TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Made the Wyndham salesman mad

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by ricknhsv, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ricknhsv

ricknhsv Guest

At Old Town Alexandria this week and was talked into going to the Owners Education on how to better use your points. Was told that I could enroll my 1 bedroom RCI fixed week in Galinburg and 2 bedroom Interval International fixed week in St. Augustine using PIC if I bought 108,000 points for $20K. He said I could use the points from PIC to offset maintenance fees. I turned down his generous offer and he basically said I wasted his time. Sort of rude if you ask me. I did get my $100 gift to eat at Chart house a new resort directory so that was good.

2. harveyhaddixfan

harveyhaddixfan TUG Member

I’ll be there in 3 weeks and probably make them mad too. Doing the 3 night stay for $199 and get a $200 gift card and $100 hotel voucher. I bought a 168k Bali Hai contract recently just to be able to go there every few years.

Kozman and ricknhsv like this.
  3. BibbityBoppity

BibbityBoppity TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Fairfield Mountains
    Makai Club
    The II contract wouldn’t actually PIC anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle likes this.
  4. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    The II week would have been eligible for PIC express for a limited time (5 years) only.

ricknhsv likes this.
  5. ricknhsv

ricknhsv Guest

You know, I mentioned that I thought it was a limited time and he said I can just renew it again. Basically he said I would be VIP Silver using the PIC properties if I paid them $20k

Born2Travel likes this.
  6. ricknhsv

ricknhsv Guest

They are such liars! One sales lady told me I would have to buy house keeping credits because I bought resale. I looked at my account and there are house keeping credits in it.

7. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House, Resort on Cocoa Beach
    The Chart House is pretty nice. Down on the riverfront. My wife and I busted one of OTA's $100 gift cards by $50 but it was great!

Enjoy the dinner but otherwise, I'd probably tell the guy to kiss my whatever.

ricknhsv likes this.
  8. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham National Harbor
    Wyndham Branson at the Meadows
    Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
    Williamsburg Plantation
    He must be referring to PIC express. Properties not eligible in PIC Plus (which has no expiration), can sometimes be eligible for PIC express which expires in five years. You would have to buy at least 49,000 points per PIC week to renew. So anywhere from $13k to $17k if you went through telesales instead of the resorts.

9. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham National Harbor
    Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
    Williamsburg Plantation
    I cannot even say that is a half truth. Resale gets the same amount as non-VIP retail members. VIPs are the only ones who have unlimited credits. The rest only have to pay if you run out.

ricknhsv and harveyhaddixfan like this.
  10. Dis.Dad

Dis.Dad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Palm Aire
    Wyndham Panama City Beach
    LHVC Puerto Plata, DR
    Hey! I will be there in 2 weeks. Although not travelling with the wife so I don't think they will let me go to owner's update. Oh darn! :p

11. Jan M.

Jan M. TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    You might be surprised. A number of us have been to them without our spouses.

steve_solo likes this.
  12. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham National Harbor
    Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
    Williamsburg Plantation
    Many people have reported going without spouses. When they ask if your spouse is with you say, "My wife is not with me, but my girlfriend is. Can I bring her? She may not look it, but I swear she is over 18." :)

Kozman, Jan M. and harveyhaddixfan like this.
  13. Dis.Dad

Dis.Dad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Palm Aire
    Wyndham Panama City Beach
    LHVC Puerto Plata, DR
    LOL Yup! Those guys will do anything to get you in. I was at National Harbor a few years back and they did just that. They said, "Just bring a friend. Free breakfast!"