• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for RCI Cabo San Lucas resorts that are Non- All inclusive

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
We are headed to Cabo in a few weeks and will spend part of our time in the Fiesta Americana on an HGVC points booking. This is our first trip to FA and we thought we had hit the jackpot with a non-AI resort but unfortunately they are now making all inclusive mandatory for HGVC as of 2011

We have both HGVC and RCI Platinum points.

While we are there we would like to look at other Cabo resorts that are not all inclusive mandatory and have kitchens. Can anyone give us the names of RCI, non-AI resorts with kitchens in Cabo?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
While we are there we would like to look at other Cabo resorts that are not all inclusive mandatory and have kitchens. Can anyone give us the names of RCI, non-AI resorts with kitchens in Cabo?
I believe that all three Pueblo Bonito resorts in Cabo are optional for all-inclusive and all have kitchens.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Playa Grande on Solmar Beach is another optional all-inclusive.

Raintree's Club Regina in the corridor is another one.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Villa del Palmar and Villa del Arco are non-mandatory ai with exchanges but often listed as mandatory with extra vacations.

Portfinio, Tesoro, Playa Grande, Sol Mar, Publo Bonitos and Villa del Palmar are ai non-mandatory. The Fiesta Americana is listed as non-mandatory but I think that is changing soon.

Have you considered looking at the corridor or SJD ?

Bill

Katty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Fiesta Americana - I guess that is why AI is optional for us.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi terces,

I did a search for Cabo Resorts that are not all inclusive or are all inclusive optional. I have listed what has availability in RCI Points as of this evening.

There are more resorts in Cabo and San Jose del Cabo that you will find in the RCI Directory. Sometimes they show up as available or sometimes they never show up in searches.

Start with a search of the resort directory, narrow it down to the area you want, then check if the resort is , non AI, all inclusive or AI Optional. One resort may have a few codes, so be sure to check all the codes for the “Optional All Inclusive” RCI Resort Code.

https://www.rci.com/resort-directory/landing

Fiesta Americana Vacation Club At Cabo Del Sol (#5239)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur Mexico (All Inclusive Optional Code)
Website

Hacienda del Mar Resort (#3622)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur Mexico
Website

Marina Fiesta Resort (#2474) (All Inclusive Optional Code)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Website

Playa Grande Resort (#4364) (All Inclusive Optional Code)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Website

Portofino Resort at Marina View Villas (#5318)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Website

Pueblo Bonito Resort At Sunset Beach (#5704)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Website

Pueblo Bonito Resort Los Cabos (#2357)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Website

Pueblo Bonito Rose Spa & Resort (#4110)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Website

Sirena del Mar by Welk Resorts (#WLK8)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Website

Tesoro Los Cabos (#2287)
GC-ColorLgIcon.png
Website

Villa del Palmar Cabo San Lucas (#3165)
SC-ColorLgIcon.png
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur Mexico (All Inclusive Optional)
Website

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at Hacienda Del Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, and Playa Grande. All are very nice. The Playa Grande is right in town. You might want to also consider staying up in San Jose Del Cabo. Really nice town! the Cabo Azul, Grand Mayan, and Worldmark Coral Mar are all there. I haven't seen the Coral Mar Resort, but Cabo Azul and the Grand Mayan are both really nice. You might be able to do a direct trade with a Diamond Resorts owner or a Worldmark owner into Cabo Azul / Coral Mar.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
We stayed at Grand Mayan a few years ago and enjoyed it, but opted for PBSB last year because, although GM is not AI mandatory, their resort fees are pretty close to the AI fees at other resorts. PBSB was very nice, but a bit expensive on resort if you are not on the AI. Some food and drink are reasonable, but others are stupidly expensive - my wife's margarita at poolside bar came out to about C$20 (US$15ish) for one drink.

Tough decisions though - we enjoyed SJD much more than CSL as destination towns, but I think PBSB was a much nicer resort.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at Hacienda Del Mar (2 weeks), Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (Five weeks), Playa Grande (two weeks) and Grand Mayan (one week).

Playa Grande was the best location and nicest rooms. PBSB was the best resort/amenities and pools, Hacienda Del Mar was isolated with dated rooms (all are renovated now I think) but we still enjoyed it a lot. It was very cute with some nice restaurants and a somewhat swimmable beach.

I go to Mexico for the outdoor space and the balcony area is high on my list. Playa Grande and PBSB give you the best chance of a good balcony and ocean view based on the resort layout. Breakfast every morning watching the boats and whales, happy hour from 4pm til sunset every afternoon and every lunch and supper outside. That’s my Mexico!!!!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for posting the list. We like Cabo because it is an easy flight from California.

I noticed that Playa Grande is owned by Solmar. How does that compare to Grand Solmar Lands' End which is an II property?

Is Cabo Azul an II property?

We stayed twice at Grand Fiesta Americana. Once via RCI and once with HGVC internal trade. Nice resort but the beach is unswimmable and the AI has gotten very expensive. AI is optional though. It is in a gated golf community so if you like to run or walk there are some nice places to safely do this around the golf course.

