• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to buy a timeshare in Wyndham Club

apinksweater

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are a family of 6, and vacations are prohibitory expensive. So when our friends invited us to Wyndham Bonnet Creek, we of course were sucked into the timeshare experience.

We passed up the hard sell (it was a 2 yr trial contract- 240k club points, 1700 down, 80.00 a month for 24 months) but we never got it out of our heads. We still have the contract if we really wanted to go through with it.

Anyway.

Ive been researching and I have been intrigued by the ebay Resale of timeshares. I think I may have found the perfect one for our family, but given my being a novice- I have become a member of the site and am asking the experts to advise!

Ultimately, we would like one at Bonnet Creek (But in reality, Im of the mid it doesnt matter where it is from, because as long as we can exchange it into the Wyndham system we can go where we want, right?

Here is what we found:

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Size: 168,000 POINTS
ANNIVERSAY DATE JAN 1ST
Usage Time:

DEEDED
Never Expires
Maintenance Fees:
$1155 Yearly
TAKE OVER ONCE TRANSFER COMPLETE
Availability:
2019 BUT WILL GET 2018 POINTS

Next Years DEPOSIT IS JAN 1ST 2020
Attention: 308K AVAIL TO BUYER

The deed + Transfer fee is 400.00 Im watching the listing- IM not sure what my max bid will be on this.

From what I read, its a point (accessible anywhere in the Wyndham system) with about 96.00 a month/1155 yearly MF.

Is this is a good buy? We want to use our timeshare throughout the Wyndham system

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd say go for any Wyndham resort with the cheapest maintenance fee. We are a family of 6 and find that 300K points gets us 1 full week in most 2 or 3 bedrooms or a good number of mini vacations a year. 189K is a good starting point as there are some resorts where that is the least you need for a 2bed. Buying a Hawaiian resort gets you into the Outrigger Club in addition to RCI and Wyndham and have some of the lower MFs

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Keep looking. Those maintenance fees are very high, $6.88 per thousand points. You can do so much better than that by owning at say Grand Desert 1, 2, or 3, Panama City Beach, National Harbor, Waikiki Beach Walk, Bali Hai, Canterbury, Ocean Boulevard Tower 3 only, Kingsgate, and there are others too that I'm not remembering at the moment. All of them have maintenance fees of probably no more than $5.25 per thousand points and some less which would included the program fee and is based on owning at least 231,000 points. Sedona and Smoky Mountains, 2 is better than 1, and both are little higher than the other resorts I mentioned but still not too high. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you don't own at least 231,000 points you will pay the minimum program fee of $131 instead of .56 per thousand points. I recommend you stay away from owning at Bonnet Creek or Club Wyndham Access points because the maintenance fees are also higher. At 10 months you can book anywhere no matter what resort your points are at.

Say you owned 308,000 points which is what most of us would likely recommend for a family of 6. The maintenance fees for 2018 for that many points with the program fee included would be:
CWA (Club Wyndham Access): $1946.56
Bonnet Creek: $1980.44
Grand Desert 3 (I'll use 3 because it is higher than 1 or 2): $1607.76
National Harbor: $1447.60
It is important to understand that you will owe these maintenance fees every year. I used National Harbor and Grand Desert 3 to show the range even within the lower maintenance fee resorts. Grand Desert 3 is on the higher end of the list of resorts I mentioned and National Harbor is on the lower end but not the lowest.

The savings is $372.68 between just Grand Desert 3 and Bonnet Creek or $338.80 between Grand Desert 3 and CWA. Wouldn't that be enough to buy your groceries for a week on vacation with some treats for the kids and steak for dinner one night? If you found something at a resort with lower maintenance fees than Grand Desert 3 the savings would be even more.

