• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Minute Summer Rebooking at DVC

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We decided to change our WDW trip from November to early August. I was shocked at how much availability is showing up now for the summer, that was not available before. I was able to book an 8 night trip with stays at Poly, Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom. It took at little maneuvering to get the days lined up because I wanted to spend time in the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom parks but I got it to work so we could stay for 8 consecutive nights from a Saturday through a Sunday. I guess being able to re-book is one of the advantages of owning DVC points vs renting them. Also, I am very happy with DVC service. The DVC customer service reps are amazingly helpful. Given it is 2 months out, I am able to book my Fast Passes now before they are opened up to everyone. And there are still enough dining options that we are happy with, although we are not that picky about food and hope to eat in our room since we will have kitchens in the 1 bedrooms at Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom. We are super excited!

mj2vacation

Reaction score
Animal Kingdom is one our favorite resorts.

My son and I are in marketing that have used for boardwalk for years. We are climbing the stairs on that horrific clown slide. Just saw that photo for the first time in years at Aulani. He is under 2 in the photo and 22 now.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas used to be a favorite resort.. but each time I went the villas at the resort got dirtier and dirtier. The rooms are dark and the housekeeping cast members do not keep it clean enough.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons why you were able to secure last minute rooms was due to cancelations before the 30 day mark. It happens all the time.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
One of the reasons why you were able to secure last minute rooms was due to cancelations before the 30 day mark. It happens all the time.

Yes that is what I assume. I think that it's great DVC owners can re-book at the last minute. It looks like re-booking between 60-31 days out makes a lot of sense when one changes their plans because it is still early enough to get Fast Pass priority. I had been under the illusion that it was impossible to book the best resorts if I wasn't online at exactly 11 months in advance. Now I see DVC is even more flexible than I thought. This will be our first trip as DVC owners. We are thrilled with all the benefits of staying onsite. Even VGF has availability but I did not want to pay 50-60 points per night for a one bedroom there so we will visit VGF is a lower non-summer season.