• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

land tax

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi how long does it take to change name on the tax record.
I have been waiting for three weeks the San Berindino, Calif. tax to change
the old owners to mine. Can some help me, I check the web site all day all.
I tried calling but, It is hard to get thru.
Thank you
Linda

Giselherr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'd certainly need a bit more detail about the ...

armrecsys said:
Hi how long does it take to change name on the tax record.
I have been waiting for three weeks the San Berindino, Calif. tax to change
the old owners to mine. Can some help me, I check the web site all day all.
I tried calling but, It is hard to get thru.
Thank you
Linda

/....transaction to even hazard a guess. Was there a deed written, was there a title search, how was the property acquired? Private sale, thru a real estate firm, etc. When was the deed, if there was one, delivered to the court?

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Giselherr said:
/....transaction to even hazard a guess. Was there a deed written, was there a title search, how was the property acquired? Private sale, thru a real estate firm, etc. When was the deed, if there was one, delivered to the court?

Ok, I purchase a Timeshare FROM A TIMESHARE OFFICE ON E-BAY. The tranfre was recorded 4 weeks ago, I have check the San Beradino Treasure web site everyday to see if the Name in the billed owner has change to document the recorded new owner. I have tried calling , but getting thru to them takes too long. Now , How long does it take The San Berandino treasure, cALIF. office to document a change of a new owner ship.The second half of the tax bill is due soon and I would like the bill to reflex my name.
Thank you
Linda

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
armrecsys said:
Ok, I purchase a Timeshare FROM A TIMESHARE OFFICE ON E-BAY. The tranfre was recorded 4 weeks ago, I have check the San Beradino Treasure web site everyday to see if the Name in the billed owner has change to document the recorded new owner. I have tried calling , but getting thru to them takes too long. Now , How long does it take The San Berandino treasure, cALIF. office to document a change of a new owner ship.The second half of the tax bill is due soon and I would like the bill to reflex my name.
Thank you
Linda
Well I finally got my answer , I send the same question to the San Berandino treasure, and they finally replyed. They said it takes (12) weeks to tranfre
records from one to another. I wonder if they is standard for all tax office
accross the country?
Thanks
Linda

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Linda: It has been awhile since I have been in San Bernadino County Court. All county offices are having budget problems, have lost staff and have not hired new employees to replace those lost. So, processing time has been increased. However, the time (12 weeks) seems a little long (and I do considerable filings and recordings all over California). My experience is that the State of Hawaii is the longest and I think it runs about 3 months. I would be surprised even with the cutbacks if you do not get the recording within six to eight weeks.