• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for some advice [resort will not accept the transfer]

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Although this doesn't apply to the OP (because the title has been changed and got complicated in the resort transfer phase), I wonder if So leil does deedbacks on their Ta hiti V illage property? I have read reports of owners doing a no-cost deed-back on the S and s of K ahana (so Leil) property.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It just dawned on me that when you send in the transfer application the resort transfer fee would have to accompany it. If the resort rejected the application for insufficient information did they return the fee or did they keep it? Did they inform the applicant that more information was needed or has this just been hanging there with them doing nothing?

The closing company dropped the ball on this. What more information does the resort need? It could be something very simple. The deed will show the name of the closing company and the buyers name and address too.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
It just dawned on me that when you send in the transfer application the resort transfer fee would have to accompany it. If the resort rejected the application for insufficient information did they return the fee or did they keep it?

Is it possible that the "insufficient information" was the absence of the fee?

George

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Is it possible that the "insufficient information" was the absence of the fee?

George

I thought about that too but the response from Soleil should have indicated the payment was missing or didn't go through. I also thought signiture(s) might have been missing but again that wasn't how they responded. Insufficient information would indicate that part of the form didn't get filled out, like a box didn't get checked or they missed filling out a line.

We are in Vegas now and went to the Clark County Recorders office to get a copy of one of our deeds I couldn't locate. Because I told my husband the wrong thing we ended up getting copies of all four of our deeds that are here in Las Vegas. That actually wasn't a bad thing as you get copies of everything and that includes the declaration of value form which lists the names and addresses of the closing or transfer company, the seller and the buyer. If the closing or transfer company held funds in escrow it shows that number also.

I could have ordered the copy of the deed I needed online but since we were going to be here decided to just go get them ourselves.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would bet that the closing was done "in-house" by the new owner. I suspect that they didn't know about the $750 transfer fee, or never intended to complete the transfer in the first place.

The closing company dropped the ball on this. What more information does the resort need? It could be something very simple. The deed will show the name of the closing company and the buyers name and address too.

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
I did some research. I found the copy of the newly recorded deed. The transfer was handled by Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge. They have an F rating with the BBB. The new owner is listed as Blue Water Vacations LLC located in Las Vegas. They don't exist. There's a Blue Water Vacation Homes, but that's a different company. So now there's a deed recorded with a non-existent company but I'm still listed as the owner with Soliel Management. How do I get the deed corrected with my name? I'm assuming I can't sell or give this away without that being done.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would contact a reputable timeshare title company and see if they will help you transfer the title back to your name. You need to be very frank with them about how this all came about.

This is who I use - they are Tuggers, they get high marks on TUG, and they are efficient and inexpensive - usually less than $200.

L.T. Transfers
www.lttransfers.com
readylegal@gmail.com

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
HI, we are also owners at TVV and are looking to sell our TS. We converted to points but would also still be able to use our week at the resort if we choose (is that right of usage?). This has probably been answered but after spending an hour or so reading this thread and searching around TUG, I don't see the answer (sorry). How do I handle the point part of a sale? We can sell/give away the deed to TVV by:
- finding someone who wants it,
-offering to pay the next year's MF,
- paying the TVV ridiculous transfer fee of $750,
- and hiring probably LT to do the transfer paperwork.
- and apparently checking everyone's work for them.....
My question is what happens with the points? RCI said I would retain and be able to use them. Is that true? I am not really interested in continuing with them after we get rid of the TS....but I would likely want to use the points I have accumulated up until now.
Thanks in advance

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
HI, we are also owners at TVV and are looking to sell our TS. We converted to points but would also still be able to use our week at the resort if we choose (is that right of usage?). This has probably been answered but after spending an hour or so reading this thread and searching around TUG, I don't see the answer (sorry). How do I handle the point part of a sale? We can sell/give away the deed to TVV by:
- finding someone who wants it,
-offering to pay the next year's MF,
- paying the TVV ridiculous transfer fee of $750,
- and hiring probably LT to do the transfer paperwork.
- and apparently checking everyone's work for them.....
My question is what happens with the points? RCI said I would retain and be able to use them. Is that true? I am not really interested in continuing with them after we get rid of the TS....but I would likely want to use the points I have accumulated up until now.
Thanks in advance

After the deed gets transferred the next step is to fill out and submit the Membership Transfer Application. You select the use year of the points you want transferred. If you put down 2019 that would keep any 2018 use year or 2017 saved use year points in your account for your own use. Sign into your RCI account, click on the Help Library, then look down the page for Forms and Fees and open it. At the bottom you will see the MTA, Membership Transfer Application. When you open that you can print out the form and instructions.

