• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Learning WM and II

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I suggest that you change your search/vacation habits. (not joking)
Instead of searching based on time/location, search on time/premium availability (or if you have unlimited time, just premium availability)
Skim the crème off the top!!

Consider this:
  • "We want to go on vacation during the last half of March 19 (or 3 weeks from now etc...)
  • What Elite resorts are available for that week? (or Marriott or VSE or California or ???)
Instead of searching for 1 or 2 resorts in a 2 week span, search for all the exceptional resorts/locations during a week (or 2) and see what pops up

I think you would be amazed at some of the great options available..

swiftyman

Reaction score
Since this seems like a good thread to ask in, how often do hawaii locations show up in interval? (Any island)

I know rci gets some properties fairly consistently (especially within 45 days of travel), but I dont see much about intervals availability and would like to know before I join.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Yes, Interval regularly has hawaii inventory. The Marriotts and the Hyatts show up in II - but go quickly. And many of the independents exchange in both.

RCI probably has more quantity, but I am not sure about more quality. They do have the more Wyndham/Worldmark inventory (as you would expect) and they have the Hilton properties - and I have found the Hilton properties on the Big Island show up with regularity - but go quickly also.

JMHO.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pick the 3 bedroom float, This pulls the most stuff, but you only use credits based on unit size you confirm.

The other way you can trade for a lower credit amount is call WM II vacation rep and ask for a 2 bedroom blue unit to be deposited. This will give you another trader in your account that you can search with a random 2 bedroom Blue unit. This can be a winner or total dud. But many on WMOwners have reported very good trades off deposit first. I personally never deposited first so I have no first hand experience on it. Note: Deposit first can take up to 2 weeks to show up in your account.

When you do search I find search by resort code best followed by location. You can enter as many codes as you would like at once just place a comma between them.

If you don’t see what you want you can create an ongoing search if you would like, but must pay exchange fee up front. If you don’t match you get funds back. The broader the search criteria the more likely you will match.
Can you see 4 bdrm because your exchange grid stop at 3 bdrm (12,000 pts) ?
There is some 4 bdrm at Grand Luxxe NV that I see with my DRI points. Can you see them ?
upload_2018-10-10_7-8-22.png

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see the 4 bedrooms with worldmark.

II never seems to show me how many WM credits something would be, but I'm pretty sure the WM grid is the same price for 3+ bedrooms. (12000 credits).

Edited to add: I'm in a GL 4 bedroom at Nuevo Vallarta right now, and it definitely has a full kitchen. Unless there's different 4 bedroom units elsewhere.

Last edited:

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see the 4 bedrooms with worldmark.

II never seems to show me how many WM credits something would be, but I'm pretty sure the WM grid is the same price for 3+ bedrooms. (12000 credits).

Edited to add: I'm in a GL 4 bedroom at Nuevo Vallarta right now, and it definitely has a full kitchen. Unless there's different 4 bedroom units elsewhere.
Is it 12,000 pts + exchange fee or 12,000 pts + 1 upgrade fee + exchange fee because the max unit size you can use to search is a 3 bdrm ?

Thanks

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it 12,000 pts + exchange fee or 12,000 pts + 1 upgrade fee + exchange fee because the max unit size you can use to search is a 3 bdrm ?

Thanks

No upgrade fee. The grid says 12,000 credits for 3 plus bedrooms.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Pick the 3 bedroom float, This pulls the most stuff, but you only use credits based on unit size you confirm.

Falling back to this thread, and I have a new question:

I searched II with the 3br Float, found an Exchange I wanted, so I Confirmed it. The unit I accepted was a 1 bedroom. The confirmation says I relinquished a 3bedroom Float for that 1bedroom. Your post above says it only uses credits for what I confirmed. So will WM deduct the equivalent of a 1br for this exchange? I think someone said it's 8000 credits? When and where will I see that happen?

II still shows the 3br Float available to Exchange. Am I missing something? Does it take awhile to reflect the credits used? And can I continue to use the 3br Float to search in II, as long as I have credits to put against it?

Thanks,
Dave

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
II will never take the float away, you can keep searching and exchanging. They don't know how many credits you have.

