• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List of best RCI resorts as per Welk resorts

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk hand-selected the highest-rated resorts (~1000) in the RCI exchange portfolio that match Welk properties in quality, accommodations, and amenities, making it even easier for Welk members to pick the perfect resort for their next vacation.
The list is available to everybody at http://welkvacationexchange.com/Curated 1000/

Last edited:

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk was being very generous. I consider Welk to be top notch and I'm not an owner. I have stayed more than once in a few resorts that are not gold crown but are in the best locations. Last year we stayed in 2 resorts not gold crown but they were so friendly. The other guests, 90% were owners and they were fixed weeks so they were all friends. Both resorts had a home feeling.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Interesting what they chose to list and what they didn't. For example, they list Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta, but not Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta; both are on the same resort property and the Luxxe is a higher tier that you can exchange into via RCI for essentially the same cost. Some of the other ones on the list also make me scratch my head and wonder why they're on it. I haven't stayed in a Welk resort yet, but would think twice if they believe these are all on a par with theirs. My best guess would be that they outsourced the list preparation to someone else.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
guessing its worst to best? (DVCs on the last pages). Looked at the first 5 pages and was scratching my head also.....converted motel units on the list? several that I have been too....that were "ok", but definitely not quality ! others I have driven by and said "no thanks".

Some on here you will NEVER see as an exchange as well.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
List is curious. HGVC HCNY in NYC is curated 1000 but W57 is not. Most HGVC owners prefer West 57 because it is nicer. Also HCNY is rated 3.5 star while W57 is 4.5 in TripAdvisor. W57 has a quiet lobby like a private apt or fractional and RCI guests are not allowed to use the Owners lounge which could alter the experience. HCNY is located inside the Hilton Midtown with lots of action in the lobby.

The newer Residences on top of the Hilton Midtown are not even listed.

The property descriptions on the Welk middle page are not accurate. It says that both NYC properties have a wave pool onsite with a swim up bar (in NYC!!!). Neither has a pool. LOL.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Interesting what they chose to list and what they didn't. For example, they list Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta, but not Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta; both are on the same resort property and the Luxxe is a higher tier that you can exchange into via RCI for essentially the same cost. Some of the other ones on the list also make me scratch my head and wonder why they're on it. I haven't stayed in a Welk resort yet, but would think twice if they believe these are all on a par with theirs. My best guess would be that they outsourced the list preparation to someone else.
Is luxxe available without platinum priority access? Maybe they made the list when Grand Bliss was the highest available through RCI.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
GL has been available without platinum as RB71 for about a year now; that happened before Welk joined RCI. With platinum you can get into the GL villas and spas as well as the 1 BR loft units; for a while they had the 2 & 3 BR lofts, but Vidanta has been shifting their inventory around a bit and those aren't showing up any more. They partnered with Third Home a few days ago.

https://www.thirdhome.com/blog/vidanta-partnership/

There should be an announcement from Vidanta to GL owners sometime in the next week or so.