• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Many Changes coming for Vidanta in NV

Jan S

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in NV now with an ocean view room at The Grand Bliss. Nice room and nice view this visit.

1. However the construction for the new gondola has begun and is expected to be operational next summer. At our member meeting we were shown the architectures renderings as to what the stations will look like. They are beautiful as expected however the one right behind The Grand Bliss pool will highly impact the view. (I cannot figure out how to easily upload pics )

2. The 5 stops the gondola will make will be at The Grand Bliss pool, Santuario, Grand Luxxe (I think we were told over by tower 5), the new Celebrate Hotel (which is currently being built) and somewhere in Celebrate Park. It will accommodate people with limited mobility including room for wheelchairs and walkers. We were told the average age of current members is 76 and they want to make sure all members have an opportunity to enjoy all the facilities. (The average age is high b/c of the number of senior certificates being used.) Plus a perk for members staying at the park is that they will be able to access the beach and pools.

3. A day club similar to the one in Cabo will be built on top of the Havana Moon restaurant. I was disappointed to hear that b/c I think the noise in Cabo is very disruptive. They are aware of member’s dissatisfaction with the noise from the day club in Cabo but the revenue outweighs complaints.

4. The Mayan Palace pool will be torn down to allow for a new beach club similar to the one in RM. We asked where MP members will go to swim and were told no decision about that has been made available yet.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks for the update! :)

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Absolutely Jan, thank you! We are staying at GB next month. Is the construction in front of the GB pool already underway? How disruptive is it? Hopefully not blocking ocean view, or too much noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our view was not obstructed but will be if the transportation hub right behind the GB pool is as big as the architectural renderings make it out to be, it will be a huge view spoiler. Construction has begun but the noise was hardly noticeable during our visit.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Our view was not obstructed but will be if the transportation hub right behind the GB pool is as big as the architectural renderings make it out to be, it will be a huge view spoiler. Construction has begun but the noise was hardly noticeable during our visit.

Thank you. Hopefully it (the noise and obstruction) won’t be any worse in a few weeks. This is our first stay in a GB unit. We are GL owners. Opted for a 2 BR unit as we have daughter, husband, and their 3 kiddos meeting us there. Did you attend a sales presentation (member meeting)? 4 hours? What were they offering, and did they improve your room for attending?
Thanks again,
Jeff

Last edited:

Jan S

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did attend a sales presentation. No room upgrade offered, we got the 10% discount and the 2for 1 vacation card to use at specific restaurants which had limited use times. The enticements ended up not being worth our time. We vowed never to go again unless we want to upgrade. We too are GL owners. We were offered the option of going to the park and guaranteed priority views. We had that offered before only this time the price was much higher. We didn’t upgrade b/c we were promised priority views with our previous upgrade but since they changed the rules (without telling us) we were no longer allowed that perk. We spent 4.5 hours.

77JC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge x2, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark
Hey Jeff-

We did not attend the presentation-although it took close to an hour to convince the sales person and her supervisor that we were not interested. Finally they sent us back to the front desk to get our room assignment. We go up to the second floor and open the door to a two bedroom unit with a beautiful ocean view (no obstructions). I think-wow, they upgraded us big time since we only had a studio! As we are walking in the room admiring the view out the slider we notice they have given us a room that is already occupied! Thank goodness the guests weren't inside.

Back to the front desk. They assign us another room-still second floor on the opposite side with a view of Saturnio and many other buildings. We walk in and there are two people standing in the room. These people had just checked in to the one bedroom next door and the adjoining door was left open so they were exploring. We locked the door and all was well.

The entire sales experience left a bad taste for me. My feeling is they know you have been traveling all day and may sign up just so you can get your room and relax. I will say they kept throwing in more incentives to go-free tickets to a show in PV (Rythym of the Night??), half of $252 resort fee refunded as resort credit, greens fee discount, etc. So if you decide you want to attend hold out and they will up their incentive. To me it still wasn't worth it.

