• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai in Late June/Early July with no Air Conditioning?

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Hi Everyone,

The Wyndham properties on Kauai don't seem to have AC, I haven't looked at RCI trade listings yet, so I don't know if a lack of AC is just a standard on Kauai or not. Would late June-early July be unbearable without AC at night?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It completely depends on the location of the unit - if you are ocean front you will have ocean breezes to keep you cool. If you are in-land, you are likely to be too warm. However, be aware that some resorts (Kauai Beach Villas) do have AC in the master bedroom.

Of course, on an exchange, I wouldn't expect to be ocean front.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have stayed on Kauai every season without AC and we have not had a problem. Our first trip was in late June. Windows and ceiling fans have been fine. Kauai like all the Islands become slightly unbearable if the Trade Winds totally stop.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on your tolerance levels. We had a Kauai Beach Villas end unit at the end of August/first of September. It had a partial ocean view (the back faced the parking lot), so at times we had a breeze for the living room, but mostly it was HOT! The noisy small window A/C worked OK to cool the bedroom, but the windowless bathroom in the back of the unit didn't have a vent and felt like a sauna all week long. The washer and dryer were in the kitchen and vented into the kitchen/living area, adding heat and humidity to an already warm room. DH tolerates my love of tropical climates, but needs a cool sanctuary out of the sun to be happy.

We rented a top floor oceanfront Pono Kai unit in February that worked out well, even without central air. It's not a Wyndham timeshare, just an additional datapoint.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thanks everyone! I think we'll need to look for something with at least a bedroom AC or put Kauai on hold until we can go during a cooler time of year. Being northerners we're big babies about heat (especially me, as I'm getting to that oh-so-special time for middle aged women), but being new englanders we're used to room AC rather than central - so that would be OK if I can find something!

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
We stay at Poipu every year first half of July. We always have central AC, and would not stay anywhere that didn't have it. Kauai in July falls somewhere between miserably hot/humid (trade winds) and intolerably hot/humid (no trade winds). That is the perspective of someone who lives near Los Angeles area, where July is intolerably hot/dry. If you lived in Georgia, I'd imagine Kauai in July would be little change.

Although they don't trade with RCI, I recommend looking at Marriott Waiohai (central air) or Kauai Lagoons (central air)

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
If you lived in Georgia, I'd imagine Kauai in July would be little change.

Although they don't trade with RCI, I recommend looking at Marriott Waiohai (central air) or Kauai Lagoons (central air)

Funny you should mention Georgia - we took a summer trip with our RV last year with stays in Orlando and Savannah - Orlando was fine but Savannah was just awful. So hot that we went and bought a free-standing AC unit to supplement the ducted AC in our RV...as we were returning to the campsite from Lowe's with our new AC unit, we looked across the road at our camping neighbors and they were out there having a campfire! We still laugh about that, but now I know how southerners feel when the temperatures dip low and we're still frolicking around outside in lighter clothes.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

The Wyndham properties on Kauai don't seem to have AC, I haven't looked at RCI trade listings yet, so I don't know if a lack of AC is just a standard on Kauai or not. Would late June-early July be unbearable without AC at night?
We lived on Oahu for 3 years with no AC and we have stayed on Kauai at what's now "The Point" when it was Embassy with no AC except in the BR. It was uncomfortable at times but not dramatically so. I'd agree with the "it depends" philosophy but you might need to requisition a fan in some situations.