• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Learning WM and II

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I’m still wading through learning the nuances of WM, and how to maximize my ownership. I can’t find the thread now, but someone recently mentioned about using WM to exchange through II into Marriott. I’ve never used II, only RCI Weeks, and don’t yet even have an II account. How can I learn about all of this?

Dave

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Dave I posted a bunch of this in WorldMark vs Wyndham Thread.

Look at that and then if you have more questions I can try to answer them.

I made a video the other day to upload to tug but video extensions are not allowed in the file upload process.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

I made a video the other day to upload to tug but video extensions are not allowed in the file upload process.

Thanks. That may be the thread I was thinking of. I’ll check that.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You'll need to get an II account setup. Ask for the worldmark desk at II, because it's a bit of an unusual process.

Once you do that, you can request first or deposit first. With worldmark, a request first generally has higher trading power. You can make a request (or search available inventory) using the three bedroom float. When you make a trade, you are charged based on the size of the trade. 8k 1 bedroom, 10k 2 bedroom, 12k 3 bedroom or larger. (Plus housekeeping and II exchange fee).

If you deposit first, you can potentially save credits, but it's riskier. You don't get to pick the week, the transaction can't be reversed, and the deposits expire. However, you can deposit a low season 2 bedroom unit for 6k credits plus a housekeeping, which is a potentially material savings on credits. A low season week will have trading power based on the week. If you get a good one, it can be nearly as good as the float week. If you get a stinker, you might have a hard time getting something.

One other thing - during flex time (59 days before check in, IIRC ) all float trades are only 4000 credits, which can be great.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Also, don't wait until you need it to set it up. Sometimes they have a hard time setting up the 'float' with 3br.

The spacebank is a great deal when you need to stash some credits. Also, if you decide to upgrade to 'platinum' with Interval (maybe gold too?) then you can use shortstays. Not the absolute greatest deal on earth (exchange fees for all shortstays) but can be a great deal if the resort is right.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

So, it's really easy. Set up a youtube or facebook site and post the videos. You can link via TUG.
I'm not the expert, but with the right privacy settings, I think you can basically shield the site from the general public but still share video links.

Others will comment on the security/privacy side.
Ditto if you decide to use a file/photo/video hosting site. I still have my flickr account.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
So, it's really easy. Set up a youtube or facebook site and post the videos. You can link via TUG.
I'm not the expert, but with the right privacy settings, I think you can basically shield the site from the general public but still share video links.

Others will comment on the security/privacy side.
Ditto if you decide to use a file/photo/video hosting site. I still have my flickr account.

Thanks Taterhead - Here is the video the other day I made on my iPad before I went to Hyatt presentation. I wanted to have in case they said you can never trade into our units.

To see what I pulled using the list I attached earlier in this thread just play video at this link.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thanks Taterhead - Here is the video the other day I made on my iPad before I went to Hyatt presentation. I wanted to have in case they said you can never trade into our units.

To see what I pulled using the list I attached earlier in this thread just play video at this link.

Nice job.

As others have said: Let's not sell the Worldmark too hard!!! ha ha (my fav: no, no, Kauai is awful. Go somewhere else!)

Great video.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ok, so I just got off the phone with II's so-called "WorldMark desk." I use the term lightly, because the guy who answered seemed very confused that I didn't already have an II account. I told him a few times that was why I was calling, and we went around that tree several times. He kept saying that should have been set up by WorldMark. I finally suggested he ask a Supervisor how to set up a new WorldMark account. He did, and came back ready to do it. It was pretty easy after that. And it seems like it worked, (after a lot of information sharing.) The account is being verified. When I logged into II and set up a profile, then check My Memberships, it says I own a "2 bedroom Week 54." (Week 54? How does that work?) But it also says Redmond, Wa, and I don't think there's a WM resort there. So I guess that's WM Corporate?

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 4.30.43 PM.png

We'll see how this goes. I only bought the base membership for one year, and I'll decide going forward if this is something I want to continue. RCI hasn't shown me much for a long time, so I hope to have a better experience with II. :thumbup:

Dave

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Ok, so I just got off the phone with II's so-called "WorldMark desk." I use the term lightly, because the guy who answered seemed very confused that I didn't already have an II account. I told him a few times that was why I was calling, and we went around that tree several times. He kept saying that should have been set up by WorldMark. I finally suggested he ask a Supervisor how to set up a new WorldMark account. He did, and came back ready to do it. It was pretty easy after that. And it seems like it worked, (after a lot of information sharing.) The account is being verified. When I logged into II and set up a profile, then check My Memberships, it says I own a "2 bedroom Week 54." (Week 54? How does that work?) But it also says Redmond, Wa, and I don't think there's a WM resort there. So I guess that's WM Corporate?

View attachment 8233

We'll see how this goes. I only bought the base membership for one year, and I'll decide going forward if this is something I want to continue. RCI hasn't shown me much for a long time, so I hope to have a better experience with II. :thumbup:

Dave

Dave mine looks similar. But says unit 8 Bedroom week 54.

Worldmark Unit.jpg

But I don't think this really maters. If you want to make sure it works. Click on exchange vacations. And when it asks you to pick a unit you should see your WM unit with a drop down where you pick unit size. It works best to always pick the 3 bedroom size. It gives you the strongest trader, but you will only use credits based on unit size you confirm a match with.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

View attachment 8233

Dave

As I said earlier......wrong account.

