• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lowballers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I've made hundreds of hotel reservations online, and I never call the hotel to follow up. I show up, and they give me a room.

It is very common for hotels to overbook and turn people away at check-in, or "walk them." I wouldn't dream of making a long trip and showing up without verifying a reservation. BTW - once it was for a trip to NY and when I called to confirm, they told me that my reservation had been canceled (I did not cancel it -in fact I'd already paid for it) so I was VERY glad I called before I showed up in NYC near midnight after a cross-country flight!

someone who has one confirmation from somewhere and photoshop could.

Yes, they "could," but space junk "could" fall on my head at any second, or lightning "could" strike me, or a number of other things "could" happen - but the odds against it are enormous.

Speculating about what "could" happen is not the same as posting actual facts about it happening.

Don't you think we'd hear about it on TUG, if rental scams were common? They just aren't - except the other way around, with the renter trying to scam the owner.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Bruce & Beefnot - you current discussion is completely off-topic. I removed your posts - please take it private if you want to have a personal battle.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce & Beefnot - you current discussion is completely off-topic. I removed your posts - please take it private if you want to have a personal battle.

But it was so invigorating. Alas...

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is very common for hotels to overbook and turn people away at check-in, or "walk them."

Sure, but they'll provide equal or better accomodations near by, and provide transport to that accomodations. That's not the same thing as a scam.

People will always have a higher trust factor with a known quantity than a person they don't know. Fact of life. It's not necessarily good or bad, it just is.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you ever heard of someone who verified their confirmation and was turned away at check-in? Of course not - you are just making it up as you go along... as usual....

Reservations can be cancelled by accident or on purpose by an owner after the renter confirms the confirmation with the resort.

That being said said those chances are real slim.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've moved on with my life.

e.bram

Reaction score
Denice(and others):
You can talk about renting both as a landlord and tenant w/o ever done either. Just as you can talk about scammers w/o being a scammer or scammee. Many including TUG Brain have.( I assume Brian is neither scammer or scammee).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Denice(and others):
You can talk about renting both as a landlord and tenant w/o ever done either. Just as you can talk about scammers w/o being a scammer or scammee. Many including TUG Brain have.( I assume Brian is neither scammer or scammee).

You can - but when you post mis-information on TUG, or are simply trolling - you are going to get called on it. Ride does both.

Oscar_Meyer_Balogna.jpg

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
DeniseM, you are one spicy lady. You don't let BS walk.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can - but when you post mis-information on TUG, or are simply trolling - you are going to get called on it. Ride does both.

Oscar_Meyer_Balogna.jpg

All we need now is some bread and some cheese. Would make for a mighty fine sandwich as this drama continues.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score

Meh, you verified yourself that there is risk with renting...you know people can read back posts and see what YOU'VE written, right DeniseM?

To imply that i'm spreading misinformation, when YOU have confirmed it in your posts is a bit disingenuous

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meh, you verified yourself that there is risk with renting...you know people can read back posts and see what YOU'VE written, right DeniseM?

To imply that i'm spreading misinformation, when YOU have confirmed it in your posts is a bit disingenuous

Is that all you got? :rolleyes:

funny-food-photos-baby-balogna.jpg

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh snap, Ride just got baby-baloneyed.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouuuuuccchh - Denise can dish it out.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't mess with me boys - the next one gets a poopy diaper! :D

e.bram

Reaction score
Ride:
If you disagree with Denice it is misinformation.
Rather than defending her position she denigrates the poster.
I have been victimized as well.
Old ploy, if you can the message,attack the messenger..

Steve

Reaction score
I think we're done here. Time to give the poor horse a break. :deadhorse:

Thread closed.

Steve
TUG Moderator

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ride:
If you disagree with Denice it is misinformation.
Rather than defending her position she denigrates the poster.
I have been victimized as well.
Old ploy, if you can the message,attack the messenger..

e.bram - Please go back and read all my posts in this thread. I responded several times with logic and experience. But Ride didn't want to hear that, he just wanted to be silly - so I responded in kind.

BTW- It's still "Denise" ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.