With a family of 6 if you don't already need a three bedroom unit, you soon will. People my husband worked with always asked how we could afford to vacation like we did. They knew what the pay was for the job and they knew that for some of those years I was a stay at home mom until our son was finishing high school and I went back to work to pay for college. What most of them spent just eating their meals out for a week's vacation was as much as the whole week of vacation cost us. After the first year or so of paying your maintenance fees on a monthly basis they become like any other bill in the family budget. You tend to forget to include them as part of the vacation expense. When you can drive to a resort and don't even have to stay overnight on the road that is a really huge savings. My husband had at times traveled a lot for his job so staying in an apartment/condo type unit at a resort instead of a hotel or motel room was wonderful to him. Not having to eat all his meal in restaurants was another thing he loved about staying in the timeshares. I used to think it would be wonderful to eat all your meals out, not have to shop, cook or clean up after, especially since his company was paying for the meals. But before our son was born we had to live out of a motel for almost a month during a move for his company until we closed on our house and I soon understood how he felt. When we stay at the timeshares we usually go out to lunch or dinner a couple of times during the week. Not only do we save a huge amount of money but less of our vacation time is spent waiting to be seated in restaurants, waiting to order, waiting for the food and then waiting for the check. It is an added bonus that we feel better when we aren't eating so many meals out and are able to make healthier choices when we make our own meals.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
As usual, I agree with Jan. She makes very compelling arguments.

First, slow down. If you jump in too eagerly, you will make mistakes -- bad purchases.

You need more points than 168K. I agree with Jan that 308K is probably the minimum contract that will let you reserve the size unit you need in a decent time of year (probably not prime season at most resorts). 308K is a vary common size (multiples of 77K for some reason). I would look for 500K although contracts that size seem to be harder to find than they used to be.

Initial cost and maintenance fees tend to vary inversely. Do a little arithmetic and figure out how long it would take to recover the additional cost of acquisition.

ASHLEY TELLA

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resort
[Text removed. Solicitations not permitted in discussion forums. Please review forum Rules.]

Last edited by a moderator:

ASHLEY TELLA

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resort
[Text removed. Solicitations not permitted in discussion forums. Please review forum Rules.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Keep looking. Those maintenance fees are very high, $6.88 per thousand points. You can do so much better than that by owning at say Grand Desert 1, 2, or 3, Panama City Beach, National Harbor, Waikiki Beach Walk, Bali Hai, Canterbury, Ocean Boulevard Tower 3 only, Kingsgate, and there are others too that I'm not remembering at the moment. All of them have maintenance fees of probably no more than $5.25 per thousand points and some less which would included the program fee and is based on owning at least 231,000 points. Sedona and Smoky Mountains, 2 is better than 1, and both are little higher than the other resorts I mentioned but still not too high. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you don't own at least 231,000 points you will pay the minimum program fee of $131 instead of .56 per thousand points. I recommend you stay away from owning at Bonnet Creek or Club Wyndham Access points because the maintenance fees are also higher. At 10 months you can book anywhere no matter what resort your points are at.

Say you owned 308,000 points which is what most of us would likely recommend for a family of 6. The maintenance fees for 2018 for that many points with the program fee included would be:
It is important to understand that you will owe these maintenance fees every year. I used National Harbor and Grand Desert 3 to show the range even within the lower maintenance fee resorts. Grand Desert 3 is on the higher end of the list of resorts I mentioned and National Harbor is on the lower end but not the lowest.

The savings is $372.68 between just Grand Desert 3 and Bonnet Creek or $338.80 between Grand Desert 3 and CWA. Wouldn't that be enough to buy your groceries for a week on vacation with some treats for the kids and steak for dinner one night? If you found something at a resort with lower maintenance fees than Grand Desert 3 the savings would be even more.

