• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Laguna Shores

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been given a timeshare at Laguna Shores in Laguna Beach, CA. We love LB and would be happy to use it yearly especially not during the summer when it is so crazy crowded. It is just the two of us so we don't care that it is a Studio. We live approximately 30 minutes away and this is the beach we go to regularly but usually just come home. the hotels are crazy expensive. It is a winter unit (Oct-Mar) and the reservation in 2019 is for Dec 21-28. We are excited about it. It is a Commodore Unit which is a studio and sleeps 4. Does anyone own there that can tell me their thoughts, experiences or any information? I think there are ocean view units. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky you! It is such a delightful place.

I don't own there but have stayed there in the past in Captain and Commodore studio units. As you are aware, the units there are not at all standardized. Some have balconies, some have patios, some have neither. Some second level units have spectacular ocean views, and some first floor units have none at all.

Attached is a resort map. Perhaps your unit is deeded to a certain room, as it seems probable in such a small facility. Check your deed carefully for that info. How did you come upon such a great deal?

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 4.36.46 PM.png

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky you! It is such a delightful place.

I don't own there but have stayed there in the past in Captain and Commodore studio units. As you are aware, the units there are not at all standardized. Some have balconies, some have patios, some have neither. Some second level units have spectacular ocean views, and some first floor units have none at all.

Attached is a resort map. Perhaps your unit is deeded to a certain room, as it seems probable in such a small facility. Check your deed carefully for that info. How did you come upon such a great deal?

View attachment 11027

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone on a local FB group was asking how to sell a timeshare. Lots of people gave her advice and even referred her here. I sent her a PM asking about the specifics. I never even realized they had timeshares in Laguna Beach. It turns out, she doesn't own it but it is owned by an attorney she works for and he won it in a lawsuit. He has owned it for 5 years and never used it, but paid the maintenance. She herself used it and really enjoyed it. I said why don't you take it. She said her husband enjoyed it when it was free but he didn't want to pay the maintenance. I said I would be happy to take it over. I thought they would ask me for some payment but they never did. He paid for the transfer fee and everything and all the maintenance fees are paid for this year. There is already a reservation for Christmas week. All the paperwork is done it just needs to be recorded. It is really nice because my mother died in Nov and so we went to Hawaii last Christmas just to get away. We didn't know what we'd do this year, but it is so wonderful to have plans to go to the beach already.

taffy19

Reaction score
This timeshare is very well run by an independent management company and we stayed once here.

Our timeshare resort uses the same maintenance company too but the name escapes me at the moment.

The attorney’s office should have the name and his office or the maintenance company will be able to give you the details of your deed and how to make reservations for the following years.

I remember the front office being very accommodating too.

You are practically next door to Las Brisas where locals as well as tourists love to hang out plus you have Heisler Park right in front of you with magnificent ocean views.

You are lucky and enjoy. Laguna Beach is one of our favorite places too.

taffy19

Reaction score
Someone on a local FB group was asking how to sell a timeshare. Lots of people gave her advice and even referred her here. I sent her a PM asking about the specifics. I never even realized they had timeshares in Laguna Beach. It turns out, she doesn't own it but it is owned by an attorney she works for and he won it in a lawsuit. He has owned it for 5 years and never used it, but paid the maintenance. She herself used it and really enjoyed it. I said why don't you take it. She said her husband enjoyed it when it was free but he didn't want to pay the maintenance. I said I would be happy to take it over. I thought they would ask me for some payment but they never did. He paid for the transfer fee and everything and all the maintenance fees are paid for this year. There is already a reservation for Christmas week. All the paperwork is done it just needs to be recorded. It is really nice because my mother died in Nov and so we went to Hawaii last Christmas just to get away. We didn't know what we'd do this year, but it is so wonderful to have plans to go to the beach already.
Tricom Management is the name of the company and you’ll find the website of Laguna Shores under the resorts they manage.

www.thegoodlifelaguna.com/

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so very much. Are you an owner? Which commodore unit do you like the best? Is there one with an ocean view and balcony? I so appreciate your help.

taffy19

Reaction score
Thank you so very much. Are you an owner? Which commodore unit do you like the best? Is there one with an ocean view and balcony? I so appreciate your help.
No, we are not owners there.

