TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking forward to next timeshare vacation?

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by silentg, Jan 9, 2019.

1. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East, Oyster Bay
    Hi
    We have a timeshare exchange vacation coming up soon. I still get excited about going to a different resort and usually not disappointed. Do you feel this way too?
    There are so many timeshares and so many different kinds. I like my home resorts but going to stay someplace else is an adventure.
    Silentg

Sunshine10, easyrider, Gracey and 5 others like this.
  2. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    I love having in my portfolio where I love to go but I also like having a few to trade to places I don’t own for some variety. This year traded into Main 84 Kenneport Mn penthouse for two consecutive weeks, South Seas in Captiva, DVC Saratoga and Marriotts Oceanwatch in Myrtle Beach. Really happy with my trades.

3. missyrcrews

missyrcrews TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Cold Spring Resort
    Anticipation is part of the fun! We love our home resort (Cold Spring)...we often spend 3 weeks there (April break, 4th of July week, and Christmas week). We visit the same resort in Missouri every year when we see my folks (HICV Timber Creek), and we go to Smuggs and Attitash almost every year as well. I try to mix things up with something different each year, too. Last year, it was Summit at Massanutten. This year, it will be the Kaatskill Mountain Club. Next year, Vacation Village of the Berkshires.

My family truly would just do Cold Spring, Timber Creek, and Smuggs. (We like what we like, Mama!) I like to do a little more exploring, though....so I tend to push the envelope, still staying in the Northeast for the most part.

Great to have so many choices!

4. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

Exchanged into Hyatt Residences, Incline Village -- Im here right now. Also drove over to visit Northstar -- and I can see the Welk Resort has a great location for serious skiers and snowboarders.

easyrider, silentg, klpca and 4 others like this.
  5. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

We have an exchange July 4 week into Lagoon Tower 3 bdrm penthouse on Waikiki. Cannot wait!

@silentg and @missyrcrews are correct. Half the fun is planning.

easyrider, jehb2, silentg and 5 others like this.
  6. PamMo

PamMo Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Yes, I love exploring new places! I don't do a lot of trading, but I DO make good use of Getaways (II) and Last Minute deals (RCI). I have discovered SO many new favorite places through timesharing. I'm not sure I ever would have gone to Sanibel/Captiva, Marbella, Cabo, Steamboat Springs, Newport RI, OBX, Kennebunk, and so many more places(!), if I didn't convince my husband it would be fun (and inexpensive) to give them a try!

7. missyrcrews

Resorts Owned:
    Cold Spring Resort
    April break week is mud season in New England...but we live here, and it's still fun to get out and explore somewhere new. As long as there's an indoor pool and there's a bookstore somewhere close, then the kids will give it a try. That's how we discovered Smuggs years and years ago.

Even the places we've been that weren't favorites (Shawnee, for instance) still had some redeeming quality...not a complete disappointment. Someday when we're not tied to the school calendar, I look forward to using the shoulder season to do even more exploring. My poor longsuffering husband.... :)

easyrider, silentg, mpumilia and 2 others like this.
  8. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    We hardly ever exchange but to this day I still get excited going to our home resorts or any vacation. We usually do a rental type vacation in addition to our 3 timeshare weeks- like through Home Away or at a resort. We own week 30 and 31 and a variable off season pre-assigned floater.

This year the way it worked out is we have to wait until week 30 for our first vacation of the year and then we have a vacation planned for Utah- IF the National Parks are opened!- in Sept. and then our floater is Thanksgiving week. Then XMAS at an INN for a few days.

9. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
    I get all excited for my TS adventures. I leave soon for NOLA, staying at QH and I’m so excited. Each stay or trade is a wonderous adventure just waiting to evolve into greatness.

JohnPaul, easyrider, silentg and 5 others like this.
  10. missyrcrews

Resorts Owned:
    Cold Spring Resort
    WOW...you'll get to be in VT for Thanksgiving. That's awesome! Too bad you have to wait so long into the year to get a break, though.

We aren't traveling for MLK weekend this year...January is looking VERY LONG. ;) Last year spoiled me. I had some little getaway almost every month except for March and May.

11. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    Yes! The last time we had a Thanksgiving week - was just once before- was sadly the year my dad was dying in the hospital so we couldn't go. We are looking forward to it this year and Alex is happy he won't have to drive so far, as he usually comes home for Thanksgiving- the only time he comes home all year.

I know what you mean about breaks. As it is, we always had to wait from January 2nd until around Memorial Day for a day off work- my husband still does- and it was such a loooooong winter/spring! And even though I am not working now, it is going to be even worse waiting until the last week of July! OMG...

I remember your last year- was an awesome schedule with the getaways. It will be interesting what you think of Kaatskill. Never stayed there, but did stay at Vacation Village in the Berkshires- off season- Sept I think it was. Was very nice. We had a lock off and invited another couple and it worked out great.

silentg and Panina like this.
  12. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    Yes! The last time we had a Thanksgiving week - was just once before- was sadly the year my dad was dying in the hospital so we couldn't go. We are looking forward to it this year and Alex is happy he won't have to drive so far, as he usually comes home for Thanksgiving- the only time he comes home all year.

I know what you mean about breaks. As it is, we always had to wait from January 2nd until around Memorial Day for a day off work- my husband still does- and it was such a loooooong winter/spring! And even though I am not working now, it is going to be even worse waiting until the last week of July! OMG...

I remember your last year- was an awesome schedule with the getaways. It will be interesting what you think of Kaatskill. Never stayed there, but did stay at Vacation Village in the Berkshires- off season- Sept I think it was. Was very nice. We had a lock off and invited another couple and it worked out great.

13. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    We went to HH with an II exchange to Spinnaker's Bluewater last April. I'd never been to HH before, some fine clean beaches for sure. This year we're going to Gatlinburg and that's about it. Letting two friends go to Welk San Diego on our points as we'll be busy building a new house. Still have another II cert that's good through October though and we'll get our first "bonus" week from RCI after going to Gatlinburg. Prolly staying at Tree Tops.

14. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East, Oyster Bay
    We are going to Ft Myers Beach soon. It was a marketplace exchange with a TUG member. The Tug members are going to our Calini Week in October. Never been to Ft Myers Beach, but we stayed at Lehigh Acres, Bonita Springs,Charlotte Harbor and Sanibel.
    Timesharing is fun!
    Silentg

15. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Yup. Tomorrow if the planes fly. At probably our favorite (eat your heart out, Bill. (EasyRider) resort. Dinner at Roy's.

Jim

PamMo, easyrider and silentg like this.
  16. FrankB

FrankB TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    VV at Parkway
    Yes...So looking forward to finally using my points that came long with my purchase. I have 3 timeshares lined up for 2020---all 2 bedrooms...i know it is way out there but had to do some serious planning with 4 kids with one in college.

I landed these three for about 109k in points which I think is decent for a new guy. I have been looking for about 4 to 5 months now....really wanted to get Captiva Islands or Sanibel but will keep looking as those don't last long especially the 2 bedrooms which are scarce anyways.

Memorial day week----The commodore beach club in Madeira Beach Florida 17.5 k points...not sure about this one

June 13 to 20-----Little Gull in Longboat Key Florida 50.5 k points awaiting an upgrade if approved

Dec 12-19th----The Charter Club of Marco Beach 41.5 k points

17. MrockStar

MrockStar Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Hi silentg came across your post, i think your staying in my tropical sands exchange. hope you had a great time there in Fort Myers Beach. Al

18. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    I sold my last Weeks ownership just prior to buying WorldMark, so I don't have a Home Resort anymore. That means everywhere we stay is a new experience or an old favorite. I like that.

This year we're going for a week in New Orleans (have only spent part of one day there, more than 30 years ago.) It'll be excellent to see the Big Easy for a few days. Then backing it up with a cruise from there to the Yucatan with my dearest, oldest friends. Then in September we're taking a favorite Sister in Law to Yellowstone, where I love to visit, but she's never been. Staying at the Worldmark West Yellowstone, so will have the best of all worlds, and we can show her the Park from an experienced point of view. I'm a happy guy, and definitely looking forward to these big trips this year.

