• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Las Palmeras - why?

Reaction score
I was in Orlando and drove by the Las Palmeras HGVC and really can't figure out who would want to buy here.

I do own HGVC (Las Vegas and Hawaii) and like the system, but this seems like an oddball location. It is close to the back entrance of the convention center, but other than that......chirp-chirp, nothing interesting here.

It is not near Disney, is is sorta half way between Universal and SeaWorld.

It does look like a nice place to stay, but with TONS of other options, why would anyone want to buy at this location?

I was going to stay there on a cash reservation, BUT they charge something outrageous like $20 per day to self-park, so I stayed at the 2Home Suites by Hilton down the street.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
The location of Las Palmeras will be more attractive after Universal completes its 4th gate expansion right next door. It will be almost as close as an on-site hotel. It’s also very close to the convention center, Andretti Cart, Top Golf, and Pointe Orlando. Having said that, its my least favorite Orlando property, mainly because it started as a Westin Hotel that HGVC repurposed. Still feels like a hotel rather than sprawling resort.

Sean

eddyfca

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Las Palmeras
low maintenance fees, use it for the points to exchange.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We plan to use it for an event at the Convention Center next year.
But otherwise, I'd say it may make Universal at bit easier.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
If you have young kids, I think Las Palmeras may be a good choice due to the water / pool features.

Kurt

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The location of Las Palmeras will be more attractive after Universal completes its 4th gate expansion right next door. It will be almost as close as an on-site hotel.

Sean

When is this planned to be completed? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Guests at this hotel may be required to pay the following mandatory fees:

Resort fee: $28.13 per room, per night
The resort fee includes: Internet access, Phone calls, In-room coffee, In-room bottled water

Self parking fee: $22 per night (in/out privileges)
Valet parking fee: $28 per night (in/out privileges)
Late check-out fee: $50 (subject to availability)

Reaction score
low maintenance fees, use it for the points to exchange.

NOT TRUE!!!

I think these are pretty high, especially the studios and gold weeks

Here are the Annual dues per point

Platinum weeks
studio = .29
1 bedroom = .20
1 bedroom+ = .17
2 bedroom = .21
2 bedroom+ = .19

Gold weeks
studio = .40
1 bedroom = .29
1 bedroom+ = .25
2 bedroom = .29
2 bedroom+ = .27

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
NOT TRUE!!!

Platinum weeks
studio = .29
1 bedroom = .20
1 bedroom+ = .17
2 bedroom = .21
2 bedroom+ = .19

Gold weeks
studio = .40
1 bedroom = .29
1 bedroom+ = .25
2 bedroom = .29
2 bedroom+ = .27

Those are high! .19 for a platinum 2 bedroom plus in Orlando? I never got Las Palmeras either. They must have got a steal of deal on the property and wanted something close to the new Universal.

eddyfca

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Las Palmeras
Those are high! .19 for a platinum 2 bedroom plus in Orlando? I never got Las Palmeras either. They must have got a steal of deal on the property and wanted something close to the new Universal.
NOT TRUE!!!

Platinum weeks
studio = .29
1 bedroom = .20
1 bedroom+ = .17
2 bedroom = .21
2 bedroom+ = .19

Gold weeks
studio = .40
1 bedroom = .29
1 bedroom+ = .25
2 bedroom = .29
2 bedroom+ = .27

That's nowhere near what I'm paying.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I am pretty sure Las Palmas is a Fee for Service resort, Goldman Sachs purchased and acted as the developer for the conversion. HGV is paid to sell and service the resort, so it was a low capital project for HGV.

I wonder if the proximity makes the resort appealing to business owners that attend annual conventions? The Paradise location in Vegas is not exactly a prime tourist location either.

Reaction score
I wonder if the proximity makes the resort appealing to business owners that attend annual conventions?

No, businesses don't think like that, besides it would have to be a yearly Orlando conference and most conferences have preferred hotel discounts, and this is not as close as the other Rosen hotels in front.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We plan to use Las Palmeras to attend a convention in 2022.
But that's only 'cuz we have HGVC points.
Otherwise, we'd stay at a hotel on I-Drive, close to the action.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
No, businesses don't think like that, besides it would have to be a yearly Orlando conference and most conferences have preferred hotel discounts, and this is not as close as the other Rosen hotels in front.

Much earlier in my career i worked for a number of smaller businesses, sole proprietorship, etc. At a couple of these the owners were often looking for ways to make something a business expenses. At one of these the owner had a timeshare in Vegas they justified as a business expense by using for Comdex and other big annual conventions. I think they would then tack on some personal time after the conference. I am not this really makes sense, but as a young employee i did not question the owners judgement... at least not in public...

I now work at large company and your correct, we all stay in hotels. Personally i only occasionally stay at the official conference hotel. If i was attending a conference in Orlando, i might consider Las Palmas, but i would have to book a cash rate via our agency and not use my HGV points as i would not be compensated for that.