posting to further show potential victims that this “company” is only in existence to scam people.

We are still waiting for “Georgina” to reply.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shelby, so sad to hear of your circumstances. These people are good at gaining confidence and counterfeiting "official" documents. Below is an article from "Insidethegate" which explains the fraud in detail:

https://www.insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2015/04/mexico-timeshare-fraud-april-11-2015/

One thing you need to do is recognize that your money is GONE. It is not coming back. There are additional scammers who make follow-up calls and tell victims that they are with the government or some official organization- and they can get your money back. Please don't fall victim to that.

If you are serious about exposing these crooks, there are a number of websites that accept complaints. "Pissedconsumer," "Ripoffreport," "Consumeraffairs," and "Complaintsboard" are 4 of the biggest. If you would like to report this occurrence while knowing that you won't get any money back, here is another article from "Insidethegate." https://www.insidethegate.com/how-to-spot-a-scam/the-mexico-escrow-scam-2/

Your "testimony" may save someone from a similar fate.

Shelby7

Reaction score
So sorry you got scammed. There are many people who fall for it so you are not alone. I think you are correct that there may be little recourse with these scammers who are likely outside the US. All we can do is call these scammers out to warn others before they send money, something TUGGERS are good at doing. Thank you for posting to further show potential victims that this “company” is only in existence to scam people.
We are still waiting for “Georgina” to reply.

Thank you for the sympathy. I am really hating myself right now. It will take a long time to recover as this haunts me daily.

Shelby7

Reaction score
Shelby, so sad to hear of your circumstances. These people are good at gaining confidence and counterfeiting "official" documents. Below is an article from "Insidethegate" which explains the fraud in detail:

https://www.insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2015/04/mexico-timeshare-fraud-april-11-2015/

One thing you need to do is recognize that your money is GONE. It is not coming back. There are additional scammers who make follow-up calls and tell victims that they are with the government or some official organization- and they can get your money back. Please don't fall victim to that.

If you are serious about exposing these crooks, there are a number of websites that accept complaints. "Pissedconsumer," "Ripoffreport," "Consumeraffairs," and "Complaintsboard" are 4 of the biggest. If you would like to report this occurrence while knowing that you won't get any money back, here is another article from "Insidethegate." https://www.insidethegate.com/how-to-spot-a-scam/the-mexico-escrow-scam-2/

Thank you so much, Iggyearl, for the links and the list of websites to report complaints. These websites are extremely helpful. I will definitely take advantage of them and take your advice. I know I will be leery of everyone now. I've turned down many timeshare offers over the years and am disgusted I fell for this one. It was the title company approach that snagged me.