• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ko Olina advice

Scrapper49

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am heading to Ko Olina next friday with my husband and 4 family members (2 kids). I traded trough Interval and have been assigned a two bedroom vila. Reservation says HZAA. I received a nice note from Ko Olina stating that Interval can only assign room size and no ocean views or upgrades are available. My unit will be in the Hale Moana or Hale Kona building. I believe there is construction in the Hale Kona building. We will be planning on eating in/griling most nights, if that makes a difference. With that being said can anyone confim if I should bother making a request for a certain building or floor level (is high better?). I thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I am heading to Ko Olina next friday with my husband and 4 family members (2 kids). I traded trough Interval and have been assigned a two bedroom vila. Reservation says HZAA. I received a nice note from Ko Olina stating that Interval can only assign room size and no ocean views or upgrades are available. My unit will be in the Hale Moana or Hale Kona building. I believe there is construction in the Hale Kona building. We will be planning on eating in/griling most nights, if that makes a difference. With that being said can anyone confim if I should bother making a request for a certain building or floor level (is high better?). I thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

You can ask for high floor. You will get a rom that is coded ocean view. I would expect a room no higher than the 5th floor. Because Kona is under renovation, 2 floors are out of service right now floor 8 and 9. The sales office is on floors 12 and 14. That leaves 6 floors of rooms available to assign in kona. So moana is the most likely bet but you might get kona.

Grilling would have more grills near moana building. But the grills near kona would be about the same distance from the entrance/exit of moana to the grills. If you get assigned kona and ther 4 grills are being used, you would have to walk all the way to the moana grills.

Just FYI that next week starts fall break for a lot of schools here on Oahu so it will be busy. If you want to talk with a fellow tugger I am in 11012 till the 18th. Enjoy your stay!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Scrapper49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Maybe I will see you there. (might need to escape lol). I did not know about the fall break but I have heard that traffic can actually be better when the kids are out of school. Hope that is true - but it IS Oahu.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will assign the exact option that was given to II with no option to change is for Ko Olina. They are beyond hard line currently on this issue.

Scrapper49

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you are saying "it is what it is" - no need to call? I was thinking of just taking my chances anyway. Just a gut feeling that everything will work out ok. Feeling grateful.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Have a great time at Ko Olina. It is a beautiful resort and one of our favorites. Frank808 is a very nice guy and is very knowledgeable about Marriott, HGVC and Oahu, so if you have a chance to meet him during your stay I would recommend it. We always meet up when we are there at the same time.

Best regards.

Mike

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So you are saying "it is what it is" - no need to call? I was thinking of just taking my chances anyway. Just a gut feeling that everything will work out ok. Feeling grateful.
HZAA is an OV lockoff I believe so you should get an OV but likely lower floor.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
FWIW: The units that are on the 'edge' of the OV tend to be a bit quieter....it can get a bit noisy directly over the pools!

You'll have a great time. Enjoy the happy hours too!

Scrapper49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh My Gosh - what a vacation! We were given an ocean view on th 4th floor of Moana. Couldn't have asked for anything better. We had a blast on Oahu. So educational too. I made a spreadsheet itinerary that worked like a charm. We ventured out each day and also enjoyed the resort activities. This vacation is going to be hard to beat.
image.png

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
It looks like Heaven! Much more peaceful than Aulani.

Scrapper49

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like Heaven! Much more peaceful than Aulani.
I couldn't even get the boys to walk over to Aulani. We did get to observe the Disney Fireworks though, which were spectacular. Apparently it was Mickey and Minnie's anniversary. lol