• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Keyed Wristbands [2015]

TravlinDuo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Vista (x2)
New villa entry option for owners.... Wristbands with proximity chip that can be coded and used instead of proximity cards ($10 each). We were told they could be used/coded at other MVCI resorts that have proximity systems.

Also learned the GM is leaving and returning stateside.

TravlinDuo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Vista (x2)
Hadn't seen any previous post about the wristbands. We like them and they allow us to see who the Marriott owners are, although non owners could purchase for convenience.

We were told he is going back to states to rejoin his wife & children who didn't relocate to St Thomas.

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Hadn't seen any previous post about the wristbands. We like them and they allow us to see who the owners are.

I agree, they are a very convenient feature...no more "do I have my room key on me" worries when leaving the villa. :D

That said, I am not sure how one's wearing a wristband correlates to ownership. I am not an owner at FC, but we did pop for the wristbands for convenience sake on our recent trip there. Another nice gesture was that a portion of the $10 per wristband proceeds is donated to a boys and girls club charity on the Island. I thought that was a nice touch.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The problem is that each resort HOA is in charge of buying and having installed villa access keys/readers/cards. So it is possible that a system installed at Frenchman's Cove might not physically be able to be programmed by the equipment they use to program the key cards at Ocean Pointe. I like the concept, but we need to make sure the equipment is uniform and the bands can be programmed at any resort that uses RFID. It is possible you could take the band to another resort and they would have no idea what to do with it.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
The problem is that each resort HOA is in charge of buying and having installed villa access keys/readers/cards. So it is possible that a system installed at Frenchman's Cove might not physically be able to be programmed by the equipment they use to program the key cards at Ocean Pointe. I like the concept, but we need to make sure the equipment is uniform and the bands can be programmed at any resort that uses RFID. It is possible you could take the band to another resort and they would have no idea what to do with it.

Good point. One would assume the HOA's making such a proximity keycard system upgrade would be getting some advice from MVC as to systems that talk nice to each other, so there would be uniformity across the MVC collection.

According to THIS post, at least we know they also work at Oceana Palms.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point. One would assume the HOA's making such a proximity keycard system upgrade would be getting some advice from MVC as to systems that talk nice to each other, so there would be uniformity across the MVC collection.

According to THIS post, at least we know they also work at Oceana Palms.
You would assume?
I suspect that would be a highly optimistic assumption as MVC seem to have a lack of uniformity across their operation, be that processes, systems, offerings... especially between US, Europe, Asia.

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure hope Panna isn't leaving. The bracelets are so convenient. We used them at Oceana Palms also. Sure beats keeping up with key card.

Reaction score
Love the Key Bracelets

Sure hope Panna isn't leaving. The bracelets are so convenient. We used them at Oceana Palms also. Sure beats keeping up with key card.
We were also able to use the Key Bracelets at Oceana Palms but not at Lakeshore Reserve or Surfwatch. As Janette mentioned, sure beats tracking the key card.
As for Panna, we sure hope that he is not leaving, he is very personable and he is also very visible and approachable and has made so many great improvements to the Cove.

TravlinDuo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Vista (x2)
MFC GM promoted

Panna has been promoted to manage MVCI's largest property - Grand Vista. New GM has been hired but none of the employees at today's owners meeting knew his name or where he was being transferred from.

Resort continues to upgrade and make improvements. We are happy MFC owners; just wish Marriott would have allocated a higher point value to this location.

Reaction score
We were also told by a long time employee/friend at the Cove that Panna's last day is tomorrow and he will be managing Grande Vista in Orlando just as mentioned. Spoke to Panna yesterday and he had wonderful things to say about the Cove. The new GM will be coming within the next week and hopefully, he or she will continue with the wonderful work that Panna has done.

chuck1955

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long was Panna there? I don't remember seeing him when we were there in November; in fact I thought there was an lady who was an acting GM. Regardless whoever it was, they were not at the owner's social.

I always thought the previous GM was really good - can't remember his name but I think he left 2012-2013 after being there several years.