With a family of 6 if you don't already need a three bedroom unit, you soon will. People my husband worked with always asked how we could afford to vacation like we did. They knew what the pay was for the job and they knew that for some of those years I was a stay at home mom until our son was finishing high school and I went back to work to pay for college. What most of them spent just eating their meals out for a week's vacation was as much as the whole week of vacation cost us. After the first year or so of paying your maintenance fees on a monthly basis they become like any other bill in the family budget. You tend to forget to include them as part of the vacation expense. When you can drive to a resort and don't even have to stay overnight on the road that is a really huge savings. My husband had at times traveled a lot for his job so staying in an apartment/condo type unit at a resort instead of a hotel or motel room was wonderful to him. Not having to eat all his meal in restaurants was another thing he loved about staying in the timeshares. I used to think it would be wonderful to eat all your meals out, not have to shop, cook or clean up after, especially since his company was paying for the meals. But before our son was born we had to live out of a motel for almost a month during a move for his company until we closed on our house and I soon understood how he felt. When we stay at the timeshares we usually go out to lunch or dinner a couple of times during the week. Not only do we save a huge amount of money but less of our vacation time is spent waiting to be seated in restaurants, waiting to order, waiting for the food and then waiting for the check. It is an added bonus that we feel better when we aren't eating so many meals out and are able to make healthier choices when we make our own meals.

Hi Jen,
hope you can answer, I thought Deeded vs CWA points are different?

but reading what you've written, after 10 month of buying off Resale (3rd party), either Deeded or CWA points I can use the either points for all Resort/Hotels listed via https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ --> Resorts without any other fees/housekeeping fees. etc???

(1) Club Wyndham Plus Resorts
(2) Affiliate Resorts
(3) Associate Resorts
(4) Associate Hotel
(5) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Resort
(6) Wyndham Club Pass Resort (i think this is WorldMark???)
(7) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Associate Hotel

Thank you.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score

is there a chart somewhere that list out maintenance fees per Deeded resorts? it seems so far what i've read, better to buy Deeded (CWP) vs Access (CWA), unless i'm missing something here? and you can start use CWP points in booking like CWA starting at 10 month? where CWA has no restrictions?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Hi Jen,
hope you can answer, I thought Deeded vs CWA points are different?

but reading what you've written, after 10 month of buying off Resale (3rd party), either Deeded or CWA points I can use the either points for all Resort/Hotels listed via https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ --> Resorts without any other fees/housekeeping fees. etc???

(1) Club Wyndham Plus Resorts
(2) Affiliate Resorts
(3) Associate Resorts
(4) Associate Hotel
(5) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Resort
(6) Wyndham Club Pass Resort (i think this is WorldMark???)
(7) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Associate Hotel

Thank you.

I'm not going to be able to answer your question as well as I would like. The only thing I can tell you is that if you buy resale points you won't have Plus Partners and won't be able to book the Club Pass resorts, (7). Since most of the World Mark resorts are on the West Coast that isn't a deterrent for many people and there are some Club Wyndham Plus resorts. But when you buy resale you won't be paying the higher program fees to have Plus Partners either, $0.58 per thousand points or a minimum of $135 instead of $0.60 per thousand points or a minimum of $155 to have it.

