• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LT Transfers versus Timeshare Transfers, Inc

TravelAmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Day,
I am for the first time purchasing a resale timeshare directly from an owner, without a broker or RE agent involved. I have a counter offer from the owner which is acceptable. I need to take care of closing company selection and fees...ugh!

If I am correct, some have used LT Transfers and recommend their services. If you’ve used LT Transfers did you receive a estoppel letter? Did you use their escrow services? I'm comparing LT Transfers to Timeshare Transfer, Inc. and cannot figure out the $200 difference in fees for what appears to be similar services.

As a first time owner-buyer sales transaction participant, any questions you'd suggest I ask the owner or check before agreeing to the sale?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT Transfers is great but they do have a pretty heavy backlog right now. It is currently at least a 4 week wait before they prepare paperwork after the initial information gathering. They also started charging $50 non-refundable up front that is a credit on the final bill. If ROFR is involved and exercised someone loses that $50. I think they had way too many exercised earlier in the year by Marriott so they were working for free.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
LT Transfers is backlogged. I am using them for a timeshare that I gifted to another Tugger. I was told it would 3-4 weeks before the next step of paperwork would occur. They immediately sent us paperwork to sign to show we had an agreement. They will be providing an estoppel for the buyer. I have used LT Transfer before and to me they are worth the wait. Very happy with their services.

TravelAmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT Transfers is backlogged. I am using them for a timeshare that I gifted to another Tugger. I was told it would 3-4 weeks before the next step of paperwork would occur. They immediately sent us paperwork to sign to show we had an agreement. They will be providing an estoppel for the buyer. I have used LT Transfer before and to me they are worth the wait. Very happy with their services.

Thank you SaintsFanfl and Panina! I appreciate the recommendations and the heads up about the backlog.
Good to know about the $50 fee, as well. Reading through other threads in which TUGers have shared brokers/agents add commission (and other fees) to the purchase price when documents are sent to Marriott for ROFR - and apparently Marriott pays of they exercise ROFR - perhaps LT Transfers should consider the same. I cannot imagine why the Buyer responsible for closing/transfer fees would feel good about paying an additional $50 when the property goes to Marriott.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you SaintsFanfl and Panina! I appreciate the recommendations and the heads up about the backlog.
Good to know about the $50 fee, as well. Reading through other threads in which TUGers have shared brokers/agents add commission (and other fees) to the purchase price when documents are sent to Marriott for ROFR - and apparently Marriott pays of they exercise ROFR - perhaps LT Transfers should consider the same. I cannot imagine why the Buyer responsible for closing/transfer fees would feel good about paying an additional $50 when the property goes to Marriott.

That is why any buyer should insist on the seller or broker paying the fee. I insisted on this when I was buying one through LT and I recently gladly paid the $50 on one I was giving away (although no ROFR on giveaways).

On the backlog I just got my paperwork today. Just shy of 4 weeks. In either case I will always choose LT.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village

Backlogged or not, reliable and great customer service. We have used them for over 10 transactions. We have also used the escrow service. We will not hesitate to use them again. The wait is worth it.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Backlogged or not, reliable and great customer service. We have used them for over 10 transactions. We have also used the escrow service. We will not hesitate to use them again. The wait is worth it.

I could not agree more and even with their backlog they are faster than most out there.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've used LTT for several of my sales over the last few years, and I couldn't be more happy. Even if it takes few extra weeks right now to get things done, it's a sign they're good at their work, and people are using their services. They have never made a mistake on anything I've done with them. They even alerted me to a problem with Wyndham not transferring a unit out of my name four months after the deal had closed and been recorded in the new owner's name! Their customer service is the best you will find anywhere. Major thumbs up to this company.

Dave