TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Kahului dinner suggestion

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by LJT, Feb 12, 2018.

1. LJT

LJT TUG Member

We are staying at the Marriott in Kahului on our first night before doing the road to Hana. Need suggestions for dinner that night - nothing fancy as we will all be tired from flying - and breakfast the next morning. 6 adults including my parents. We have been to the island many times but have never eaten in Kahului other than quick service. TIA!

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

3. capjak

capjak TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
    If you can hold out until you reach Paia there are some good options, just ate at the Fish Market (which is also in Kihei/Lahina now) in Paia but there are several to choose from there.

4. mauitraveler

mauitraveler TUG Member

What time do you arrive? Da Kitchen is open until 9:00 p.m.. They're practically across the street from the Courtyard. They have a large menu from which to choose, serve large portions, is super popular with the locals, and their prices are very reasonable. We always stop there for lunch when we arrive, before heading out to Kaanapali. For breakfast, you might try Whole Foods which is about 1/2 mile away, and you can also pick up some items before you head off to Hana. CJ

easyrider, LisaH and LJT like this.
  5. artringwald

artringwald TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
    Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!

clifffaith, taterhed and LJT like this.
  6. canesfan

canesfan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORVN x2
    WSJ-BV
    WLR
    I second Da Kitchen. If you’re still around for lunch and want something super casual Tin Roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

We go to Da Kitchen at least once during our Maui trips. For something a bit more gourmet, I’ll recommend Hali'i Maile General Store. They also serve lunch during weekdays.

8. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

We love Hali'iMaile General Store. But I wouldn't recommend it for dinner if you're just arriving and tired. It's 9 miles from where you're staying, and could be tricky to find the road if it's dark. I would save it for another time. We've only gone there for lunch, but enjoy it a lot.

controller1 and LisaH like this.
  9. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Plat,RCI pts,Shell,WorldMark,OKW,SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP; Blue Ridge Village.
    You could always go to Costco for a hot dog and drink. Just $1.50 each person. The Krispy Kreme donuts is a great suggestion, too. :)

I don't know that I have eaten anywhere really great that close to the intersection by the Courtyard Marriott.

Marco's was okay. It's very close. I would go to the Regal movie theater and get a big bucket of popcorn for dinner. We are doing that the last day of our trip. We have to check out of our resort at 11 AM and need to find something to do until 4 PM.

easyrider and Luanne like this.
  10. Luanne

That's a great idea! There is a movie that we want to see that is coming out while we are on Maui. Going that last day on the island, when we have a 4 p.m. flight might work out really well.

11. PaulaC

PaulaC TUG Member

Sheldon Simeon, Top Chef finalist, opened his Tin Roof restaurant in the area. It is only open from 10 - 2, Monday through Saturday, but you could have a great meal!

LisaH likes this.
  12. bobpark56

bobpark56 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Not sure about dinner, but for lunch we like Sam Sato's. But get there early (before 12:00) or be prepared to wait in line. Their saimin is my favorite.

13. NTP66

NTP66 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
    Add another 2 votes for Da Kitchen (I'm voting for my wife by proxy).

14. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

Yes! Tin Roof is a worthy option. Cant believe I forgot about this. Its a small place very busy during lunch. Actually I am not sure it opens for dinner...

15. taterhed

taterhed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    pending Westin WKORV OFD
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Worldmark x2
    Da Kitchen is Awesome!

Ale House isn't bad for 'food' but it's just that; food. Good beer though and pretty cheap. Music sometimes.

16. Luanne

We were in the area around lunchtime and decided to try Da Kicthen. Looked like it would be a long wait so we passed.

17. LJT

LJT TUG Member

Thanks for all the advice! We went to Da Kitchen - there was a wait but they were spot on giving us the time - 20 minutes and it was well worth it - even after a long flight! Dinner was delicious and we will go again. If we had been in town over lunch we would have tried Tin Roof - maybe next time.

mauitraveler likes this.
  18. NTP66

NTP66 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
    We didn't get to go to Da Kitchen during our last trip, so I intend to make up for it by going at least twice in June. Maybe three times.

taterhed and mauitraveler like this.