With Club Wyndham Access points you have a contract with Wyndham for X number of points per year. The maintenance fees for CWA points for 2019 are $5.99 per thousand points plus the program fee. With Club Wyndham Select points you have an actual deed at a resort. You can find resales for deeds at resorts with maintenance fees close to or under $5.00 pr thousand points, again that is without the program fee. If you aren't looking to book a very high demand week at the high demand resorts in a 3 or 4 bedroom unit which you would likely need the Advance Reservation Priority at 13 months to get, most people find they can book what they want at 10 months. Maintenance fees do matter because you will pay them every year for as long as you have the points. Just to give you an example, our combined maintenance fees for 2019 are $4.58 without the program fees. I'm going to kill two birds with one stone and use 233,000 points because you would need to own that many resale points, total in your account not per deed or contract, to get above the minimum program fee. So our maintenance fees for 233k points for 2019 will be $1067.14. Someone with 233k Club Wyndham Access points will pay $1395.67. That is $328.53 more than we am paying on the same number of points. Think about the size of your family, whether or not you will absolutely have to have a high demand week at a high demand resort every year and shop around before you decide what to buy. Far too many people that think they absolutely have to have for instance the week of Christmas/New Year or Easter week at Bonnet Creek only to find out afterwards that isn't realistic in their family budget. It isn't something they are going to spend the money do every year. The flights are expensive then, if you are travelling from or thru a State that gets snow the drive can be awful at that time of year although not likely for Easter this year as it is very late, and tickets for the whole family are very expensive. Other people find that they spent most of their time at the Disney parks and could have stayed at Star Island or Cypress Palms for a lot fewer points since they were hardly at the resort at all. IMO very few owners are realistic about where they will go and how they will use their points until they have owned for at least a year and for some two or three years. Quite often after people have owned for a while they readjust their portfolio of what they own. Some dump CWA or Bonnet Creek points in favor of something with lower maintenance fees and some people who have low maintenance fees add a few CWA points to give themselves ARP at a larger number of resorts because they found they actually would use it. I'm in favor of starting with something that costs you very little to purchase, has low a maintenance fees rate and learn to use the Wyndham system firsthand, not from what you think you know from reading the posts. You can always adjust your portfolio to include more points later when you have more informed personal knowledge.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
is there a chart somewhere that list out maintenance fees per Deeded resorts? it seems so far what i've read, better to buy Deeded (CWP) vs Access (CWA), unless i'm missing something here? and you can start use CWP points in booking like CWA starting at 10 month? where CWA has no restrictions?

At the top of the Wyndham Forum there are stickies for the 2017, 2018 and 2019 maintenance fees at different resorts. The 2017 sticky has more resorts listed than the other two but keep in mind that those numbers are two years out of date. There is no comprehensive list of all the resorts anywhere that I know of. If anyone can find and share a current comprehensive list they would be a hero on TUG!

You can use both CWA and CWS (deeded) points at 10 months with no restrictions.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
I'm not going to be able to answer your question as well as I would like. The only thing I can tell you is that if you buy resale points you won't have Plus Partners and won't be able to book the Club Pass resorts, (7). Since most of the World Mark resorts are on the West Coast that isn't a deterrent for many people and there are some Club Wyndham Plus resorts. But when you buy resale you won't be paying the higher program fees to have Plus Partners either, $0.58 per thousand points or a minimum of $135 instead of $0.60 per thousand points or a minimum of $155 to have it.

With Club Wyndham Access points you have a contract with Wyndham for X number of points per year. The maintenance fees for CWA points for 2019 are $5.99 per thousand points plus the program fee. With Club Wyndham Select points you have an actual deed at a resort. You can find resales for deeds at resorts with maintenance fees close to or under $5.00 pr thousand points, again that is without the program fee. If you aren't looking to book a very high demand week at the high demand resorts in a 3 or 4 bedroom unit which you would likely need the Advance Reservation Priority at 13 months to get, most people find they can book what they want at 10 months. Maintenance fees do matter because you will pay them every year for as long as you have the points. Just to give you an example, our combined maintenance fees for 2019 are $4.58 without the program fees. I'm going to kill two birds with one stone and use 233,000 points because you would need to own that many resale points, total in your account not per deed or contract, to get above the minimum program fee. So our maintenance fees for 233k points for 2019 will be $1067.14. Someone with 233k Club Wyndham Access points will pay $1395.67. That is $328.53 more than we am paying on the same number of points. Think about the size of your family, whether or not you will absolutely have to have a high demand week at a high demand resort every year and shop around before you decide what to buy. Far too many people that think they absolutely have to have for instance the week of Christmas/New Year or Easter week at Bonnet Creek only to find out afterwards that isn't realistic in their family budget. It isn't something they are going to spend the money do every year. The flights are expensive then, if you are travelling from or thru a State that gets snow the drive can be awful at that time of year although not likely for Easter this year as it is very late, and tickets for the whole family are very expensive. Other people find that they spent most of their time at the Disney parks and could have stayed at Star Island or Cypress Palms for a lot fewer points since they were hardly at the resort at all. IMO very few owners are realistic about where they will go and how they will use their points until they have owned for at least a year and for some two or three years. Quite often after people have owned for a while they readjust their portfolio of what they own. Some dump CWA or Bonnet Creek points in favor of something with lower maintenance fees and some people who have low maintenance fees add a few CWA points to give themselves ARP at a larger number of resorts because they found they actually would use it. I'm in favor of starting with something that costs you very little to purchase, has low a maintenance fees rate and learn to use the Wyndham system firsthand, not from what you think you know from reading the posts. You can always adjust your portfolio to include more points later when you have more informed personal knowledge.

