• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Larry Geiger, candidate for KBVIOA Board

ValChatelle44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas, Val Chatelle III,Pines at MeadowRidge
We just returned from Hawaii with a week at Kauai Beach Villas, Hanalei Bay Resort, Bali Hi Resort and Royal Sea Cliff on the big island and experienced some good and some not so good. When making spending decisions I firmly believe the incremental benefit from the decision has to be greater than the incremental cost and have seen instances when Boards made decisions where the cost well exceeded the benefits the members received in return. thanks Larry Geiger

Larry Geiger, CPA, Lieutenant Colonel US Army Retired, 25 Year Controller for a $400,000,000 homebuilding company, now retired. Own 3 Pahio memberships at KBV (never traded) and 10 other timeshare weeks.

I am running for the Board of KBV IOA with the hope of using my experience on other Boards of timeshare associations and governmental entities to improve the financial position of our association. I understand association legal documents having amended documents of another association and participated in drafting organizational governing documents for communities being created by my employer. I have prepared business plans for organizations varying in size from $400,000 to $400,000,000 in annual revenue.

I also understand that the success of KBV relies on KBV providing a first class experience to all its guests. I spend over 12 weeks a year in timeshare resorts and sample the product of all the major timeshare managers. I reflect on how their programs (check-in, unit amenities, layout, housekeeping, activities, recreation, check-out) impact on my enjoyment of their properties.

I appreciate your support and hope to get the opportunity use my financial, leadership, and travel experience to enhance KBV and thus the quality of your experience at your Kauai Beach Villas.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
When making spending decisions I firmly believe the incremental benefit from the decision has to be greater than the incremental cost and have seen instances when Boards made decisions where the cost well exceeded the benefits the members received in return.

Own 3 Pahio memberships at KBV (never traded) and 10 other timeshare weeks.

I also understand that the success of KBV relies on KBV providing a first class experience to all its guests. I spend over 12 weeks a year in timeshare resorts and sample the product of all the major timeshare managers. I reflect on how their programs (check-in, unit amenities, layout, housekeeping, activities, recreation, check-out) impact on my enjoyment of their properties.

I appreciate your support and hope to get the opportunity use my financial, leadership, and travel experience to enhance KBV and thus the quality of your experience at your Kauai Beach Villas.

Larry,

Thanks for taking the time to stop by Public Square and introducing yourself. In terms of your candidate statement, I have highlighted a couple of items that I thought would be helpful if you expanded on them.

In the first statement I highlighted above regarding Boards - can you give us some context for that statement - ie. are you referring to this specific BoD or other BoD's or just BoD's in general. An example would be helpful.

You mention that you have never traded your KBV membership. Is that an important distinction in your mind? As you know, owner usage at KBV is 10%, with the majority of usage coming from RCI and Club Wyndham.

Given your timeshare travel experiences, what do you feel is lacking (if anything) in terms of KBV providing a first class experience to all guests.

Thanks in advance.

ValChatelle44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas, Val Chatelle III,Pines at MeadowRidge
comment one is generic. Although a specific example at KBV would be the IOA sponsored MaiTai party I attended this year. Being a candidate for the Board, I made a point of introducing myself to all the attendees who were sucking down IOA purchased Maitais and 80% of the attendees were AOA or VRBO. Item 2, it is important because why would you want a Board consisting of members who don't come to the property every year. Item 3 Remembering that the IOA Board only impacts what is behind the entry doors, our furnishings and interiors and kitchen supplies and housekeeping and maintenance compare very favorably with what I see at the other resorts I visit annually and are in better shape than some properties managed by larger management companies.
thanks for asking
Larry GEIGER

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Being a candidate for the Board, I made a point of introducing myself to all the attendees who were sucking down IOA purchased Maitais and 80% of the attendees were AOA or VRBO.

Larry.... thanks for expanding on those points.

Yes, I would agree that having a BoD member that visits the resort regularly would be of value.

And I find your observation about what the IOA controls and does not control to be very insightful. Some have painted this idealistic picture of KBV becoming a true "resort" without acknowledging the limitations of that "vision".

But the info above really irks me. I know there are a number of condos that are in building H and are full-time vacation rentals. Have to imagine it it is nice for them when we have their guests sucking up all the things paid for with our IOA dollars (hotel pool, activities, etc).

Thanks again, and best of luck in your candidacy.

Last edited: