• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Legacy Adventures Inc. Clem Swan

cassvilleokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Hawaii fixed weeks and Points, Wyndham Points, Marriott, Mass, Holiday Inn (previous Silverleaf) Worldmark, Vista Mirage, Shell Hawaii collection, Star Island, Orange Lake, KBC, Fractional and Full.
I responded to the ad from this company on a resort listed in the bargain bin, offered $1 as a token and owner pays closing and transfer have bought 5 this week like this.

Here is the response I got from the owner of the company. Have never received one like this from Tug

Clement Swan <clements@legacyadventuresinc.com>
cleardot.gif
Feb 10 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

So you are wanting to not pay anything for the property...? Hopefully I "wont ask" for the $1.......hmm..

No offense, but we require the closing and RTF on properties we sell or transfer for our owners.
I am sure they may cover RTF but our closing is $300 on these and the minimum that would be acceptable, in order for me to even take a bid to the seller.
We appreciate it though and as a heads up, anything with Free usage would be transferred to the new owner and completed deed and full transfer prior to New Owners Usage for 2018. No free reservations or anything that can any issue with the seller.

So if your on board for an offer...feel free and regardless, Have a Great Weekend!!

I responded a bit snarky but thought would see if anyone else here as experience with the seller and how was the experience. He has several listing that I am interested in but right now would not go back for more.

BD7

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oyster Bay Beach Resort (St Martin), Holiday Inn Orange Lake (Kissimmee) , Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort (Gatlinburg)
Dealt with same guy. All of his properties require a closing fee while the other brokers' listings working for the same company don't.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Your expectations weren't reasonable and you would get variations of the same response from any big re-seller. You aren't dealing with on owner on TUG who has something in the Bargain Deals, just wants out and is willing to pay the closing cost and resort transfer fee to make that happen. And not everyone who has something in the Bargain Deals is offering to do that either. You are dealing with a business and they aren't in this to lose money on the deal.

Check out a couple of other big re-sellers on eBay. Some of them want you to pay the maintenance fees starting from the beginning of the use year for the deed or contract. $300 isn't bad for the closing fee, the ones I've been interested in want $550. I've seen some as high as $750.

The following are from seven different big seller's listings I have saved in my watch list on eBay.

2019 Maintenance Fees: $1,209.96 = Pays the January - June 30th, 2019 Monthly MF (Buyer is responsible for the monthly MF beginning 1/1/2019)
Closing Fee: $499
Resort Transfer Fee: $299
Plus The Winning Bid:

2019 Maintenance Fee: buyer takes over once transfer completed
Settlement Fee (Closing Cost): $300
Resort Transfer Fee: $299
Plus The Winning Bid: TBD???

2019 Maintenance Fees $0 Paid By Seller
Closing costs and Transfer Fees-$598 to be paid by Winner

This Year's Maintenance Fees To Be Kept Current Until Transfer Completes
(Closing Cost) $550.00 Paid By Buyer
Type Of Ownership DEEDED Resort Transfer Fee $299.00 Paid By Buyer
Plus The Winning Bid $TBD?

Current Year Maintenance Fees: Buyer will pay the January-June 2019 maintenance fee of $$438.36 at closing.
Resort Transfer Fee: Buyer will pay the resort transfer fee of $299.00
Plus the Winning Bid: Buyer will pay the winning bid to be determined at end of auction.
(Note: This seller handles their own closings so they don't charge for the closing cost from what I can see.)

Additional Fees Include:
Resort Closings Inc. Closing Costs: $475.00 (Paid By Buyer)
County Recording fee: $60.00 (Paid By Buyer)
Buyer starts paying monthly fees January 2019
Resort transfer and Fee: $299.00 (Paid By Buyer)

FEES DUE AT TIME OF SALE:
2019 Maintenance fee: $692 (Feb-Apr/ direct Wyndham billing starts upon transfer thereafter)
Closing cost: $350
Transfer fee: $299

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
I have bought 2 properties from them and have dealt with clement both times. I was very happy with both the properties and the process. Got exactly what was offered. and closed very quickly.[/QUOTE]

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have also purchased several timeshares through Clem Swan. Everything went smoothly.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
I also bought an eBay property from Clem Swan and had no issues. The price and terms were very fair in my opinion.