• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is scheduled construction during 2018 at this property? I went to the website and couldn't see anything.

Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There are no plans to finish buildout of the property. They may have some remodel plans as I am not sure of when the last refurb they did. Though they probably will be coming up on a pool resurfacing as those tend to happen about every ten years and the property will be coming up on that ten year mark in the next few years.

mj2vacation

Reaction score
At the GM meeting this week, the pool refurb was mentioned. I don’t remember if it was early 2018 or 2019. It will be a few weeks.

All other work is relatively minor.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The problem with Lakeshore is that there is currently only one pool, so when that resurfacing happens, it will probably mean there will be a lot of open inventory both in DC and in II for weeks there. Just hope everyone will be aware that the pool will be closed. Though the good thing is that people can still use the pools at the JW and Ritz.

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with Lakeshore is that there is currently only one pool, so when that resurfacing happens, it will probably mean there will be a lot of open inventory both in DC and in II for weeks there. Just hope everyone will be aware that the pool will be closed. Though the good thing is that people can still use the pools at the JW and Ritz.

Thanks for the color. There is no pop up on the Marriott site notifying of maintenance like there normally is. For example, Surf Club shows some maintenance in June through November.

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with Lakeshore is there are no problems with Lakeshore

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pool surface really looks like it is still in good shape I do not foresee them resurfacing the pool any time soon.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The pool surface really looks like it is still in good shape I do not foresee them resurfacing the pool any time soon.
That may be true, but the standard pool finish usually only has a lifespan of eight to twelve years and we know that Marriott likes to keep a schedule on these rather than waiting until they are past their prime. While it may also look okay from a distance, it may be close up where one can really tell that resurfacing is necessary. Given their track record for refurbishments, I would expect them to keep it on schedule. After all, it allows them to use their preferred providers and continue to collect more reserves which helps their bottom line management fee.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
They really need to finish building it but it doesn't seem like it will ever happen. They paid for the full design with 340 units and there are only 95.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I take my statement back that the pool surface is in good shape. I am here and looked closely on a cloudy day and it is actually in bad shape, especially for Marriott standards.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
It will be a problem when they refurb the pool :)

Hopefully they'll do it during the winter months, and it won't be a bother to anyone.
Lakeshore Reserve is firmly entrenched as a "Top-5" resort in the Marriott system, imho.
It's a great one.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
They really need to finish building it but it doesn't seem like it will ever happen. They paid for the full design with 340 units and there are only 95.
That is what makes it so nice they have the main pool that is never crowded because it was built for a full resort. They have no plans to resume building there based on the managers update that I went to in November 2017. If they did they would add a small satellite pool and the main pool than would likely be over crowded. So let's keep it a small resort....

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is what makes it so nice they have the main pool that is never crowded because it was built for a full resort. They have no plans to resume building there based on the managers update that I went to in November 2017. If they did they would add a small satellite pool and the main pool than would likely be over crowded. So let's keep it a small resort....

My issue is can they keep the developer subsidy forever if they never finish the build?

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
My issue is can they keep the developer subsidy forever if they never finish the build?

I was told at the manager's meeting that they are phasing out the developer subsidy already, this was stated by the "Finance Rep" after the meeting. As they are not selling the resort in weeks anymore I do not believe they are motivated to subsidize maintenance fees.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own two weeks at Lakeshore. Even though I love the property, the maintenance fees are ridiculous. There are too few owners paying to run the resort. My maintenance fees for 2018 were $1907 per week. That’s nuts! Now I hear there’s a subsidity that will go away. What will my MFs be going forward, $2500 per week?

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Wow that does seem really high. How does it compare to the other Orlando Marriott timeshares?

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked up a few to compare my Lakeshore Two bedroom deluxe Platinum with Maintenance Fees of $1907.

Harbour Lake $1354
Cypress Harbor $1258
Grand Vista (w FL club) $1329

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told at the manager's meeting that they are phasing out the developer subsidy already, this was stated by the "Finance Rep" after the meeting. As they are not selling the resort in weeks anymore I do not believe they are motivated to subsidize maintenance fees.

They have not sold weeks in over 7 years. I believe the subsidy was tied to the incomplete build out rather than the discontinuation of selling weeks. Has the subsidy % actually gone down? The subsidy is still there for 2018 and they are probably stuck with it unless they can get the docs changed. If they could arbitrarily remove the subsidy at will they would have done it before now.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouch the subsidy was there on the proposed but it is not on the approved for 2018. No wonder the fees jumped up so much. No more developer subsidy at Lakeshore.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I just looked up a few to compare my Lakeshore Two bedroom deluxe Platinum with Maintenance Fees of $1907.

Harbour Lake $1354
Cypress Harbor $1258
Grand Vista (w FL club) $1329

Wow. As an MGV owner, my MFs are $1353 for 2BR Plat FC. I even think that is getting high for Orlando, FL. Didn't realize Lakeshore was so much higher (~$600+) when comparing. While Lakeshore is certainly one notch above in quality than any other MVC resort in Orlando, that apparently comes now at a premium for owners with no subsidy. I feel better now owning at MGV, with the option to trade into Lakeshore. :)

destinio

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a New Year 2019 Reservation and this is what I received:

The pool and water slides at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve will be closed for resurfacing from January 2, 2019 through February 22, 2019. Owners and guests will have access to the pool at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes and the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes during this time.

Does anyone know if there is scheduled construction during 2018 at this property? I went to the website and couldn't see anything.

Thanks!