• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lost personal item found at W 57st location

Reaction score
I was at the HGVC W 57st location and left a small notebook with my personal business notes in it in my room and a few day later discovered it was missing and figured I must have left it at the hotel.

I called the hotel and luckily the housekeeper turned it into lost and found. They shipped it to me via FedEx ($40) and I am super happy as it was not valuable in terms of monetary value, but did contain irreplaceable notes from some of my business meetings.

I have the name of the housekeeper that found it and now I want to send her manager a thank you letter and gift card for my appreciation.

Thoughts?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
First, cool that this happened.
Second, yes, I think that this is a very nice gesture.

Question (not impacting the above, but curious): Did they spring for the $40, or did they assess the charge to you?

Cheers.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the name of the housekeeper that found it and now I want to send her manager a thank you letter and gift card for my appreciation.
That would be a welcome gesture. You might also consider mentioning the housekeeper in your review- though not the circumstances. Those folks work hard for low wages and some recognition goes a long way.

Jim

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@DazedandConfused That would be a fantastic gesture because this way above and beyond the norm.

I have lost items countless times at hotels and never recovered them. (including WKORVN where I left earrings on the bathroom counter this summer). I called two hours after checkout with no luck.

The W57 staff rocks and this is another reason why I like staying there so much. As owners they recognize and welcome us like we are returning to a second home and it is much appreciated.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It is indeed nice to hear of these instances of great customer service. Thanks for sharing!

Kurt

Reaction score
I had to pay the $40 FedEx to Hilton (next day box) as it did not fit in a envelope and I included a super nice letter to the housekeeping supervisor with a $50 Visa gift card to the employee. I asked that they just send me the papers and throw away the notebook, but they said they did not want to open the notebook to take that chance on making a mistake. I also included the HGVC report that came with my notebook via shipping that named the employee that found it and had some other tracking info on it.

Again, the notebook is worthless but I had about 40 pages of handwritten notes from several business meetings and it would have been problematic for me if they were lost. No great trade secrets, but the information was worth much more than $40 shipping + $50 gift car to me.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Makes me happy that W. 57th is my favorite Home Resort :)

Cheers.