• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Passed ROFR

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just got a notification that Hyatt won't transfer the ownership to me unless I pay the 2019 MF fees... Should I try and pay the fees directly to Hyatt or the company I'm dealing with?
I am going to make the assumption you know for sure you are dealing with a reputable company. I have many times sent a certified check for mfs due, prior to closing, to the company handling my closing.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Thank you, I just logged into my II account and went under my account to see if anything new is there but alas no.... I appreciate you telling me where to look. I agree, I'm Platinum in my personal account and that is a bummer that Hyatt only gives you gold...
We always pay to upgrade to platinum as Hyatt is such a good trader in II. We dont for our Vistana property.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I am going to make the assumption you know for sure you are dealing with a reputable company. I have many times sent a certified check for mfs due, prior to closing, to the company handling my closing.

Yes, I am dealing with a reputable company, thanks for letting me know this is common... I would have guessed so since we are in January and I could see how Hyatt would not want to transfer a unit with out getting the 2019 MF's paid.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update, I just paid the MF's via my CC, so I could get some miles out of the deal and they immediately responded back that I'm in the recording phase at the county. Once the county finishes recording the deed, I will enter finalization at the resort.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
My transfer paperwork was sent to Hyatt on December 11th. I was finally able to create my account today after I found that the unit had been recognized by Hyatt when I went on my personal II account (left over from when I owned Marriott) and saw it there. No official word from Hyatt at all, but I called them today and got my member number and contract number and was able to set up my online account. This is a platnimum week 20 Highlands unit purchased for $2,000 that passed ROFR on December 10th. The deadline to transfer to EEE was tomorrow so I was just in time for that if I had wanted to do that, but I was able to find a Christmas week (Sun-Sun starting Dec 22, 2019) available at Highlands so I quickly grabbed that week. I also found out that I apparently have 1580 points in EEE (good until May 2020) from the transfer and the account does not show any maintenance fees owed currently (I should owe for 2019) so not sure if those will show up later or, the previous owner paid them as part of getting rid of it (this was an eBay purchase through a company). If so, then the week cost a total of $3150 (with all fees) with 1580 EEE points and free use for 2019. Pretty good deal if this holds and I do not get billed for 2019 fees. If I eventually do, still happy with the purchase. If they do show up at some future point, there was apparently no issue transferring it with 2019 maintenance fees due.

Last edited:

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We always pay to upgrade to platinum as Hyatt is such a good trader in II. We dont for our Vistana property.

I thought the gold / platinum status just made things a tad cheaper... Does it give better visibility of available properties?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I thought the gold / platinum status just made things a tad cheaper... Does it give better visibility of available properties?
Not better availability but I seem to get more offers . I usually have at least 2 certificates at a time plus as you said the money you save with each trade and guest certificate. Well worth it for us

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Just got a notification that Hyatt won't transfer the ownership to me unless I pay the 2019 MF fees... Should I try and pay the fees directly to Hyatt or the company I'm dealing with?
I would pay Hyatt... Call this Hyatt number and they should be able to assist you. 800-487-2033

For what it’s worth I have (2) Hyatt’s they have yet to bill me 2019 fees for. I have called about both and have been told they will invoice me later.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I think no on better visibility, you just get some better perks, cheaper get aways and free guest cert. with platinum.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
My transfer paperwork was sent to Hyatt on December 11th. I was finally able to create my account today after I found that the unit had been recognized by Hyatt when I went on my personal II account (left over from when I owned Marriott) and saw it there. No official word from Hyatt at all, but I called them today and got my member number and contract number and was able to set up my online account. This is a platnimum week 20 Highlands unit purchased for $2,000 that passed ROFR on December 10th. The deadline to transfer to EEE was tomorrow so I was just in time for that if I had wanted to do that, but I was able to find a Christmas week (Sun-Sun starting Dec 22, 2019) available at Highlands so I quickly grabbed that week. I also found out that I apparently have 1580 points in EEE (good until May 2020) from the transfer and the account does not show any dues owed currently (I should owe for 2019) so not sure if those will show up later or, the previous owner paid them as part of getting rid of it (this was an eBay purchase through a company). If so, then the week cost a total of $3150 (with all fees) with 1580 EEE points and free use for 2019. Pretty good deal if this holds and I do not get billed for 2019 fees. If I eventually do, still happy with the purchase. If they do show up at some future point, there was apparently no issue transferring it with 2019 maintenance fees due.
I’m in same boat in dues. I have called and emailed about how to pay multiple times,,, We will invoice you later. (Not like other TS system no money no service.)

One of mine had two years of EEE points. I already booked the Ridge at Lake Tahoe with some. They also had 1 year of LCUP points about to expire I snagged Christmas at Coconut Plantation and heading to Key West next week for Sunset Harbor. Still got 130 more to book with before. 1/26.

(2) Things I learned from others posts that may help you. EEE points just have to be booked before expiring so you don’t have to take trip before expiring. You can artificially extend them even further by just booking something as far out as possible add ePlus then you can retrade up to 3 times for something you really want.

CUP points even if you missed EEE cut off if you find a exchange you want you can call GO Hyatt and have them move them for the exchange.

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
I bought Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation, week 42, in 2017 for $500. I know the 1300 points is low, but I purchased it to use it, not trade it. It originally sold for $13,000. I thought this was a GREAT deal!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I’m in same boat in dues. I have called and emailed about how to pay multiple times,,, We will invoice you later. (Not like other TS system no money no service.)

One of mine had two years of EEE points. I already booked the Ridge at Lake Tahoe with some. They also had 1 year of LCUP points about to expire I snagged Christmas at Coconut Plantation and heading to Key West next week for Sunset Harbor. Still got 130 more to book with before. 1/26.

