• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ladies - have you tried StitchFix.com? (fashion question)

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use it and love it, but only quarterly at most as I usually prefer buying things on sale! Like some have said, it's a mixed bag. Sometimes the "Fixes" are 100% amazing where I kept all 5 items, sometimes 100% terrible (on me, but look good off of me), and sometimes I'll keep 1-2 items. I do love that it's stuff I wouldn't usually even pull off the rack to try on, so it adds flavor to keep my wardrobe from being monotonous. Some even became staples, like a blouse I wear constantly and a necklace that seems to go with everything and a dress that's just perfect for summer parties and casual weddings.

This has been my exact experience. I hated my last 2 fixes. They were SO off from my requests -- not just that I didn't like them, but my request of "no jeans" and "no clothes with zippers" was met with a pair of jeans with zipper pockets! I complained and StitchFix refunded my styling fee and gave me a credit for the styling fee for a future Fix.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used it a few times last year. I got a few cute pieces but some of the stuff is priced on the higher side in my opinion. I like deals and their stuff isn't. That being said it's great if you don't have time to shop and need something for a specific occasion or purpose. It is kinda fun.. but be prepared to spend more like $50-$70 a piece.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Received my first "fix" today. I don't know what the stylist was thinking (but then that is part of the idea, right?) - a distressed denim jacket, a pair of "aged" and tattered jeans, a gray and white horizontal striped knit shirt, a burgundy a-line t-shirt with a contrasting gore in the back (just weird) and a beautiful black lace shirt.

Love the black lace shirt. I have nothing like this in my wardrobe and it is the kind of thing that I was hoping for ---- something that I really like but would have never considered.

I am going to try everything on to see what I think.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I got my first fix about a week ago, and I liked everything, but all of the tops were too large, so I changed my size to a size smaller. I got a pair of jeans that I really like, 3 coordinating tops, and a light jacket. Which was exactly what I asked for.

Black silky T with neck pleats and tulip sleeves.
2 tunic tops in patterns with v-neck.
Jeans
solid jacket with asymmetrical front closure

Price ranged from $38 to $88 for the jeans and jacket.

I sent all the (too large) tops back and kept the jeans. Next time I will take pictures. When the last order arrived we were literally leaving on vacation and I had to drop off the returns on our way out of town so I didn't have time to take pictures this time.

For October, I requested a pair of black pants or jeans, 3 coordinating tops, and a coordinating light-weight jacket or sweater.

glypnirsgirl - in your "note to your personal stylist," and the "final thoughts" sections you can specify "no distressed clothing." I read a lot of reviews online, and the advice is to be pretty specific if there are things you don't want. I also specified that I wanted coordinating pieces, and that I wanted "resort casual," not very casual or office casual.

ALSO - The $5 discount from AMEX that I posted above was deducted from my first order.

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally went to the site. It looks like you see the brands of clothing, so maybe if you don't continue the service, at least you know which section of the store to head to now.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I got my first fix about a week ago, and I liked everything, but all of the tops were too large, so I changed my size to a size smaller. I got a pair of jeans that I really like, 3 coordinating tops, and a light jacket. Which was exactly what I asked for.

Black silky T with neck pleats and tulip sleeves.
2 tunic tops in patterns with v-neck.
Jeans
solid jacket with asymmetrical front closure

Price ranged from $38 to $88 for the jeans and jacket.

I sent all the (too large) tops back and kept the jeans. Next time I will take pictures. When the last order arrived we were literally leaving on vacation and I had to drop off the returns on our way out of town so I didn't have time to take pictures this time.

For October, I requested a pair of black pants or jeans, 3 coordinating tops, and a coordinating light-weight jacket or sweater.

glypnirsgirl - in your "note to your personal stylist," and the "final thoughts" sections you can specify "no distressed clothing." I read a lot of reviews online, and the advice is to be pretty specific if there are things you don't want. I also specified that I wanted coordinating pieces, and that I wanted "resort casual," not very casual or office casual.

ALSO - The $5 discount from AMEX that I posted above was deducted from my first order.
Seems so far like a success. If I just kept one item each time I would continue. Look forward to your October shopping experience and pictures. If just as good probably will try too.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I finally went to the site. It looks like you see the brands of clothing, so maybe if you don't continue the service, at least you know which section of the store to head to now.

I don't like to shop, so for me, having a personal shopper is the whole point of using Stitchfix. If I end up cancelling, that won't make me want to go shopping any more than I do now.

If someone likes to shop, and they are looking for the best prices, this service is probably not for them.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seems so far like a success. If I just kept one item each time I would continue.

If you keep everything in the order, you get a 25% discount, so it's nice if you can fine tune your preferences and get items you like and that fit.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today I got my 2nd StitchFix order and as promised, I'm posting pictures this time. I'm keeping everything, but exchanging some items for smaller sizes, because I am finding that their tops run large. I know this is characteristic of better quality clothes, and I'm still figuring out my size with them.

BTW - I am no fashion photographer, and the pictures don't do the items justice, but I thought you'd like to see what I got.

I asked for black pants, 3 coordinating tops, and a inside sweater or jacket, and got exactly what I ordered. The total after the discount is $205. (If you keep everything you get a 25% discount - even if you exchange for size.)

Pretty fabrics with quality details, the sheer tops are lined, and fashion forward with the sleeve details which are "in" this season:

IMG_2738.JPG

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.26.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.25.18 PM.png

View attachment 4932
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.26.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.26.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.26.56 PM.png
    378.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.26.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.26.46 PM.png
    167 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Looks like a nice selection. All the tops look great - especially the paisley one! I may get brave enough to try this. I do have a harder time with pants as I want them to actually touch my waist.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Phyllis - you can request exactly what you want in detail. Both pairs of pants that I have received are cut to reach the natural waist - in fact, that is coming back in style. I like the paisley top too, but it's the one that is too big - exchanging it for a smaller size.