We are looking forward to trying some new resorts. On our list are the By Hilton Club Timeshares located in a wing of the Hilton Los Cabos which is scheduled to open next year, or one of the above RCI choices. There are many nice resorts in the Cabo SL and SJC areas.

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Is Cabo Azul an II property?
I believe it is. We rented a unit from a Tugger a few years ago & really liked the place. The pool was huge with lots of comfortable lounges. We enjoyed the onsite restaurants & it was within easy walking distance to the town square & other restaurants.

Cyclone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Melia Paradisus Los Cabos Mexico
Hello, I'm an owner at Paradisus Los Cabos (formerly Melia LosCabos before hurricane Odile). It is located on the corridor at pretty much the only swimmable beach, which is next to the Hilton. It id AI optional. I was just there a couple weeks ago. I don't know about the 2 bedroom units, but the 1 bedroom units are adjoining hotel rooms. It is possible the 2BDR has kitchen because it is 3 rooms connected. Although the AI is optional, you cannot even purchase as much as a cup of coffee at hotel, so you are almost forced into it. That was not what the agreement was at all 24 years ago when I bought in. It is a lovely resort with great service, nonetheless.

stimbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sint Maarten Sea Palace
We just returned from a week's stay at Playa Grande. Very nice place. Their AI is optional and not too costly (~$90/day/person). Since PG is next to the town and marina restaurants, we opted to do the AI for 4 days and explore Cabo (and San Jose) for the remainder of our stay. Only (minor) gripe is that you cannot swim at the ocean beach. However, we found a cozy local beach within a 10 minute walk.

Dommt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regina Los cabos. RVC
[Message text deleted. Advertising is NOT permitted in public posts to this forum. Please review the TUG BBS Posting Rules. To learn how to initiate a private conversation click here.]

Last edited by a moderator:

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
Best location on Medano Beach
The one bedrooms have kitchens
Lots of construction for the last few years. I think it might be done by now.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We were in Cabo a few weeks ago and I wouldn't stay anywhere from the Club Cascadas to the Marina. This area is so crowded. The cruise ship passengers can walk down the beach as the new maria malecon extends to the beach. There is a small pond between Club Cascadas and the Villa del Arco which seems to buffer tourists. It seems like the beach in front of the resorts from the marina to Club Cascadas has shrunk and there are way more people trying to use what is left of it.

Bill

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Huh? Why has no one mentioned Casa Dorada on Medano Beach? This is probably the nicest resort on Medano Beach (the best/only swimmable beach in Cabo). I have stayed there once and was amazed.... We like the location, (center of Medano Beach), and loved the resort. All rooms have great ocean views... Even thought about trying to buy there, until I found out it is a expensive travel club, not a direct ownership.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. It’s located on the pacific so no swimmable beach. The rooms are gorgeous and great pools and restaurants and deli. Located on the hill out of Cabo. Free shuttles into PB resorts in town till 11 pm I think. Cab ride back not that bad if you want to stay late in town
Easier to book than other PB resorts.

i agree about the Casa Dorado on Medano. This is an II resort. Once we got an exchange during Thanksgiving here. It was the 3 bedroom Penthouse. My DIL called it the Mick Jagger Suite. Ocean front deck the width of room. Outdoor hot tub and even your own gas grill is brought in. This was a lucky exchange and don’t expect to see it again

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Huh? Why has no one mentioned Casa Dorada on Medano Beach? This is probably the nicest resort on Medano Beach (the best/only swimmable beach in Cabo). I have stayed there once and was amazed.... We like the location, (center of Medano Beach), and loved the resort. All rooms have great ocean views... Even thought about trying to buy there, until I found out it is a expensive travel club, not a direct ownership.
Thanks for the tip. What is the RCI code for this? I just looked and could not find it.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thanks for the tip. What is the RCI code for this? I just looked and could not find it.

Casa Dorada Medano Beach is II. I believe it is MBE. Great location and nice place but not nearly as nice as Cabo Azul.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just looked up Casa Dorado on II. Looks like a nice resort. 4 stars in II. Good availability on Getaways and ACs, however it is showing a mandatory AI Fee of about $98/pp which would add $1400 on top of the room cost of the vacation if two travel. So unless this info in II is incorrect or limited to getaways, AI takes this resort out of the running.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looked up Casa Dorado on II. Looks like a nice resort. 4 stars in II. Good availability on Getaways and ACs, however it is showing a mandatory AI Fee of about $98/pp which would add $1400 on top of the room cost of the vacation if two travel. So unless this info in II is incorrect or limited to getaways, AI takes this resort out of the running.

Booking at Casa Dorada can be very confusing. There are several resorts (4!) around Los Cabos that are called Casa Dorada. I know people who booked at totally different resorts when they thought they had booked at Casa Dorado at Medano Beach. The Casa Dorada at Medano Beach (II Code: MBE) doesn't require you to purchase the all-inclusive package. The location is outstanding if you want to be in the middle of Medano Beach, where the most popular beach bars and restaurants are located, and you can buy just about anything you want from local vendors - from trinkets to beach activities. If you're looking for a quiet beach getaway, I wouldn't book there. During school vacations especially, it can get crazy!