• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Justin Timberlake

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
My youngest son....who is not so young anymore (; 35, was over this morning. Over French Toast and coffee he mentioned a new song by Justin Timberlake. I know JT has a strong following but he is not really my old school style of singer. DS was amazed that JT's collaboration with a country and western singer was so good and was taking the internet by storm. The fact that it was filmed in one take outside a studio was another great achievement. So we watched it and I was totally in love with the old building they shot the film in. Beautiful iron work and wood. To me, it was the desire of a younger generation to keep what was valuable and beautiful....what was crafted by hand and full of the patina of something permanent. I had never heard of the other singer by the way but did like how both of them were able to mesh their styles into something quite beautiful

Anyway, for those of you who want to keep up with the kids and even the grandkids...here is the musical event of the year for the millennials. IMHO

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Very interesting video, and a beautiful old building. Justin Timberlake is a very talented man, who has come a long way since his Mickey Mouse Club days. His style is generally a bit too "mechanical" for me, as I prefer "singers" to actually "sing" their songs. Over the last twenty five years or so, music videos have meant the presentation of the music has become more about the package, and less about the singer singing a song. I don't necessarily disagree with it, just acknowledging that it's different than it used to be. The musicians I enjoy the most are those who can just stand and sing the song, evoking the emotion of it through their talent, and not with a backup crowd of hundreds of support staff and editors and whatever else to make it work.

Interestingly, I recall the furor when Milli Vanilli was found to be lip-syncing their songs on stage. Their career ended abruptly with claims of them being a fraud. (Shades of the public outrage to discover The Monkees were doing the same thing back in the day.) Anymore, with the over-produced level of many things music-related, a performer HAS to lip-sync when performing live, because the "experience" can't be duplicated in a live venue.

Dave

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Thanks for posting that! As a country music fan I enjoy Chris Stapleton's music (although he's not much to look at compared to Justin Timberlake) more so than JT's music. The video was shot in the Bradbury Building in LA, a beautiful old building where many movies (ie; Blade Runner) have also been shot. I am looking forward to seeing/hearing JT's Super Bowl half time show next week.

~Diane

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Diane...thanks for your post....we are great fans of the old Blade Runner movie and have watched it many times.....have not seen the new one....waiting for it to come out on cd since DH does not like the theatre experience anymore.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Interestingly, I recall the furor when Milli Vanilli was found to be lip-syncing their songs on stage. Their career ended abruptly with claims of them being a fraud. (Shades of the public outrage to discover The Monkees were doing the same thing back in the day.) Anymore, with the over-produced level of many things music-related, a performer HAS to lip-sync when performing live, because the "experience" can't be duplicated in a live venue.

Dave
It wasn't just that Milli Vanilli lip-synced, Morvan and Pilatus did not sing any of the vocals heard on their music releases.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
It wasn't just that Milli Vanilli lip-synced, Morvan and Pilatus did not sing any of the vocals heard on their music releases.

Yeah, quite different of a scenario. Rob and Fab did not sing at all, even in studio.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Yeah, quite different of a scenario. Rob and Fab did not sing at all, even in studio.

Ok. I didn't understand that. I thought it was just lip-syncing. Not singing seems a tad more egregious. ;) Now it makes more sense why they were vilified like they were.

Dave

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
HaHa ... there is something of a generation gap. I told a younger colleague of mine last year that I was really excited because we were going to see JT. She was rather surprised and said you like Justin Timberlake.....AHHH no...I like James Taylor.....He will always be JT to me.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
That building is STUNNING! And if I'm being honest, so is Justin Timberlake. :D

I like the song. Very interesting lyrics, "everybody says say something that says something ... best to say nothing at all," considering he was blasted for his first response to one of the many sexual harassment deviants stories breaking recently. (Not sure how else to say this but I'm NOT looking to discuss any of the stories, just pointing out another example of his music having timely messages.)