You need to be set up with a Worldmark 'float' account with 3br.

upload_2018-9-12_20-10-55.png

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Somebody let me know if mine is wrong!!!!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine looks exactly like taterhed, and it definitely works.

On the other hand, I had a sheraton floating unit say week 54 once. It was a floating unit, and the II rep I talked to said that was a code for floating. That may or may not be true, but it always traded fine.

If you can select the wm float 1/2/3 bedroom I probably wouldn't worry about it.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I can't yet select anything, because the account is being verified. When I try to pick My Units under Exchange, I get this:

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 5.38.29 PM.png

I'll try it again after the verification is complete. (Although it's nice to know things may be set up correctly, so far.)

Dave

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
As I said earlier......wrong account.

You need to be set up with a Worldmark 'float' account with 3br.

View attachment 8235

What he is showing is what is under your profile. Under the exchange vacation selection mine looks like yours well some.....

Here is what mine looks like. I have never deposited first so I am not sure if that is set up correct or not.

WM Generic Exchange.jpg

The place request, short stays, hotel exchange, cruise exchange links don't show on mine. I am platinum so I don't know I may take your graphic and mine and email them and ask them what gives. I was going to make my first deposit first next year and I sure don't want to find out that is not set up.

One question I do have - Can you have more than one Worldmark Float set up in your II account. I have a second WM account I would like to link as well.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Taterhed - That was fast I emailed them about difference in your and my account views and they have it fixed already. I did not get a reply back but it now looks just like yours. Thats the fastest Interval has ever resolved something for me. Hurray!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Glad to hear it.

Yeah, they didn't get mine right the first time.....I think the above examples are another 'trick' they use to max-out the trade power of the float deposit. Maybe that one was higher....but I think not.

I didn't research adding multiple accounts to Interval because the transfer rules were easier when I set up. Now that they are less relaxed, it's more of an issue. Please respond with what you find out about adding multiple accounts. I think they want to charge you, but I'm not sure. Maybe I should add my other account.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
What he is showing is what is under your profile. Under the exchange vacation selection mine looks like yours well some.....

Here is what mine looks like. I have never deposited first so I am not sure if that is set up correct or not.

View attachment 8237

The place request, short stays, hotel exchange, cruise exchange links don't show on mine. I am platinum so I don't know I may take your graphic and mine and email them and ask them what gives. I was going to make my first deposit first next year and I sure don't want to find out that is not set up.

One question I do have - Can you have more than one Worldmark Float set up in your II account. I have a second WM account I would like to link as well.

I'm platinum on Interval. That adds some exchange capability (short stays etc...) and that's probably the icons.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I'm platinum on Interval. That adds some exchange capability (short stays etc...) and that's probably the icons.
I am too that’s why I wrote them. It’s fixed now. Just got another email from them wanting account info for second WM account. Just provided so I’ll wait to see what they reply with.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Has any of you tried the hotel exchange? How does it work with WM, and how many credits do they take.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Glad to hear it.

Yeah, they didn't get mine right the first time.....I think the above examples are another 'trick' they use to max-out the trade power of the float deposit. Maybe that one was higher....but I think not.

I didn't research adding multiple accounts to Interval because the transfer rules were easier when I set up. Now that they are less relaxed, it's more of an issue. Please respond with what you find out about adding multiple accounts. I think they want to charge you, but I'm not sure. Maybe I should add my other account.

They said it would cost $39 to add the other account. But I would, bet if you extend a couple years they may do for free.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
They said it would cost $39 to add the other account. But I would, bet if you extend a couple years they may do for free.
Thanks!

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)

II charges if you simply want to add another timeshare to your account. But if you add a resort at the same time that you pay membership dues, it is free.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, apparently I've been verified, and things look like what you've reported:

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 4.25.43 PM.png

Notice the 2BR Week 54 is gone, replaced by just the generic WorldMark the Club upper badge. That one isn't clickable. But on the lower one, when I click Vacation Exchange or Place Request, I have these choices:

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 4.28.44 PM.png

So what is the best way to search for available exchanges? And if I don't find something I want, the Place Request is the better way to go? Trying to sift through these options for best results. What can you experienced II folks teach me?

Dave

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Well, apparently I've been verified, and things look like what you've reported:

View attachment 8274

Notice the 2BR Week 54 is gone, replaced by just the generic WorldMark the Club upper badge. That one isn't clickable. But on the lower one, when I click Vacation Exchange or Place Request, I have these choices:

View attachment 8275

So what is the best way to search for available exchanges? And if I don't find something I want, the Place Request is the better way to go? Trying to sift through these options for best results. What can you experienced II folks teach me?

Dave

Pick the 3 bedroom float, This pulls the most stuff, but you only use credits based on unit size you confirm.

The other way you can trade for a lower credit amount is call WM II vacation rep and ask for a 2 bedroom blue unit to be deposited. This will give you another trader in your account that you can search with a random 2 bedroom Blue unit. This can be a winner or total dud. But many on WMOwners have reported very good trades off deposit first. I personally never deposited first so I have no first hand experience on it. Note: Deposit first can take up to 2 weeks to show up in your account.

When you do search I find search by resort code best followed by location. You can enter as many codes as you would like at once just place a comma between them.

If you don’t see what you want you can create an ongoing search if you would like, but must pay exchange fee up front. If you don’t match you get funds back. The broader the search criteria the more likely you will match.