• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Keyed Wristbands [2015]

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
This is a great initiative.
As you confirm, the release refers to availability "at more than 30 participating resorts."
Unfortunately, it does not seem to specify which ones, which is rather silly.

I'm wondering if the ones who are doing it will notify their owners in some other way. Barony Beach put a thing on their Facebook page; I haven't checked email yet so don't know if any sent notices that way.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I'm wondering if the ones who are doing it will notify their owners in some other way. Barony Beach put a thing on their Facebook page; I haven't checked email yet so don't know if any sent notices that way.

I just received my pre-arrival email from Grande Ocean last night and it was marketed very prominently on the page where you fill out your preferences, and also included a link with a rollout video introduction.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
And I Have just seen this, posted on Facebook, announcing the introduction of the band at one of our resorts Grand Chateau
https://www.facebook.com/MarriottsGrandChateau/posts/1063972566976272:0

Unlike the reusable rubber wristbands, these give the appearance that they are single use bands that you cut off and discard after your stay. That said, I just checked the propaganda on the Grande Ocean pre-arrival page and it does say they can be reprogrammed at over 30 MVC resorts, so perhaps they just look like single use and are actually reusable.

Here is the video link provided in the pre-arrival marketing. https://vimeo.com/123104256

Last edited:

MikeB2620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts Maui Ocean Club Lahaina and Napili Villas
Maui Ocean Club posted today on Facebook that they now offer the wristbands too.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Unlike the reusable rubber wristbands, these give the appearance that they are single use bands that you cut off and discard after your stay. That said, I just checked the propaganda on the Grande Ocean pre-arrival page and it does say they can be reprogrammed at over 30 MVC resorts, so perhaps they just look like single use and are actually reusable.

Here is the video link provided in the pre-arrival marketing. https://vimeo.com/123104256
Looks like they just used hospital bands for the promo. Those don't look like RFID bands.

Reaction score
New Wrist Band Keys

We purchased the MVCI Wristband Keys approx. 2 weeks ago at Oceana Palms, the first day that they became available and yes, they are able to be programmed for most MVCI properties. They are also adjustable to fit all wrist sizes. Prior to this we had the other type of programmable wrist keys that we had purchased at Frenchman's Cove last year. They work great!!

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see they are available at Grande Ocean. I think its kind of weird. I definitely would have put them on my kids when they were little but to me its kind of like lanyards on a cruise ship......I am a grown up; I can keep up with a key card.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
We purchased the MVCI Wristband Keys approx. 2 weeks ago at Oceana Palms, the first day that they became available and yes, they are able to be programmed for most MVCI properties. They are also adjustable to fit all wrist sizes. Prior to this we had the other type of programmable wrist keys that we had purchased at Frenchman's Cove last year. They work great!!

Any chance you could post a photo of the bands? Do they really look like a yellow patient hospital ID in the photo?? I hope they look more like regular bands. Kudos to MVC for raising funds for a worthy charity. Is there a list somewhere of properties that are participating?

Thanks!

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received information on the new wristbands yesterday from MOW, where we'll be the middle of October. This is a great idea and for an excellent cause! Good to know we'll be able to use them on our travels in Jan. and Feb. as well.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is nice to put it on at the beginning of your stay and never worry about forgetting or losing your key. We have used them at FC and Oceana Palms. I'm happy to know the other resorts are coming on board.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
I see they are available at Grande Ocean. I think its kind of weird. I definitely would have put them on my kids when they were little but to me its kind of like lanyards on a cruise ship......I am a grown up; I can keep up with a key card.

I see it as just way more convenient than the key card. Many of the resorts require putting your key on the little black circle to activate the elevators (for safety and security) and the wristband is just always handy, even with your arms full of stuff heading to the pool or back, makes that elevator swipe very easy, same with getting into your room. No need to fumble around in your wallet or bag to find the key....its always right there.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
Thanks for posting! Only 1 Orlando resort - Harbour Lake. Was looking forward to possibly getting one at Lakeshore reserve next month. Oh, well. :(

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We just used them at Aruba Ocean Club. Very convenient.

MikeB2620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts Maui Ocean Club Lahaina and Napili Villas
This is one I got at the Maui Ocean Club. Logo and all. They also have a yellow one with the Children's Miracle Network logo on it. image.jpeg

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
This is one I got at the Maui Ocean Club. Logo and all. They also have a yellow one with the Children's Miracle Network logo on it. View attachment 2309

That's what my MFC one looks like...different color and logo, but the same design. When I checked into Grande Ocean this week, I got my MFC bands juiced up for our door here...worked like a charm.

They had the Yellow CMN hospital bracelet style available....and the GO front desk folks were saying how partnering with CMN on the bands was a great idea, but its not going over too well because the yellow hospital bracelet style bands are just not what folks want on their wrists all week. They felt if they would have just went with the resort customized bands like your MOC and the MFC bands, and donated the proceeds to CMN, it could have been a great promotion, but they indicated the hospital bands are not a hot item.

The guy that checked me in even said they had one guest the prior week return hers after wearing it for a day because it was so ugly. Like he said, it has to look pretty bad for somebody to return it and ask for a refund of their charitable donation. Sounds like perhaps it was a good idea that was not well executed in band design. Too bad really, as the wristband keys is a great idea, as is the partnering with CMN.

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here at MOW and love the new wristbands! $10 each or 2/$15. Thought they would bother me, but don't even notice it. It is tricky getting into the parking garage because you have to have it flat up against the magnet on the gate entrance, while on your wrist. I had to open my car door to reach over and make it work.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
It is tricky getting into the parking garage because you have to have it flat up against the magnet on the gate entrance, while on your wrist. I had to open my car door to reach over and make it work.

Agreed. When I was at Ocean Pointe, who also has the keyed gates, I had them also make me a regular room card that I just kept in the car for use at the gate. Was much easier using that than the wristband for the gate.

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that there was no mention of the key bracelets at checki in . We had to ask for them.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I did not see one person wearing them at NCV last week

Jandk2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista Orlando
Beachplace Towers Ft. Lauderdale
We had to ask for them to at Beachplace in Ft. Lauderdale. My husband and I both got them and my parents opted not to. My husband and I snickered to each other every time one of my parents asked,"Do you have a key? Is that my key?" It was so convenient to just have my key on my wrist!

We both had several workers thank us for our donations to the Miracle Network too.

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We also had to ask at Shadow Ridge. They are very convenient as you need key to get into the pool and its always handy on your wrist.

Here's a picture:
mrdband.jpg