• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just inherited 154k Wyndham Ocean Ridge pts

dd77

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Ridge
Hello,
New to all this, so bear with me. We just inherited 154k Wyndham pts for their Wyndham Ocean Ridge property.

1. as soon as we got our login (Today) its telling us we have less than a month to use 154k points for 2018. Good problem to have, I know. But what are my options? I see that I have the option to transfer to RCI? We can no longer rollover to 2019 Wyndham, so I am curious what you're thoughts are. I see we could perhaps donate them too.

2. We arent sure we want to keep this. What is the best route for getting this appraised (if thats even a thing) and seeing what we can do to offload it.

Thanks!!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Hello,
New to all this, so bear with me. We just inherited 154k Wyndham pts for their Wyndham Ocean Ridge property.

1. as soon as we got our login (Today) its telling us we have less than a month to use 154k points for 2018. Good problem to have, I know. But what are my options? I see that I have the option to transfer to RCI? We can no longer rollover to 2019 Wyndham, so I am curious what you're thoughts are. I see we could perhaps donate them too.

2. We arent sure we want to keep this. What is the best route for getting this appraised (if thats even a thing) and seeing what we can do to offload it.

Thanks!!

Yes, given your account size and options - RCI would be the best option to extend the life of those points for your usage.

Donating this years points is also a good option - here is the description of the program from the Club Wyndham website (must to logged in to view it).
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/...t-extras/charitable-gift-program.page?#/DEAL1

In terms of an appraisal, the unfortunate truth is that most timeshares are near worthless - which is why you see tv ads for how to get out of your timeshare. Those timeshare exit companies are even worse scams, so definitely avoid them if you decide to offload it.

If you decide to off-load it, you might consider the Bargain basement area here on TUG. https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/bargain-deals.55/

Alternatively, if the estate has not been settled yet - and the timeshare is not in your name - you can refuse the inheritance. That does not seem like the case here, but I did want to mention it.

And lastly ... welcome to TUG. If you decide to keep it, this is a great place to ask questions and learn how to get the most value out of your ownership.

Last edited:

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can decline the inheritance that is what I would do. In my estimation the points are virtually worthless.

These are the latest Maintenance Fee figures I have , which I think date to about 2017?. They were on the high side then and would have an additional inflation factor for the year(s) since, you can consider the average Wyndham Maintenance fee to be the Access MF which is close enough to $6 per 1,000 points for 2019.

Ocean Ridge - Bay Point at Edisto 8.02
Ocean Ridge - Fairway Terrace 7.42
Ocean Ridge - King Cotton Villas - Presidential 3.94
Ocean Ridge - South Pointe 6.12
Ocean Ridge-Beach Walk 5.97
Ocean Ridge-Edisto Village 7.30
Ocean Ridge-Marsh Point I 8.66
Ocean Ridge-Marsh Point II 8.71

If you keep the inheritance and cannot use the 2018 points for vacation then depositing into RCI is the best use.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks!!
Welcome to TUG. I'm not a Wyndham owner, and others will probably chime in with options. I think that 154K is a usable bundle of points. At this stage, you're probably committed. You didn't HAVE to accept the bequest, but what's done is done. Probably a worst case situation is those 2018 points will just evaporate unused, but maybe someone else has a lst minute idea that will a) not cost much or anything, and b) salvage them for your use.

Not much point in getting a timeshare appraised. They aren't worth much. For an idea, just sign onto eBay, put the resort particulars in the search window. It will return the results of auctions on similar weeks. look down the left side for 'Completed Auctions'. Wyndham has a program called Ovation to deed it back to them, or you can attempt to sell/give it away here on TUG in the Marketplace. DO NOT even consider paying one of those upfront fee outfits to sell it for you. They are scams.

Since you are new, stick around TUG. Study the Wyndham forum. Try it. You might be like us and find timesharing a pleasant addiction. If you are going to be 'trading' (we call it exchanging), pay the $15 to join TUG. That gives you access to the reviews to thousands of resorts, as well as the ability to offer yours either for sale or rent in the Marketplace.

Again, Welcome!

Jim

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Decline it if that is still an option. You are under no obligation to accept the inheritance. As basham pointed out the maintenance fees are quite high there. Maintenance fees are something you will owe as long as you have this so keep that in mind. And if you want to get rid of it down the road finding someone else who wants points with high maintenance fees may be more difficult. If you want Wyndham points with lower maintenance fees you can pick something up really cheap here in the bargain deals under Buying, Selling, Renting or in the Marketplace. Another place to look is on eBay.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Agreed. You couldn't pay me to take on an Ocean Ridge contract because of the high maintenance fees. Also, having advanced reservation priority at that resort is pointless because the rooms are ALWAYS available 10 months out all year long.

dd77

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Ridge
thanks everyone!! while a little annoying that we weren't given an option to decline this, we're still blessed so I guess it's ok. off the top of your heads, is 154k a good number to vacation with either at Wyndham or RCI? I'll read up on the other posts/information posted here....appreciate it.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It is a decent amount. You will be limited when booking the newer resorts.

Here is the exchange chart for RCI.

upload_2018-12-5_21-7-49.png