Thank you Jan for very informative details - some follow up questions - I am not sure what you and other folks talked about 10 month? So let say I have Bonnet Creek (Orlando) deeded with points with use year start at Jan 1 -

(1) I cannot use those points for Hawaii until October ? Which means I only have 3 months to travel using points until December?

(2) Or starting October, I can use current year points and make reservation for August of next year (10-months) ?

(3) or I can only book Hawaii up to 10 months early? So if I want to travel December of same use year, I can only start making reservations in February?

(4) from example 2, another type of question - Jan 2018 start Use Year - expire end of use year Dec 31, 2018 - if I were to make reservation for 2019 using 2018 use year points today Dec 2018 - would that consider “used” or “expired” because haven’t check-in at resort yet?

I guess I’m confused by what is 10 month mean? 10 month in advance of check-in date? Or 10 months after points given?

And also if reserve resorts, would points consider “used” or “expired” if were using current use year to reserve next year resort reservations? As long as I do not cancel?

Thanks

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Your use year pertains to the UY in which the reservation starts. Let's go with Jan 1 - Dec 31 just for simplicity. You can make a reservation at any Club Wyndham Plus (#1 on your list) resort 10 months in advance of your check-in date. The use year of the points is that of the date you check-in, not the date you make the reservation. So today, 12/30/2018, I can make a reservation at any resort for a reservation starting as late as 10/30/2019, using my 2019 use year points. However, if I want to make a reservation starting on 10/31/19 through 1/30/19 (10-13 months in advance - and actually 10/31-12/31 would use 2019 UY points, and 1/1/20-1/30/20 would use 2020 UY points), I can only make that reservation at resorts where I have ARP. If someone owns CWA, that will include some inventory at all of the CWA list of resorts. If someone is deeded, it includes that resort(s) only.

So in short, 10 months in advance of check-in is when you can make a reservation at any resort. You can do that on any day of the year.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thank you Jan for very informative details - some follow up questions - I am not sure what you and other folks talked about 10 month? So let say I have Bonnet Creek (Orlando) deeded with points with use year start at Jan 1 -

(1) I cannot use those points for Hawaii until October ? Which means I only have 3 months to travel using points until December?

(2) Or starting October, I can use current year points and make reservation for August of next year (10-months) ?

(3) or I can only book Hawaii up to 10 months early? So if I want to travel December of same use year, I can only start making reservations in February?

(4) from example 2, another type of question - Jan 2018 start Use Year - expire end of use year Dec 31, 2018 - if I were to make reservation for 2019 using 2018 use year points today Dec 2018 - would that consider “used” or “expired” because haven’t check-in at resort yet?

I guess I’m confused by what is 10 month mean? 10 month in advance of check-in date? Or 10 months after points given?

And also if reserve resorts, would points consider “used” or “expired” if were using current use year to reserve next year resort reservations? As long as I do not cancel?

Thanks

You can book your home resort, where you are deeded, at 13-10 months. That is considered Advance Reservation Priority. With Club Wyndham Access points you have ARP at all the resorts in CWA and that inventory. Not all the inventory at those resorts is in CWA however so keep that in mind. At 10 months and in you can book all the resorts and the available inventory with either kind of points. As Braindead posted we say at 10 months points are points. Meaning it doesn't matter where you are deeded or if the points are CWA you can book whatever is available from 10 months on in.