Chuck

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pieter Knot was the GM when we last stayed at Frenchmans Cove.
He had previously been GM at St Kitts Beach Club where we first met him.
We missed him when he left there as he was both very friendly and effective as GM.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prior to Panna it was Roland Georges and Pieter Knot. Both were excellent IMO as was Panna. Roland and Pieter both left the Marriott system.
You sparked my interest to find out where Pieter Knot moved to.
He is now Resort Manager at Wyndham Ocean Ridge!
And Panna already shows on LinkedIn as GM Grande Vista.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points

So far so good. I just checked in to Ocean Pointe and my MFC wristband proximity "key" works like a charm. So we know the ones at MFC also work at Oceana Palms and Ocean Pointe. So far so good regarding the coordination of the wristbands working at multiple resorts.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
So far so good. I just checked in to Ocean Pointe and my MFC wristband proximity "key" works like a charm. So we know the ones at MFC also work at Oceana Palms and Ocean Pointe. So far so good regarding the coordination of the wristbands working at multiple resorts.

A perfect 4 for 4 now. We checked into Custom House today for the holiday weekend and my good-ole-MFC wristband keys worked like a charm here too. So we know that they work at MFC, Oceana Palms, Ocean Pointe and Custom House. Kudos to MVC for making sure the resorts get proximity key technology that all speak the same language.

It was sort of funny at Custom House as when I asked if they could activate our wristbands for our keys....both front desk ladies were so excited as they had just learned about their ability to do this and nobody had asked to try it yet, so they called the manager and they were all hovering around the key coding machine and as she swiped each one and the green light on the machine went on, it was like they were all watching fireworks....ohhhh...ahhhh. Too funny. They even called the room about 5 minutes after we left the front desk to see if it worked.

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
A perfect 4 for 4 now. We checked into Custom House today for the holiday weekend and my good-ole-MFC wristband keys worked like a charm here too. So we know that they work at MFC, Oceana Palms, Ocean Pointe and Custom House. Kudos to MVC for making sure the resorts get proximity key technology that all speak the same language.

Now we know why they are increasing the maintenance fees to $0.50 per point. :D

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have not seen the bands....but are they waterproof? Snorkel proof? :banana:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
I have not seen the bands....but are they waterproof? Snorkel proof? :banana:

Yes....they are waterproof and snorkel proof.

Here is a pic of what the ones at MFC look like. Each MVC that has them seems to have customized their own, with a different color, logo, etc. Each resort I have seen them available at charges $10 per band, with a portion of that going to a local charity, but the fact that you can use them at other resorts, certainly helps to defray the small upfront costs.

And at MFC at least....they had adult size and child size available.

Attachments

• Key Wristband.JPG
    Key Wristband.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Yes....they are waterproof and snorkel proof.

Here is a pic of what the ones at MFC look like. Each MVC that has them seems to have customized their own, with a different color, logo, etc. Each resort I have seen them available at charges $10 per band, with a portion of that going to a local charity, but the fact that you can use them at other resorts, certainly helps to defray the small upfront costs.

And at MFC at least....they had adult size and child size available.

Thanks, I was there two weeks ago for a few days and did not notice anyone wearing these but I also was not thinking about it or looking for it. They certainly seem unobtrusive and as long as I can take them off at night, it would not bother me to wear one.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
from the marriottvacationclub.com Newsroom today:

Marriott Vacation Club Partners With Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals to Offer the First Wristband Room Key to Support Charity

[Salt Lake City, Utah](Sept. 24, 2015) — Owners and guests of Marriott Vacation Club will no longer need to scramble to find their room key. They now have the option of wearing it around their wrist – while supporting local children’s hospitals – at more than 30 participating resorts.

Marriott Vacation Club, a supporter of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals®, has teamed up with RFID Hotel to create a waterproof, adjustable Miracle Band Key, a wristband that resembles a hospital band. With it, Owners and guests can easily access their rooms and other resort facilities. Marriott Vacation Club is the first hospitality company to use the RFID wristbands to raise funds for a charity.

Owners and guests will receive a Miracle Band Key with a $10 donation (or two Miracle Band Keys with a $15 donation) to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. All donations go to the local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital to help sick and injured kids in that community. ...

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a great initiative.
As you confirm, the release refers to availability "at more than 30 participating resorts."
Unfortunately, it does not seem to specify which ones, which is rather silly.