Dave

19. easyrider

easyrider TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
    Yesterday I traded some VI points for a couple of weeks in Maui. Later this week I might be trading some Mexico reservations for more VI points. We will decide where next after our Sedona to Moab trip.

We still have a couple of weeks in SFX that need to be used up next year. I really like our Worldmarks. I think we have 120 destinations without trading. I think VI has close to 50 destinations without trading. Our UVCI's have 6 nice Mexico beach resorts to use without trading.

We might take that four bedroom penthouse in Mazatlan Jim. I think by the time I make a couple of direct deposits I will have enough points for two weeks. I hope we get building d. How was the view in building b ?

Bill

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    mpumilia likes this.
  20. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I lusted after one of those units. The view was great (the ph was just 1 floor up from mine in B) but I think I might prefer one of the others. Hard to beat perfect.

easyrider likes this.
  21. hjsweet2002

hjsweet2002 TUG Member

We always get excited about our Wyndham Vacations. Williamsburg in Feb with friends, Smoky Mountain in April, Bentley Brook Memorial Day Weekend with two of our children families, Nashville in July with brothers and a sister in law, Bentley Brook for Thanksgiving and after years of trying finally Christmas at Bentley Brook. We have gone to places we have only dreamed about.

Gracey, Sunshine10 and mpumilia like this.
  22. talkamotta

talkamotta TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

For many years our trips were camping, soccer tournaments....1 hotel room with five kids. I thought occupancy rules were more guidelines. . Now my adult children are spoiled. It's a wonderful life when your granddaughter calls you up and asks if I will take her and her friend to Hawaii for high school graduation. Of course! So my son, 4 children and myself spent 2 weeks in Hawaii. I thought going to Hawaii was a dream. It changes people's lives....My granddaughter (the same one) Knew how great Hawaii was because of me so she chose to go to BYU Hawaii and because she has a 4.0 gpa her tuition is paid. Her weekend hikes in Oahu are amazing. My grandkids from Florida go with us for one week every October. They know what the Smokey Mts are, Charleston and Savanah, etc. Alyssa says they teach us about the history of these places in school but she said I already knew that.

It's great when your grandchildren are watching Psych and they are standing on a bridge and you walk by and say "oh, that's the full suspension bridge in Vancouver" . They are stunned, been there done that. I am also known as the FUN grandma. Jeff and I go about 12 weeks of the year, every quarter. Longboat Key is always every year, Hawaii 2 out of 3 years, Samoset every 3 years but mostly different places. There is just so much to explore.

Sunshine10, mpumilia and Gracey like this.
  23. Magic1962

Magic1962 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
    I love the adventure of finding the right place to Timeshare... our LAST different place we went to was Hawaii but lately have been going with family every year to Hilton Head Island.... One of our daughters said "we have been to HH 3 years in a row... let's try something different" so next year we will mix it up and then the following year probably go back to Bonnet Creek.... I love the planning.... Dave

Sunshine10 and mpumilia like this.
  24. MrockStar

MrockStar Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

We leave This saturday for Tradewinds resort on St Petes Beach FL. Cant wait, firsts time i have a Gulf front Studio with a balcony. Yesss.

Sunshine10 and Panina like this.
  25. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

There are resorts where we own that we always look forward to going to like Marriott's Desert Springs, specifically Villas I. We can go back several times a year and we still look forward to it. The views are always great and the villa is super spacious. I am usually more adventurous than my husband and love to look up 4-5 star resorts and areas to exchange into where we have not been to. We are both looking forward to our September trip to Marriott's Heritage Club in Hilton Head and Marriott's OceanWatch Villas in Myrtle Beach which are all new to us.

Sunshine10 and Panina like this.
  26. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    It always amazes me I never get tired of Key West or Marco Island. Just like you we still look forward to it. We sprinkle in new places but most are what we love. Hilton Head is very nice but I love going to Marriotts Oceanwatch in Myrtle Beach. You will like both.

VacationForever likes this.