So right now if I wanted to use my APR I could book whatever is available and I have enough points to book for up to 14 nights starting March 30, 2020, 13 months from today. You cannot combine points from several deeds or the points from deeds at other resorts to make reservations with ARP. If you are counting on being able to use the ARP you must own enough points at the resort you want to book. Say you own 254k points at resort A and another 210K points at resort B. So the total you own is 464k points but you've used some of those points so only have 224K available in your current use year. Lucky you because the stay you want to book at resort A is for 224K points so you can book that stay because you own 254K Undivided Interest, UDI, at that resort. However if you wanted to book resort B and the stay you wanted was also for 224 points, you couldn't use your ARP to book it because you only own 210K UDI points at resort B even though you have 224K points available to use.

I believe you can combine the points from more than one CWA contract for ARP.

For reservations in the express window you can borrow points from your next use year if you are short points in your current use year. You can also rent points at the rate of $12 per thousand points.

CW-Plus-Reservation-Timeline.jpg

Last edited:

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
You can book your home resort, where you are deeded, at 13-10 months. That is considered Advance Reservation Priority. With Club Wyndham Access points you have ARP at all the resorts in CWA and that inventory. Not all the inventory at those resorts is in CWA however so keep that in mind. At 10 months and in you can book all the resorts and the available inventory with either kind of points. As Braindead posted we say at 10 months points are points. Meaning it doesn't matter where you are deeded or if the points are CWA you can book whatever is available from 10 months on in.

So right now if I wanted to use my APR I could book whatever is available and I have enough points to book for up to 14 nights starting March 30, 2020, 13 months from today. You cannot combine points from several deeds or the points from deeds at other resorts to make reservations with ARP. If you are counting on being able to use the ARP you must own enough points at the resort you want to book. Say you own 254k points at resort A and another 210K points at resort B. So the total you own is 364k points but you've used some of those points so only have 224K available in your current use year. Lucky you because the stay you want to book at resort A is for 224K points so you can book that stay because you own 254K Undivided Interest, UDI, at that resort. However if you wanted to book resort B and the stay you wanted was also for 224 points, you couldn't use your ARP to book it because you only own 210K UDI points at resort B even though you have 224K points available to use.

I believe you can combine the points from more than one CWA contract for ARP.

For reservations in the express window you can borrow points from your next use year if you are short points in your current use year. You can also rent points at the rate of $12 per thousand points.

CW-Plus-Reservation-Timeline.jpg

I got it now! ^-^

Continue with your resort A/B example - what if combined 364k never used in A or B - can I combine and use at Resort C that require 300k points ?

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Your use year pertains to the UY in which the reservation starts. Let's go with Jan 1 - Dec 31 just for simplicity. You can make a reservation at any Club Wyndham Plus (#1 on your list) resort 10 months in advance of your check-in date. The use year of the points is that of the date you check-in, not the date you make the reservation. So today, 12/30/2018, I can make a reservation at any resort for a reservation starting as late as 10/30/2019, using my 2019 use year points. However, if I want to make a reservation starting on 10/31/19 through 1/30/19 (10-13 months in advance - and actually 10/31-12/31 would use 2019 UY points, and 1/1/20-1/30/20 would use 2020 UY points), I can only make that reservation at resorts where I have ARP. If someone owns CWA, that will include some inventory at all of the CWA list of resorts. If someone is deeded, it includes that resort(s) only.

So in short, 10 months in advance of check-in is when you can make a reservation at any resort. You can do that on any day of the year.

Gotcha now! Thank you - darn so the year stay (check-in year) is the same as points’ use year... thanks

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I got it now! ^-^

Continue with your resort A/B example - what if combined 364k never used in A or B - can I combine and use at Resort C that require 300k points ?

