• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kingdom of the Sun

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I spoke to customer service today and had yet another surprise. I have a one week/year 10 year agreement and a two week/year 100 year agreement and they have different specifications.

After the sales presentation where I upgraded I thought I had purchased the right to use a 2-bedroom loft park terrace in the Kingdom of the Sun II building. But I now realize that I am only permitted to use this unit for the first ten years (subject to availability) then I essentially lose it. And since this unit won't be available for at least two more years, the best case scenario is I get to use the place I thought I bought into, for 8 years.

The second agreement is renewable every ten years for up to 100 years and does not use the term residence week nor registered week. This agreement uses only the term "Grand Sister Resort Weeks". This agreement does not permit me to use the 2-bedroom loft park terrace or any other room within Celebrate Park. [Which is not as bad as it sounds since I can reserve a Grand Luxxe 2-bedroom Spa or a Grand Luxxe Master Suite which are roughly equivalent.]

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
That is the interpretation Member Services for Vidanta has of the contracts for the Parks units. It’s a bit different from what sales says about them. This is an area that has to be negotiated to resolve it when someone buys there.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We have the 2 Bedroom Master Suite - 2 Registered weeks, + 4 Residence weeks for the first 10 years. At the end of the 10 years, we will have the 4 Residence weeks, but 2 of them are covered by our Senior Certificate and 2 are then the regular old "Vacation Fair" weeks - which are now called Residence weeks. But unlike our VF weeks, we can book any of these 12 months out for GL even in years 10+, but the 6 & 8 months apply for the Sister resorts. We do get more weeks to use for the lower levels.

We are retired - living in AZ - so the Jan to April is not a big deal for us, therefore, the 6 - 8 months reservation period in the non super prime season makes it viable for good vacations at any of the MP PV, GM, or GB wherever if/when we want to take more weeks of vacation. Our family loves to go to PV for Thanksgiving, so we currently tend to tack on extra weeks for just us since we will already be there. The weeks before or after Thanksgiving are not super prime, so one week will give us 2 GB or GM weeks.

We do want to go back to Acapulco at least one more time. That was where we originally bought and just love the beach there. We will be able to get 2 weeks there for one of our GL weeks in the MP Tower or GM. We are just waiting to see what they are building where the 1-bedroom buildings used to be.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

We do want to go back to Acapulco at least one more time. That was where we originally bought and just love the beach there. We will be able to get 2 weeks there for one of our GL weeks in the MP Tower or GM. We are just waiting to see what they are building where the 1-bedroom buildings used to be.

FYI, the exchange sheet for Third Home for Vidanta lists "Junior Suite DeLuxxe," "Suite DeLuxxe," and "Grand Luxxe Residence 2 BR" as product types in Acapulco. The GL 2 BR is listed twice with different values that leads me to believe one might be a loft unit, but there's not much to go on for that.

R/E

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
We have a GL 2 BR similar to what is shown in their current floor plans. When we arrived at RM last week the unit to which we were assigned actually had a different layout. The main room was just as shown but the 2nd bedroom had a different layout. It had a "living room" as pictured in the Villa floor plans and two small, balconies rather than just one. This was on the 2nd floor of Building 2.

Was this an older style of a 2 BR unit or some hybrid? We liked the living area in the lock off part and would like to request a unit like this on our next visit. Does this floorplan go by some different name? No one that we spoke with at the resort could really offer answer.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you were in one of the units at the ends/corners, you were in a villa.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
If you were in one of the units at the ends/corners, you were in a villa.

It wasn't an end/corner unit. We had a second unit on the first floor which was a corner/villa. The one we had on the 2nd floor was a lot narrower. About 6 ft. The dining table went across the room, parallel to the bar. The villa unit was much wider and the dining table was along the wall. The furnishings were different, I would say not as upscale as the villa.