Hope this helps-have a great trip!
Jeff

DKT

TUG Member
Reaction score
2. The 5 stops the gondola will make will be at The Grand Bliss pool, Santuario, Grand Luxxe (I think we were told over by tower 5), the new Celebrate Hotel (which is currently being built) and somewhere in Celebrate Park. It will accommodate people with limited mobility including room for wheelchairs and walkers. We were told the average age of current members is 76 and they want to make sure all members have an opportunity to enjoy all the facilities. (The average age is high b/c of the number of senior certificates being used.) Plus a perk for members staying at the park is that they will be able to access the beach and pools.

Hi, Question on the above, when you say they will be able to access the beach and pools, will that still be the current policy of pool access based on where you are staying?
Thanks,
Denise

Jan S

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the policy regarding pool usage will not change.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
My understanding is the policy regarding pool usage will not change.

It’s not entirely clear how it wouldn’t need to at least adjust because there won’t be any GM, GB, or GL units in the Parks. Instead, they’ve given the hotel units different names with varying sister exchange privileges depending on when and what you bought. There seems to be a general equivalency between Kingdom of the Sun and GL, but things vary a bit in the Celebrate Park hotel and Cascades level. There’s probably more to come on this.

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Someone posted the usage fees on a facebook group. The fees for Kingdom of the Sun were similar to Grand Luxxe while the fees for The Cascades and the Celebrate Park hotels were similar to Mayan Palace.

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Myan Palace, Orange lake Country Club
We did attend a sales presentation. No room upgrade offered, we got the 10% discount and the 2for 1 vacation card to use at specific restaurants which had limited use times. The enticements ended up not being worth our time. We vowed never to go again unless we want to upgrade. We too are GL owners. We were offered the option of going to the park and guaranteed priority views. We had that offered before only this time the price was much higher. We didn’t upgrade b/c we were promised priority views with our previous upgrade but since they changed the rules (without telling us) we were no longer allowed that perk. We spent 4.5 hours.
Wow just two weeks later and We're going there on the 11th...tomorrow and I'm not interested in a sales presentation unless we get a room upgrade. Still not buying anything. Perhaps I should just skip the presentation and just be happy with the GM studio we're booked into.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Just an FYI, we are at GB now in NV. I went ahead and signed up for the update, even though I swore I’d never go again. Hopefully we can escape in under 4 hrs, with zero $$ spent..
They gave us a room on 7th floor, ocean side. 2 free massages, plus the 10% discount and meal card. (Not sure I’ll get anything from that).
They offered a free 2BR upgrade to GL. I declined unless they could guarantee us a 2BR GL in the first few buildings. (They could not, and I didn’t want to be back so far from the beach.) so we stayed with GB. This is our first time in GB and like it. Nice view, except for gondola construction. Just arrived yesterday for two weeks. First time we are doing two weeks vs one.
Construction, and view..
6bf86a1a7ced1dc8cf5efdd796608741.jpg

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
Wow just two weeks later and We're going there on the 11th...tomorrow and I'm not interested in a sales presentation unless we get a room upgrade. Still not buying anything. Perhaps I should just skip the presentation and just be happy with the GM studio we're booked into.
If it was me I would skip the sales presentation unless they offer you a room upgrade.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Just an FYI, we are at GB now in NV. I went ahead and signed up for the update, even though I swore I’d never go again. Hopefully we can escape in under 4 hrs, with zero $$ spent..
They gave us a room on 7th floor, ocean side. 2 free massages, plus the 10% discount and meal card. (Not sure I’ll get anything from that).
They offered a free 2BR upgrade to GL. I declined unless they could guarantee us a 2BR GL in the first few buildings. (They could not, and I didn’t want to be back so far from the beach.) so we stayed with GB. This is our first time in GB and like it. Nice view, except for gondola construction. Just arrived yesterday for two weeks. First time we are doing two weeks vs one.
Construction, and view..
6bf86a1a7ced1dc8cf5efdd796608741.jpg

Lucky you are on that side (even with the gondola going up), the Santuario “music” has been blasting Thursday and Friday nights, our last two at NV.