Nope.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score

That’s a bummer :( I thought possible since points are points ? So no because they are consider different accounts? So I would have to use 254k (a) separate from 210k (b) {not sure where 364k came from}... so to reserve C will have to find a room that’s within 210k or 254k ? Not combined 464k ?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
That’s a bummer :( I thought possible since points are points ? So no because they are consider different accounts? So I would have to use 254k (a) separate from 210k (b) {not sure where 364k came from}... so to reserve C will have to find a room that’s within 210k or 254k ? Not combined 464k ?

Sorry my typo 464K is the total of A - 254k and B - 210K. For any reservations in the standard and express periods the points can be combined. It doesn't matter whether they are from A or B and you can book whatever is available at all the Club Wyndham Plus resorts.

It is only for the ARP reservations that you have own enough points at that resort to book the reservation you want. So if you are booking resort A and the reservation is for 254K points or less or if you are booking resort B and the reservation is for 210K points or less in either case you are good. Just have to remember that you can borrow points from your next use year or rent points for reservations in the express period but you cannot borrow or rent points for ARP reservations.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Sorry my typo 464K is the total of A - 254k and B - 210K. For any reservations in the standard and express periods the points can be combined. It doesn't matter whether they are from A or B and you can book whatever is available at all the Club Wyndham Plus resorts.

It is only for the ARP reservations that you have own enough points at that resort to book the reservation you want. So if you are booking resort A and the reservation is for 254K points or less or if you are booking resort B and the reservation is for 210K points or less in either case you are good. Just have to remember that you can borrow points from your next use year or rent points for reservations in the express period but you cannot borrow or rent points for ARP reservations.

Just to confirm, at month 10 - I can use all 464k (combine from A&B) to book any resort available in Club Wyndham Plus Resorts ? So let say Resort C is one of the Club Wyndham Plus Resort that cost 300k to stay, I can use the combined points of 464k at month 9 to redeem this resort C cost 300k points - leaving 164k to use other times just as long as before end of use year?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Just to confirm, at month 10 - I can use all 464k (combine from A&B) to book any resort available in Club Wyndham Plus Resorts ? So let say Resort C is one of the Club Wyndham Plus Resort that cost 300k to stay, I can use the combined points of 464k at month 9 to redeem this resort C cost 300k points - leaving 164k to use other times just as long as before end of use year?

Yes, you've got it!

Don't feel bad it took almost all of us a while to learn this stuff too. I'm one of those people who could read the directory over several times but it really wouldn't come together for me until I actually got on the website and played around with it. If Ron Parise is reading this, sure I wasn't jealous that you apparently learned most of what you needed to know from just reading the directory.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Yes, you've got it!

Don't feel bad it took almost all of us a while to learn this stuff too. I'm one of those people who could read the directory over several times but it really wouldn't come together for me until I actually got on the website and played around with it. If Ron Parise is reading this, sure I wasn't jealous that you apparently learned most of what you needed to know from just reading the directory.

Awesome! Now comes shopping for resale points - thank you very awesome answers Jen - thank you for all your time!!!!!!

I think I got it all down ^_^ thanks!!!

Rudy3b

Reaction score
This was the absolute most informative post I've found yet. I've been wondering about the Access vs Deeded question and the ability to use points from multiple deeds. Jan, Thank you so much for your time in answering questions for us newbies. Our family is really looking forward to starting our vacation adventures!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
This was the absolute most informative post I've found yet. I've been wondering about the Access vs Deeded question and the ability to use points from multiple deeds. Jan, Thank you so much for your time in answering questions for us newbies. Our family is really looking forward to starting our vacation adventures!

CWS vs CWA only matters for ARP during the 10-13 month reservation windows. As Braindead always say, at 10 months or less out, points are points, and it doesn't matter where the points come from (CWS, CWA, PR, developer, resale, etc.).