If you you have a chance to use a good percentage of the points by the time you find a taker you could offer to transfer the entire account to the buyer. It would save them some money. I believe it is $124. If they have to set up their own account it will be $224 but that includes the first year's membership fee for RCI.

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
After the deed gets transferred the next step is to fill out and submit the Membership Transfer Application. You select the use year of the points you want transferred. If you put down 2019 that would keep any 2018 use year or 2017 saved use year points in your account for your own use. Sign into your RCI account, click on the Help Library, then look down the page for Forms and Fees and open it. At the bottom you will see the MTA, Membership Transfer Application. When you open that you can print out the form and instructions.

If you you have a chance to use a good percentage of the points by the time you find a taker you could offer to transfer the entire account to the buyer. It would save them some money. I believe it is $124. If they have to set up their own account it will be $224 but that includes the first year's membership fee for RCI.
Thank you!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I did some research. I found the copy of the newly recorded deed. The transfer was handled by Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge. They have an F rating with the BBB. The new owner is listed as Blue Water Vacations LLC located in Las Vegas. They don't exist. There's a Blue Water Vacation Homes, but that's a different company. So now there's a deed recorded with a non-existent company but I'm still listed as the owner with Soliel Management. How do I get the deed corrected with my name? I'm assuming I can't sell or give this away without that being done.

This thread popped back up and I am curious as to how this worked out.

You had stated that you paid the 2016 MF “so that it can be used”. Did you provide a guest certificate for the 2016 use? If so then my theory is that this “company” had no intentions of ever transferring the timeshare to their name and that they just wanted to scam you for a free use week. Probably not the first time this has happened.

FYI - Blue Water Vacations LLC is still active in Nevada. The link below provides the name and address of the sole member.

https://www.nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/PrintCorp.aspx?lx8nvq=paxpxxTanVMP4fgaZMAQvQ%3d%3d&nt7=0

Last edited:

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
No Guest Certificate was requested. Just the maintenance fees paid. Appreciate the additional information. Had been considering approaching LT Transfers about getting the deed changed back. Curious, though, how finding that an active LLC's name is on the deed complicates things.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be a squirrely solution but could you record a new Deed from whomever is listed as Owner on your original Deed to say yourself or your wife. Then send it to the Resort with the Transfer Fee and look for a new buyer to whom you (the new Owner in the eyes of the Resort) could then Deed it. I know it would cost you $750 but it might be a way out. I'm going on the supposition that Recorders of Deeds record them but don't read them...

George

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico
A few years ago, during the time Grand Pacific Resorts was taking over management of Kauai Beach Villas from Wyndham, I was in process of selling my week there. The new deed had recorded with the state nearly two weeks before GPR assumed responsibility. Wyndham turned their back on their side of things, and never transferred things out of my name. Several months later the closing company (LTT) contacted me about the account, saying things still hadn't been transferred to the new owner's name. I contacted Grand Pacific, explained the situation and timeline, and they confirmed Wyndham had dropped the ball. They said there were a number of transfers Wyndham had failed to complete. A fax of the closing docs to GPR was all it took, and within a few minutes things had been transferred. Follow through is key. (And thanks, LTT, for staying on top of things. If they hadn't called me, no idea how long things might have gone on incomplete.)

Dave
Good to know as I'm dealing GPR Tahoe Vista, so far everything has gone through. Waiting on the deed . GPR owened beach and ski club in South lake Tahoe do you know who bought them.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Resorts are owned by the timeshare owners. GPR is the management company - management companies work for the owners, under the direction of the board.