• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Keyed Wristbands [2015]

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
MVC RFID Wrist Bands (Children's Miracle Network Fundraiser)

I found this website while surfing the web. It appears to be the website that sells the MVC resort specific RFID wristbands and has photos of each resort specific band. (MVC has been using this as a fundraise for the CHildren's Miracle Network.)

https://rfidhotel121513.worldsecuresystems.com/mvc-product-catalog/mvc-resort-specific-wristbands

Have most of the MVC Resorts been offering the resort specific wrist bands that are here in the photos? The photo of the hospital band looks very unappealing.
Hoping when we check into Manor Club next week they offer the resort specific one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I have the Frenchman's Cove one pictured at the link you posted, but got it before the CMN fundraiser started. That said, most resorts I have been to since, have had the tacky yellow hospital type band. They could however be switching things up because when I checked into Summit Watch a couple days ago, they had the type of band in your link, but it was black and said CMN rather than the resort logo. Perhaps a happy middle ground.

In any event, I had my MFC band programmed for my room and as always, it works like a champ.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps this is where the GMs go to order the bands for their properties? Minimum order of 100 bands with no pricing.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Perhaps this is where the GMs go to order the bands for their properties? Minimum order of 100 bands with no pricing.

I clicked order for a lot of 100. The price was $320 (rounded up for $319 and change). That would put them at $3.20 each. I'd assume it would cost less if they ordered them in larger quantities.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found this website while surfing the web. It appears to be the website that sells the MVC resort specific RFID wristbands and has photos of each resort specific band. (MVC has been using this as a fundraise for the CHildren's Miracle Network.)

https://rfidhotel121513.worldsecuresystems.com/mvc-product-catalog/mvc-resort-specific-wristbands

Have most of the MVC Resorts been offering the resort specific wrist bands that are here in the photos? The photo of the hospital band looks very unappealing.
Hoping when we check into Manor Club next week they offer the resort specific one.

I took a look at the site. I immediately saw a band for Club Son Antem. Well we are at Son Antem now and they do not use wrist bands. Standard RFID key cards are used. I would think that the key cards are much less expensive and also more likely to be returned at checkout.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I took a look at the site. I immediately saw a band for Club Son Antem. Well we are at Son Antem now and they do not use wrist bands. Standard RFID key cards are used. I would think that the key cards are much less expensive and also more likely to be returned at checkout.

The properties charge $10 per band, which goes to charity. They don't expect them to be returned at checkout.

Tommyhob

TUG Member
Reaction score
would be great to be able to buy one of those for $3 or $5, whatever it is. We have used the CMN hospital bands. They are super handy and we think it's a great idea, just don't like the hospital look. Would much rather have something with a resort logo on it, even if it costs a few extra dollars.

We recently stayed at Oceana Palms and Ocean Pointe. The desk at each property said that they only had the yellow CMN hospital type ones, and that they no longer had their logo ones available.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some of the resort bands look nice! I would not mind the one with the Marriott Vacation Club Logo (perhaps another color other than white) since they can be reprogramed for other MVC resorts. I can see them being useful, especially with middle/high school age kids. Even the band with The Children's Miracle Network would be ok.

Haven't seen the yellow hospital band in person, but I doubt I would buy it, fundraiser or not (I work in healthcare).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Some of the resort bands look nice! I would not mind the one with the Marriott Vacation Club Logo (perhaps another color other than white) since they can be reprogramed for other MVC resorts. I can see them being useful, especially with middle/high school age kids. Even the band with The Children's Miracle Network would be ok.

Haven't seen the yellow hospital band in person, but I doubt I would buy it, fundraiser or not (I work in healthcare).

I don't see a band with just the MVC logo on it. All of them seem to be resort specific.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the left side click the "MVC brand standard."

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
On the left side click the "MVC brand standard."

Thanks, I missed that. I see those can be ordered in quantities as small as 10. Not sure if they sell to consumers, perhaps we could put an order together for Tuggers. Not to circumvent the charity, but we could order a different color than white, then we would know who other Tuggers are around the pool?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I missed that. I see those can be ordered in quantities as small as 10. Not sure if they sell to consumers, perhaps we could put an order together for Tuggers. Not to circumvent the charity, but we could order a different color than white, then we would know who other Tuggers are around the pool?
I am not a huge fan of wrist bands.
However, the idea of a Tugger identifiable wrist band which operates across multiple resorts would get my support.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

LOVE IT! I'm in! Sign me up for 4 :rofl: Maybe we can have TUG inscribed on the back.

Tommyhob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Love that idea!

lisa3635

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sign us up for 5 if it comes together! :)

MPERL

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG wristbands

I would take 5 also.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wristband room keys

Anyone else seen the wristband room keys that we bought and used at the Harbour Pointe last month. They are waterproof and supposedly can be programmed for us any any Marriott resorts. We thought these were super convenient and at $25 for 3 with proceeds going to charity I hope they become commonplace and can be programmed for any Marriott resort.

Last edited by a moderator:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I believe several resorts are now making these available. Until a thread on TUG recently, I never realized they were re-programmable and had thrown them out after our stay. From now on I'll be keeping them instead. I found them particularly valuable when staying at Ocean Pointe and Oceana Palm as I could wear my room key rather than trying to keep track of a traditional room key, which would inevitably be lost at some point during the week.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Yes, we bought them at Marriott Harbour Club in Sea Pines during our visit 2 weeks ago and LOVED these! They also had them at Barony where friends were staying.
Yes, that's our understanding that they can be programmed for any Marriott with this technology (MVC and hotels) on future stays. We just have to put them someplace safe and Remember to bring them with us. What a great and simple improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calcio

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got them at Monarch and liked that they put the Monarch's butterfly logo on them.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I love when a new thread gets merged with an older one. Its like the Twilight Zone. :clap:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I love when a new thread gets merged with an older one. Its like the Twilight Zone. :clap:

The real Twilight Zone is when you read a new thread and KNOW ABSOLUTELY that you've read about it before but can't find the old thread. ;)

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Yes, we bought them at Marriott Harbour Club in Sea Pines during our visit 2 weeks ago and LOVED these! They also had them at Barony where friends were staying.
Yes, that's our understanding that they can be programmed for any Marriott with this technology (MVC and hotels) on future stays. We just have to put them someplace safe and Remember to bring them with us. What a great and simple improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at Barony two weeks ago, purchased a navy blue one, and was told they could only be re-programmed to work at the timeshares not hotels!

Jim

rpw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
that's a downside....

We are here at MOW and love the new wristbands! $10 each or 2/$15. Thought they would bother me, but don't even notice it. It is tricky getting into the parking garage because you have to have it flat up against the magnet on the gate entrance, while on your wrist. I had to open my car door to reach over and make it work.

I would normally keep something like that on my right wrist... Probably couldn't make it to the parking garage keypad like that... then if I kept it on my left wrist it would be incredibly inconvenient for every other door...

I guess I could buy two and look like a terrible Wonder Woman impersonator!

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Does anyone know if these bands are offered at the Grand Chateau? I apologize if this was already answered and I missed it.