• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manhattan Club Resort (hospitality/housekeeping) fees

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am lucky enough to have been gifted a weeks stay at the resort from an owner. I see some comments about high daily housekeeping fees. I don't see any amount mentioned- nor do I see if the housekeeping, or the fees are optional.

Can someone enlighten me? The unit is a one bedroom suite.

thanks
don

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's about $55 per day for housekeeping. You have to pay it if you got the exchange through RCI. Not sure about II or SFX. RCI caves to these resorts and allows these ridiculous fees.

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's about $55 per day for housekeeping. You have to pay it if you got the exchange through RCI. Not sure about II or SFX. RCI caves to these resorts and allows these ridiculous fees.
It wasn't an exchange. I got the week from the owner who advised TMC that I'd be their guest

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Call the resort and ask.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It wasn't an exchange. I got the week from the owner who advised TMC that I'd be their guest
As long as it was an owner week and not an RCI exchange the hospitality charge should not apply- that one is RCI only. The housekeeping fee is relatively new, I don't know who that would apply to.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
upload_2018-3-21_16-56-12.png

Here are the latest resort fees from RCI...FWIW, when we were looking to stay there last fall, the fees approached $90/day. Not sure if this was a data entry error or they received too much pushback / cancelled reservations which is what we did because it was only $33 when we made the reservation. When we called the RCI rep, they could not confirm the fees because they said the resort sets the fees and can change at any time. You should call the resort and take names in case they try to charge you more.

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 5983

Here are the latest resort fees from RCI...FWIW, when we were looking to stay there last fall, the fees approached $90/day. Not sure if this was a data entry error or they received too much pushback / cancelled reservations which is what we did because it was only $33 when we made the reservation. When we called the RCI rep, they could not confirm the fees because they said the resort sets the fees and can change at any time. You should call the resort and take names in case they try to charge you more.

I wasn't charged any resort fees. I assume that it was because I was using an owners week

thanks
don

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
That sounds about right. Owners should not have fees. The fees on RCI are for an exchange.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The housekeeping fee is relatively new

I first stayed in the Manhattan Club in 2006 and I had to pay the fee then. Well my fee was waved because I agreed to attend a sales presentation.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Hi,

I am lucky enough to have been gifted a weeks stay at the resort from an owner. I see some comments about high daily housekeeping fees. I don't see any amount mentioned- nor do I see if the housekeeping, or the fees are optional.

Can someone enlighten me? The unit is a one bedroom suite.

thanks
don
There is no fee because you are
A guest of an owner.

Enjoy your stay. The one bedrooms are fabulous!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I first stayed in the Manhattan Club in 2006 and I had to pay the fee then. Well my fee was waved because I agreed to attend a sales presentation.
Were they charging you a nightly hospitality fee and an additional nightly housekeeping fee when you stayed? When I stayed I was charged the resort fee but my understanding was part of the resort fee went toward the daily hk. Now they are still charging the resort fee now called a hospitality fee which has gone up to $54.41 per day and they are reporting that there was a separate charge not listed on the RCI sheet in addition to the hospitality fee for housekeeping.

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were they charging you a nightly hospitality fee and an additional nightly housekeeping fee when you stayed? When I stayed I was charged the resort fee but my understanding was part of the resort fee went toward the daily hk. Now they are still charging the resort fee now called a hospitality fee which has gone up to $54.41 per day and they are reporting that there was a separate charge not listed on the RCI sheet in addition to the hospitality fee for housekeeping.
Do the other Timeshares in NYC charge similar fess?

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the latest resort fees from RCI...FWIW, when we were looking to stay there last fall, the fees approached $90/day.

Is the $90 a day the $55 (housekeeping/hospitality/resort) fee + $35 parking. Or is there some other additional fee.

When I stayed in 2006 it was called a housekeeping fee and it was $25 a night. We also stayed in 2011 and 2016. Each time there was an increase in the fee and we were told about it in advance. I can’t remember what they called the fee each time since I thought it was a pretty bogus fee.

I had a fit when they raised it to $55. Are they trying to discourage RCI exchanges. I know a couple of years ago either a judge or the state attorney general said they couldn’t do any more sales presentations when they were investigating complaints by owners.

Last edited:

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the $90 a day the $55 (housekeeping/hospitality/resort) fee + $35 parking. Or is there some other additional fee.

When I stayed in 2006 it was called a housekeeping fee and it was $25 a night. We also stayed in 2011 and 2016. Each time there was an increase in the fee and we were told about it in advance. I can’t remember what they called the fee each time since I thought it was a pretty bogus fee.

I had a fit when they raised it to $55. Are they trying to discourage RCI exchanges. I know a couple of years ago either a judge or the state attorney general said they couldn’t do any more sales presentations when they were investigating complaints by owners.
Does anyone know if MC charges similar fees to those who exchange via SFX??