The top next to the paisley didn't photograph well, but it's really cute on. It's a hooded sweater tunic, with pretty heather yarn, and I put a black turtle neck under it.

If you don't like any or all of the pieces you receive, you just put them in the prepaid mailing bag and drop them off at the post office to send them back.

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They look very classy.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those 5 pieces you received, Denise, are actually quite nice. And $205 for all of them is a great deal, even with a discount.
How is the quality--stitching, hems, seams, fabric quality, etc?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The quality is really nice - I'm impressed.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the idea of StitchFix.

I had never heard of it, but it reminds me of a something similar I've been using for the past couple of years. It's sort of like having your own personal stylist. It's a website called missussmartypants.com

What I love about it is that you are analysed for your body type and skin/hair color and then recommended clothes based on your body type. You start by sending in a photo of yourself so that you can get clothing recommendations that will look the best for your body type. She claims that most women underestimate the importance of fit, proportion and wearing the right colors, and that by changing that, you'll already look better. Part of her site is devoted to educating women on getting the right proportion for them as well as finishing an outfit with accessories. Her philosophy is that you probably even have enough clothes, you're just not putting them together properly.

The stylist is a women in her 50s so that she is not throwing you into the ripped jeans craze, but she does encourage you to keep up with trends, only very subtly.

I found this service invaluable because when I moved from the east coast to the west coast, I couldn't get the whole idea of business casual down. As a women in my 50s, I'm not going to wear jeans and a T-shirt to work just because all my twenty something coworkers in Silicon Valley are doing it.

Every week you are sent a newsletter that recommends current clothes for you and they are often available from online shopping sites, so that even if you aren't a shopper, you can still order online. Without even subscribing to the service, you can check out some of her advice here
http://www.missussmartypants.com/index.php?route=blog/blog

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not read this thread until now.

A couple of decades ago when I had to dress up for work (and also making beaucoup bucks), I used to have a personal shopper at a high end retail store and I would visit every couple of months. They were mostly very high end suits, blouses that went with the suits, and dresses. It was a lot of fun and she would pick pieces I never dreamt that I would even like but most of her choices were spot on. With her, my wardrobe became more colorful and styles more varied than when I shopped on my own. I stopped using her services and that store after I was relocated by the company that I was working for. That retail store closed more than a decade ago. I have not had the need to be dressed up for the last 2 decades but I do have found memories.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Today I got my 2nd StitchFix order and as promised, I'm posting pictures this time. I'm keeping everything, but exchanging some items for smaller sizes, because I am finding that their tops run large. I know this is characteristic of better quality clothes, and I'm still figuring out my size with them.

BTW - I am no fashion photographer, and the pictures don't do the items justice, but I thought you'd like to see what I got.

I asked for black pants, 3 coordinating tops, and a inside sweater or jacket, and got exactly what I ordered. The total after the discount is $205. (If you keep everything you get a 25% discount - even if you exchange for size.)

Pretty fabrics with quality details, the sheer tops are lined, and fashion forward with the sleeve details which are "in" this season:

View attachment 4931
View attachment 4927
View attachment 4928
View attachment 4932
Now in addition to being a great moderater your a fashionable classy dressed moderator. Those pieces are fabulous. Thanks for posting pictures.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 4931
View attachment 4927
View attachment 4928
View attachment 4932
View attachment 4926

Thanks, DeniseM, for starting this thread and providing pictures of your most recent order. I'm intrigued.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Saw an add on TV just now, while still sitting in last night's pjs, so thought I'd look up this unread thread. Looks interesting. I've never been much of a shopper, and since I do in-home sales I can wear the same outfit all week even though I really do have enough of a wardrobe to change it up!

laura123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gosh I wish I was like you guys. My closet looks like a store. I loveeeeeeeeeeee shopping the hunt for that great $80 top on sale for $10. I need to go through and go to Goodwill. I really need help but not the retail kind!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Just noticed that Stitch Fix is going public. Symbol will be SFIX and offering is expected on November 16. Here's an intriguing article from Seeking Alpha regarding the company. Very impressive.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stitchfix was not as good in November. I had asked for a pair of pants in a jewel tone, and coordinating tops and sweaters for casual festive holiday wear.

I got a pair of deep burgundy Liverpool dressy jeans - which I like and kept - but I sent back all the other items:

3 of the items they sent were gray - not my idea of festive holiday wear.

They sent 2, calf length cardigan sweaters - one in a really bright multi-colored print and one with a huge drapy shawl collar - in a gray print. I'm 5'2" so the bright multi-colors and big shawl collar were overwhelming for my height.

They also sent a rather bland and expensive "cold shoulder" peasant blouse - in solid gray. Sent back.

They also sent an off the shoulder sweater - in solid gray. Sent back.

For December, I'm asking for some festive holiday tops to go with the burgundy pants, and I was more specific about colors and design.

*Cold shoulder is the new cutout look that bares your shoulders.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The cold shoulder trend must have been dreamt up by someone going, "How much do you think we can make women pay for something that is both not functional, and makes them look ridiculous all at the same time?" Men *never* have these kinds of "trends" thrust upon them. Grrr.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it's fine for cute, young, slim, tan girls, but it's not for me. Besides - I am COLD in the winter! The last thing I want is bare shoulders!