• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lake Marian

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
E8EC389A-C1C2-4E28-98F8-E975884F938D.jpeg
the lake Marian resort in Santee SC is one that I don’t hear much about. The place was built as a condo community. Although there are a number of 100% owned units here, most are timeshares.

Every unit has a big balcony overlooking the lake

I was surprised that there isn’t more availability here, but apparently the place is a favorite among fishermen. The manager told me that lots of owners come with their boats or rent a boat. and spend their whole vacation fishing.

The picture was taken from my deck this morning

I’m treating the place like a motel on my drive to Washington DC. But I’ll be back with my boat one of these days

I’ll be sleeping at National Harbor tonight

Last edited:

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there a couple of years back - snagged a super cheap exchange week through RCI and thought it might be a nice way to break up the long drive from FL to PA. The unit was gorgeous. The lake beautiful. There really isn't anything to do in the immediate area (if you don't fish). Daytrips to Charleston or Hilton Head are possible, but we just go to those places if we want to spend time there. We don't fish so after a couple of days we were bored silly and checked out early. We attended a morning breakfast and the manager said that they had one of if not THE largest number of short stays in the whole Wyndham system since many owners check in for a night or two when traveling from north to south or vice versa. We might stay there again if we decided to drive from PA to FL again but we wouldn't expect to stay more than one or two nights and wouldn't make a special trip there.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We've stopped there I don't know how many times to/from Florida. As noted, availability is difficult. In addition, there is a two night minimum although we normally stay only one night.

Our alternative is Amtrak's AutoTrain, the northern terminal of which is in Lorton, VA, about 8 miles from the house. Costs a lot more but I've come to hate I-95. Plus, if you nod off on the AutoTrain, you don't end up in a field.

And it's Marion, not Marian.