I believe that the unit we stayed in is the unit that you bought.

We had a corner unit and could see the ocean. There was a patio in front. The condo on the second floor should have a better view yet.

I posted an album on TUG and our condo number was #212. It has been completely remodeled since we were there as you can see on their website.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-HT5bt/

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, we are not owners there.

I believe that the unit we stayed in is the unit that you bought.

We had a corner unit and could see the ocean. There was a patio in front. The condo on the second floor should have a better view yet.

I posted an album on TUG and our condo number was #212. It has been completely remodeled since we were there as you can see on their website.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-HT5bt/
Thank you so much for the info.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Thank you so much for the info.

We were just there for a week, just left this moring. We've also been there before and had a Captain unit then, but a Commodore one this time. Much bigger - / What number is your unit?

We exchanged in with Platinum Interchange (affiliated with Tricom). We usually use them for trading now, love that they are so personal and they have the resorts we want to go to. We also were at Laguna Surf, just down the street in a one bedroom, the sister resort the week before this one. So we had two weeks in Laguna Beach. You can see photos of both units on my BLOG.

Sunday we go to Palm Springs for 3 weeks - 2 weeks for a DAE exchange and then another week with Platinum Interchange.

taffy19

Reaction score
We were just there for a week, just left this moring. We've also been there before and had a Captain unit then, but a Commodore one this time. Much bigger - / What number is your unit?

We exchanged in with Platinum Interchange (affiliated with Tricom). We usually use them for trading now, love that they are so personal and they have the resorts we want to go to. We also were at Laguna Surf, just down the street in a one bedroom, the sister resort the week before this one. So we had two weeks in Laguna Beach. You can see photos of both units on my BLOG.

Sunday we go to Palm Springs for 3 weeks - 2 weeks for a DAE exchange and then another week with Platinum Interchange.
Joan, were you lucky enough to get an oceanfront unit at Laguna Surf?

I doubt it :bawl: because it is so difficult to score one even for the timeshare owners too.

Most owners stay there if they succeed getting an oceanfront condo because it is so nice to see the beach and hear the waves just like in Hawaii or in Mexico where you also like to visit.

Were you in PV this winter? We only met Karen and none of the other TUG regulars.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Joan, were you lucky enough to get an oceanfront unit at Laguna Surf?

I doubt it :bawl: because it is so difficult to score one even for the timeshare owners too.

Most owners stay there if they succeed getting an oceanfront condo because it is so nice to see the beach and hear the waves just like in Hawaii or in Mexico where you also like to visit.

Were you in PV this winter? We only met Karen and none of the other TUG regulars.

No we did not have a oceanfront at Laguna Surf - it's still okay - still a beautiful unit, balcony, and still can go over to the oceanfront seating area.

We did have a gorgeous full ocean view at Laguna Shores.

NO, we were not at PV this year. In a coupe of years ..we'll go back,but now very busy with Seattle family - plus the 6- months/year traveling in timeshares in the USA>

taffy19

Reaction score
No we did not have a oceanfront at Laguna Surf - it's still okay - still a beautiful unit, balcony, and still can go over to the oceanfront seating area.

We did have a gorgeous full ocean view at Laguna Shores.

NO, we were not at PV this year. In a coupe of years ..we'll go back,but now very busy with Seattle family - plus the 6- months/year traveling in timeshares in the USA>
Happy to read that you are still traveling a lot and busy with the family too in Seattle.

I hope that you both feel well and can continue traveling to your favorite places many more years. It won’t be our case much longer, I am afraid, but Laguna Beach is very close.

I read your blog after I had posted and saw your pictures of the view you had at the Laguna Shores. You were lucky there. :thumbup:

Laguna Beach is so picturesque and no wonder that so many artists live here and have art galleries too and are able to make a living while doing what they love!