• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Leftover Hyatt Points in II

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am trying to learn what option do I have (if any) to save and use the leftover points.

I have a 1,400-point week. I want to make an II exchange for a 2br which costs 1,300 points. How can I use the remaining 100 points?

I am aware of short stay II exchanges which cost 90 points + fees for 1 night in 1br.

Is it possible to save the 100 points for the next year, and combine them with the next year's leftover 100 points to make 200 points? Or are the points coming from different use years not combinable in II?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to learn what option do I have (if any) to save and use the leftover points.

I have a 1,400-point week. I want to make an II exchange for a 2br which costs 1,300 points. How can I use the remaining 100 points?

I am aware of short stay II exchanges which cost 90 points + fees for 1 night in 1br.

Is it possible to save the 100 points for the next year, and combine them with the next year's leftover 100 points to make 200 points? Or are the points coming from different use years not combinable in II?

Find out your expiration date. They are combinable.

tj5654

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you sign in to your HRC Reservation System you can go to your 'Account' header (far right) and it will list each of your contract weeks you own and give a point summary. It will show your full point balance for the week you own or the remaining balance if you have booked a reservation and not used all of your points. The date to save any remaining points not used in the HRC for reservations will show and the last date to move is I believe 4 months before your owned week. At the date shown you can still move the remaining point balance into EEE (Extended Exchange- or II) where you will gain an additional 24 months to make a booking through II (with the added booking fees etc) If points are not used to book a reservation or transferred into II (EEE) you have an additional 6 months after your owned week to book within HRC but you must book within a 60 day arrival window, so in effect you are booking the leftovers so don't be surprised if you don't find much that is desirable.

You mentioned wanting to book a 2BR for 1300 points in II so you could move your entire 1400 points at that time or just the 1300 needed, so you could wait to transfer the other 100 points once you decide where you want to use them but moving into II gives another 24 months to possibly combine with any future points leftover, however it must be done in II then.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
There are no fees for moving points from HRC to EEE (II), correct? So I can move 1,300 points as soon as I get them 12 months before my week, and then move the remaining 100 points at the last moment, which is 4 months before my week, and I will not be charged any fees, correct?

And then 4 months later, when I get another 1,400 points for the following year, I can move all of them to II and I will have 1,500 points in II, which can be used for a single exchange, or use 1,300 and save 200, correct?

I am not sure that points coming from two or three different use years can be combined (without fees) in II for use in one single exchange. Because when I go to II now and try an exchange, it asks me to select usage year: Usage:2018 I think if I save 100 points from 2018 usage and 100 points from 2019 usage, I will have them listed separately in II with no way to combine them for one exchange. How does it work in reality?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
In reality it’s from the same bucket. You have it right. Two buttons in II but only one bucket of points.

No fees to move points to EEE. Just watch your dates to make sure you time it correctly. I like the emails Hyatt now sends out warning you about the EEE dates.

Hyatt/II is supposed to use your oldest points first. If you do an EEE/II exchange you don’t have to transfer the points to EEE. It will just happen.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
If you do an EEE/II exchange you don’t have to transfer the points to EEE. It will just happen.

So I can just place an ongoing search with II without moving points first? And if it matches, then the points automatically transfer? And if it doesn't match, then I still have Hyatt points to potentially use internally with HRC?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I can just place an ongoing search with II without moving points first? And if it matches, then the points automatically transfer? And if it doesn't match, then I still have Hyatt points to potentially use internally with HRC?

I’m not sure if they take the points from you when you do the ongoing search. You should call the Hyatt II desk and ask. Something tells me they take the points but I don’t remember.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
So I called Hyatt and they told me a surprising thing:

I need to prepay my 2019 maintenance fees in order to place an II exchange request using 2019 points.

Two separate Hyatt reps told me that. Is that correct?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Correct. It's one way Hyatt leverages its owners to make sure MF's are paid and paid on time (or even ahead of time). If you think about it, it's also fair: why should an owner be allowed to place a request for a future year without already having paid for that year?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
OK, just to clarify: when I get my 2019 points next week, I want to move them to EEE so that I could place an ongoing search in II with travel dates up to two years from now. And in order to move points from Hyatt to EEE, I will need to prepay 2019 maintenance fees. Do I miss anything?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You didn't miss anything. In order to deposit 2019 points into II with an OSR, you will first need to pay your 2019 MF's. Your EEE points in II will then be good for two years. Are you sure you don't want to either use your fixed week or, alternatively, convert to CUP points for internal trade? If you know the answer is no to both options, then EEE is the way to go. Personally, I usually choose to give myself the maximum decision window to figure out my future plans before making the EEE deposit, but if you know you don't like Options 1 (lock in the fixed week) or 2 (convert to CUP points for internal trade), then go for it.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Thanks!

Your EEE points in II will then be good for two years.

Two years since the date of transfer from Hyatt to EEE, or two years since my 2019 fixed week date?

Do I have to book (confirm exchange) within two years, or stay within two years?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks!

Two years since the date of transfer from Hyatt to EEE, or two years since my 2019 fixed week date?

Do I have to book (confirm exchange) within two years, or stay within two years?
I am not 100% certain on either question, but I believe the II deposit is good until December 31 of the second year after the deposit year. In other words, if you deposit in 2018, you have until December 31, 2020 to complete travel. Perhaps others can verify or correct me on this.