• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Leisure Getaways offer

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
We attended an update in our home town in Ohio from a company called Leisure Getaways. My wife always goes for these freebies and a free dinner was worth the while.

They claim to offer 100,000 RCI Platinum Points in return for our 1.2 million Wyndham points and a one time $22,370 payment. The $22,370 would be financed at 0% interest over 100 months or $220 per month. The RCI points don't have maintenance fees but instead have an annual $1099 fee. They claim they would get us out of the Wyndham ownership (which I believe we could do as well) and also a small Saphire Resorts Jockey Club ownership we have as well.

Other interesting facts:
- RCI membership costs $124 per year compared to something higher baked into our Wyndham program fees
- RCI reservation fee ranges from $59 to $284 per reservation compared to our $239 (or so)
- Supposedly RCI Platinum can make reservations with confirmation 2 years out on inventory in most major resorts that is in a reserve for this program
- for an extra $99 per year, you get access to II as well but with a fee ranging from $299-599 to make a reservation in this program.

We did not go for it but wonder if anyone else has heard of this?

Bob

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
100,000 rci platinum points will get you fewer reservations than 300,000 Wyndham points. Availability is virtually the same as you see through Wyndham. The exchange fees through RCI are exactly the same as when you book through Wyndham. The $59 reservation would be for a 1 or 2 night rci points stay which you have access through nightly stays.

You could look into Wyndham Ovations Limited edition and get 3 years of points usage with no MF and then if you so desire purchase an RCI points membership for under $1000 with MF of $1000 or under plus rci fees.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
There are a lot of these companies out there and none of them are offering anything worth having.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
One time $22,370 payment.
$220 per month.
The RCI points don't have maintenance fees but instead have an annual $1099 fee.
A rose by any other name is still a rose.

They claim they would get us out of the Wyndham ownership (which I believe we could do as well) and also a small Saphire Resorts Jockey Club ownership we have as well.
What they are not disclosing is that you have no assurance that they can get you out on better terms than what you can get on your own. Anyone can get out of their ownership if they are willing to ruin their credit. After you have bought in, what is to prevent them from telling you that you should just stop paying.

Other interesting facts:
- RCI membership costs $124 per year compared to something higher baked into our Wyndham program fees
- RCI reservation fee ranges from $59 to $284 per reservation compared to our $239 (or so)
- Supposedly RCI Platinum can make reservations with confirmation 2 years out on inventory in most major resorts that is in a reserve for this program
- for an extra $99 per year, you get access to II as well but with a fee ranging from $299-599 to make a reservation in this program.

Except for the last part everything here has lot of caveats.

This is jumping from the frying pan into the fire. It is a bait and switch. They are not selling RCI Points as much as points in their vacation club. Lots of promises and faith required.

Last edited:

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Thanks for the feedback. We have no interest in getting rid of our Wyndham contracts except for one which I may put up on eBay. The answers you have provided confirm our belief that this was not a good deal. Yes, they spent zero time discussing how they would unload our contracts .. and I know plenty of ways if ever we want to.

Bob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tree Tops and The Retreat at Foxboro by LGI
https://lgiadvantageclub.com/index.html

Based on the above link (appears to be a company link), I would not go with this group. Would stay with or go with one of the major timeshare groups.
I joined Leisure Getaways through a dinner party and converted my 2 deeds into 50,000 RCI points. The best part is I eliminated my maint. fees and can opt in and out of the annual fees. Because this program is a trust, there is no perpetuity clause in the contract. My children do have to worry about taking over my timeshare debt. I highly recommend this company!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I joined Leisure Getaways through a dinner party and converted my 2 deeds into 50,000 RCI points. The best part is I eliminated my maint. fees and can opt in and out of the annual fees. Because this program is a trust, there is no perpetuity clause in the contract. My children do have to worry about taking over my timeshare debt. I highly recommend this company!

First, all timeshares come with maintenance fees, so maybe you are renting points. No vacation club has zero fees. You pay something either when you book, every year, or both. Second, your children are not obligated to take on your debt unless you put their name on the deed. The estate is responsible for it. Your kids can walk away from it. You gained nothing there. Finally, you sound like a rehearsed advertisement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I see, you just joined and have exactly one post. This one. Most choose to lurk when they first join, or they post a question. You post a fake review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

Can you give us some insight on what that transfer process entailed? Most importantly - are you still the owner of the underlying deeded weeks?

Because from the LGI website it indicates that they are only a "sub-licensee" authorized to market RCI affiliated memberships

LGI currently holds marketing sub-licenses for multiple separate RCI affiliated membership programs ( Inverness by the Sea, Inverness Lakeside Trust, Inverness Beach Club , The Retreat at Foxborough by LGI).

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

And did you happen to read the BBB Alert on this company before you recommended them?

Consumer complaints, have alleged Leisure Getaways & Travel is auctioning timeshares through an online site. Once the consumer wins the bid, they pay for the timeshare online with their credit card; however there can be up to a seven month delay in getting the timeshare transferred to their name. When consumers try to request a refund, the company is not returning phone messages or replying to emails.

Additionally, consumers have also stated that Leisure Gateways & Leisure practices high pressured selling techniques additionally after purchasing the timeshare; the consumer is rushed through the contract process without being allowed to review it first.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Highly recommended on one's first post? What's not to trust?