(2) Things I learned from others posts that may help you. EEE points just have to be booked before expiring so you don’t have to take trip before expiring. You can artificially extend them even further by just booking something as far out as possible add ePlus then you can retrade up to 3 times for something you really want.

CUP points even if you missed EEE cut off if you find a exchange you want you can call GO Hyatt and have them move them for the exchange.

Okay, here's an ignorant question. I had 400 points deposited into EEE. I see them when I log into my HRC account.
However when I log into my II Hyatt account, it doesn't list the number of points that were deposited..
If I want to do a vacation exchange, I select from the point amount to use from a table grid for size of unit by TDI demand.
But the lowest point amount in the grid is 230. What if I tried to make an exchange with more points than I had deposited?
Would they take it from my next year's allotment, or put the xchange on hold?

Is there another way to use those EEE points? I thought once they were moved to EEE, I had to use them in II.

Thanks!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
EEE points can only be used in II.

My suggestion when scanning for good locations in II search using the largest unit with greatest TDI. This will show you everything out there. You will only be billed the points required for unit you book.

I also suggest searching using resort codes. Pick today’s date to start and two years later to end.

Then paste this entire list in the search field. (Note: Some of these codes are for Hyatt’s and they will not show up, I use this list for other system to that do pull Hyatt’s.). This is a list of all the Elite and Premium Botuque resorts.

HRP, HNS, HWP, HYS, HSH, HYK, HYN, HBK, HMS, HSL, HYP, HYA, HCC, HYB, HYI, HRA, LFP, SXP, STW, SDI, VTA, PGA, PGN, SRM, FSA, SCT, VIO, VO1, VIT, SVV, VKW, VVM, VCC, VIS, VS1, WDL, KAA, KA1, KAN, KA1, WKV, WLR, WMH, WPV, WV1, WRF, WEJ, WSJ, MAW, MFC, MGO, MMB, MPU, MKO, MOW, MAO, MCP, MBY, MMC, MSE, MSF, MDS, MPD, MGR, MSK, MCV, MMO, NCV, MSU, MKW, MPB, MUZ, MGA, MG1, MG3, MG5, MOU, MCU, MGC, MC1, MGK, MM1, WNA, MGI, KIR, YAM, YOU, VVR, GZE, CIU, POE, BG1, BGD, GBR, PZZ, MMY, WFR, GRI, CL3, CLD, IN1, INN, SFW, SW1, AIK, DMO, TRJ, CCK, BKL, ISN

What happens if you book more than you have points for. When you confirm an exchange it’s pending until TS company confirms a unit to II. Once this occurs. Your pending confirmation becomes a confirmed confirmation, my guess is if you lack points Hyatt won’t confirm and then you will have to battle II on getting exchange fee back.

Some one else can chime in if Hyatt will allow you to borrow points, but if they do you will probably have to prepay MFs

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
thanks Breezez!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Breezez: per the end of your post, I can't speak for Hyatt but I traded into II with a 1br Welk and just had to pay an extra hundred or two for a two bedroom upgrade in Hilton Head last April. Got confirmation for the HH resort (Spinnaker) within a few hours.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
EEE points can only be used in II.

My suggestion when scanning for good locations in II search using the largest unit with greatest TDI. This will show you everything out there. You will only be billed the points required for unit you book.

I also suggest searching using resort codes. Pick today’s date to start and two years later to end.

Then paste this entire list in the search field. (Note: Some of these codes are for Hyatt’s and they will not show up, I use this list for other system to that do pull Hyatt’s.). This is a list of all the Elite and Premium Botuque resorts.

HRP, HNS, HWP, HYS, HSH, HYK, HYN, HBK, HMS, HSL, HYP, HYA, HCC, HYB, HYI, HRA, LFP, SXP, STW, SDI, VTA, PGA, PGN, SRM, FSA, SCT, VIO, VO1, VIT, SVV, VKW, VVM, VCC, VIS, VS1, WDL, KAA, KA1, KAN, KA1, WKV, WLR, WMH, WPV, WV1, WRF, WEJ, WSJ, MAW, MFC, MGO, MMB, MPU, MKO, MOW, MAO, MCP, MBY, MMC, MSE, MSF, MDS, MPD, MGR, MSK, MCV, MMO, NCV, MSU, MKW, MPB, MUZ, MGA, MG1, MG3, MG5, MOU, MCU, MGC, MC1, MGK, MM1, WNA, MGI, KIR, YAM, YOU, VVR, GZE, CIU, POE, BG1, BGD, GBR, PZZ, MMY, WFR, GRI, CL3, CLD, IN1, INN, SFW, SW1, AIK, DMO, TRJ, CCK, BKL, ISN

What happens if you book more than you have points for. When you confirm an exchange it’s pending until TS company confirms a unit to II. Once this occurs. Your pending confirmation becomes a confirmed confirmation, my guess is if you lack points Hyatt won’t confirm and then you will have to battle II on getting exchange fee back.

Some one else can chime in if Hyatt will allow you to borrow points, but if they do you will probably have to prepay MFs

Wow, great list. Thanks for all of the great suggestions

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Call Hyatt and pay it over the phone
ETA: Sorry I see you already did

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since we were discussing pricing etc, a datapoint: Hyatt Beach House Diamond week just sold on eBay for $5700.

Sapper:

Wow, thanks for sharing, can you share what week that was?

I’m so grateful that I got my week 15 for $4K

Last edited:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Sapper:

Wow, thanks for sharing, can you share what week that was?

I’m so grateful that I got my week 15 for $4K

I was watching that one as well. It had closing cost and transfer fee paid by the seller.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When did Marriott get involved with Hyatt timeshares?

It might be that I bought during the sweet spot of the transfer of Hyatt to Marriott. I was shocked that my offer passed ROFR.
I would go for a Diamond week right now