• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kaatskill Mountain Resort?

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Anybody been here? There's only one review on Tug, and it's old. Looking for 2019, and that popped up. We've been in western Mass, but never the Catskills of NY. Thinking of trying it out. We like ski resorts in the summer time, and we've stayed at places with a similar layout (Jackson Gore, Mount Snow, Jordan Grand) so I think it would work for us. Thanks for any feedback you have!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've stayed there several times during one of their spring festivals (book a week but only stay 3-4 nights). The rooms are nice, I've stayed in the studio with the full kitchen, a 2 bedroom and a 3 bedroom. The lodge is nice. Wifi in the unit can be spotty so you may need to go down to the first floor open area reception. The onsite restaurant is good and reasonably priced. The area is very pretty and it looks like there could be some nice self guided hiking and exploring. The resort itself consists of a single lodge building. The pool seems very small for the size of the place. They do have zipline tours and a climbing tower/ropes course on site. You would be on your own for entertainment/exploring most days. I see those summer units pop up and considered it but Massanutten (much much closer to us) and Smuggs (further but more to do) just seem to offer more activities for my teenage boys.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've stayed there several times during one of their spring festivals (book a week but only stay 3-4 nights). The rooms are nice, I've stayed in the studio with the full kitchen, a 2 bedroom and a 3 bedroom. The lodge is nice. Wifi in the unit can be spotty so you may need to go down to the first floor open area reception. The onsite restaurant is good and reasonably priced. The area is very pretty and it looks like there could be some nice self guided hiking and exploring. The resort itself consists of a single lodge building. The pool seems very small for the size of the place. They do have zipline tours and a climbing tower/ropes course on site. You would be on your own for entertainment/exploring most days. I see those summer units pop up and considered it but Massanutten (much much closer to us) and Smuggs (further but more to do) just seem to offer more activities for my teenage boys.
Of course, now it's gone on the RCI website...GAH. We'll see. Maybe it will pop back up. Kiddos would just as soon go to the Bethel Inn, which is a couple of hours away. (They are NOT good car travelers!) We make our own entertainment most of the time, so no issues there. Thank you for the feedback...I'll keep an eagle eye out this evening to see if it comes back.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
This is close to where I live, Missy! I have never stayed here, but everyone I know who has says they liked it. Hunter Mountain. If you do ever stay here, give me a shout out!

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's been there on and off for a couple of weeks. If you set up an ongoing search for it, I suspect it will reappear tomorrow or the next day.

It looks nice, but we've never been.

If you can go to the Catskills, and you have kids, we love Villa Roma. Lots of pools, activities, entertainment...haven't been back for a few years, but it was real old-fashioned Catskills fun. You would probably have to do a rental in the summer, it goes through II and they hardly ever get summer. Good luck!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is close to where I live, Missy! I have never stayed here, but everyone I know who has says they liked it. Hunter Mountain. If you do ever stay here, give me a shout out!
I thought it was in your neck of the woods! ;)

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And it was back this morning! WOO HOO! Mary Ann...we descend upon your area 7/19/19. Look out...the Crews family is coming to town. :)

Looking forward to exploring a new area. Now to figure out Christmas break 2018....and Feb break 2019.....

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
And it was back this morning! WOO HOO! Mary Ann...we descend upon your area 7/19/19. Look out...the Crews family is coming to town. :)

Looking forward to exploring a new area. Now to figure out Christmas break 2018....and Feb break 2019.....

Wow! Very awesome! You are so good at this exchange thing! Missycrews comes to the Catskills!