If you don't have enough in your account, worldmark will charge you $0.15 per credit as a rental.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes worldmark will deduct only the amount of credits for the unit size you exchanged into. Sometimes the points come out of your account very quickly and sometimes apparently it can take a while. One super thing about worldmark is one time I was short credits when an exchange came through so they charged me 15 Cents a credit -ouch. I called up worldmark and because I had future reservations in other resorts they worked their magic and gave me the credits at 8 cents instead of 15 cents. I didn't really understand why (and still don't) but it saved me a small fortune as that was my 3 bedroom grand luxxe match or 12000 credits. So even if the worst happens and you end up getting charged 15 cents a credit because you don't have enough points call ask for a supervisor and see if they can help you out.

Joan

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks, folks. I have plenty of credits in my account, I just would not want to be charged the credits needed for a 3 bedroom unit when all I'm getting for it is a 1 bedroom. In one of these threads I thought I'd seen that I'd have the option of changing the size of the unit used, but everything was greyed out. Then I remembered about this thread saying they'll only take what you confirm, so I pulled the trigger. We'll see what WM does, and how soon they do it.

Dave

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
Hey all, My wife and father-in-law own Wyndham, can they do II? or can they just do RCI?
If they can, where do they start to get an account? myclubwyndham.com has a link to RCI within their "My Ownership/Exchanges" tabs.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey all, My wife and father-in-law own Wyndham, can they do II? or can they just do RCI?
If they can, where do they start to get an account? myclubwyndham.com has a link to RCI within their "My Ownership/Exchanges" tabs.

Wyndham is basically just RCI, unless you had an II membership and have maintained it.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you already have a Interval account? Maybe that is an angle - depositing into an existing II account.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I looked into it, as I felt wyndham+II would be a powerful match. But my understanding is that Wyndham will not verify new accounts for II.
Correct. If you aren't currently with II and grandfathered with your Wyndham points, you can't use II with Wyndham. They are making it difficult for those that want to stay with II and certainly aren't allowing any new enrollments with Wyndham and II regardless of what you own.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is just for Wyndham, not Worldmark, correct?
Correct. WM members still can use II or RCI.

There are other exchange companies, but some of them do not have formal exchange agreements with the Club, and are subject to a GC charge when used.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Circling back to this thread one more time, this time to ask about an II Retrade. I had previously accepted a 1br at Kona Coast Resort Phase 1 for Summer 2020. That would have been fine. But today, while playing with the E-Plus Retrade option, I found a 2br at the Kona Coast Resort Phase II for a week later. So I took that instead.

Credits-wise, I expect to spend 10K credits vs. the 9K credits I'd have used previously. Right? The credits still haven't deducted from my account from the initial exchange, so I don't know when the new one will be taken out. But at the end of the day, the only change will be the addition 1K credits used, right? Any other hidden fees or whatever I need to know about?

Thanks,
Dave

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The new booking and the return of your previous booked credits are two separate transactions. The 10k credits are deducted from your account in a day or two. The 9k credits are returned usually 1 to 2 weeks later. As a result, there will be a period where you will be deducted 19k credits in the interim. Moreover, the credits used in an II exchange don't participate in the credit shuffle so you will likely have older credits returned to you than the new ones deducted. It's a pain to deal with.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What Marathoner said - each transaction is separate and at full points; and the return of credits always takes place after the credits for the 2nd exchange is extracted.

9k withdrawal - 1st exchange
10k withdrawal - 2nd exchange
9k returned from 1st exchange

With the same impact on your HK tokens. And you have to really watch for the return....sometimes it does not happen and you need to call in with all the detail (dates, resorts, #) to get it resolved. The fastest I have ever seen a refund is a week - usually in the 2-3 weeks.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
But they haven't taken out the initial 9K credits. It's been a few months since I made that reservation, and nothing was taken out. Will they still take the 9K at some point, even though it's been replaced with the 10K credit retrade?

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I did the same thing once and was charged 8 cents a point for the difference of points that were in my account before the other points were replaced. I had two WM accounts on my II account and II took the credits out of the wrong account.

I like II for the 4000 point + exchange fee at 59 days out.

Bill