• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marco island

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
we are here this week, staying at Club Regency
At the meet and greet this morning we were told this resort and eagles nest got hit the worst. Hilton had a repair crew in on the Monday, they had 150 men working here at one time. They had water incursion in building c and building e. They were closed for six weeks. Maintenance fees going up about two per cent
Snook Inn has been sold to owner of DaVinci.
We took a ride to goodland, back up and running. Ate at Little a Bar and watched them pull a car port from bay. Stans is open but did have a lot of damage. Marker8.5 is gone.
Drove to Everglades city, lots of damage and storm debris along the roads. National park still closed, but most businesses up and running.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Thanks for the update! We will be in Marco for weeks 51 (Charter Club) and 52 (Surf Club). Are the resorts fully repaired now? How about tennis courts, landscaping, etc.? And is the island generally is good shape? We usually head over to Isle of Capri at least once while we are there -- any idea how it weathered the storm?

Kurt

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything looks pretty good along the beach. Less landscaping, and a delay on getting it. I haven't been to isle of Capri yet, but I think it is fine. I believe only damage to tennis court was fencing, and it is repaired.
The person who spoke to us said that those living on Marco lost power and water forvtwelve days, but the resort let them stay there while they worked to get everything back in order.
It is remarkable how much was accomplished.
One of the E unit buildings had a lot of water, and they remodeled the living area. There are tile floors and new furniture. E building will get redone in 2018 and the other buildings in 2019.
E building getting a new roof, and fortunately for us, it will start next week rather than this week.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked charter club and surf club much better, probably because we had a view and do not have one here.
They advertised the breakfast as meet your neighbors, but it really was for owners. Someone from management spoke, and no one spoke to each other. The lunch was supposed to hear vendors talk about their business, but there was none of that. They just put a part of a sub on a plate with some chips.
We brought beach chairs and our own umbrella and sat on beach behind row of rented chairs, which were all empty when we went out. Later a couple of ladies sat in the chairs in front of us, and pulled their chairs into the sun. As the day progressed, a little of the rented umbrella shade fell partly across my sister. The chair attendant came out and told us to move our chairs because the shade belonged to the people in front of us, the ones who were sitting in the sun. We moved away and I will be sure not to get anywhere near someone else's shade tomorrow. And I better be careful so my shade doesn't fall on anyone who wants sun, or I may hear about that too.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
As the day progressed, a little of the rented umbrella shade fell partly across my sister. The chair attendant came out and told us to move our chairs because the shade belonged to the people in front of us, the ones who were sitting in the sun. We moved away and I will be sure not to get anywhere near someone else's shade tomorrow. And I better be careful so my shade doesn't fall on anyone who wants sun, or I may hear about that too.

Chair attendant seems a bit unclear on the concept of guest service and / or common courtesy. May all his days be filled with --- shade. :)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As the day progressed, a little of the rented umbrella shade fell partly across my sister. The chair attendant came out and told us to move our chairs because the shade belonged to the people in front of us, the ones who were sitting in the sun. We moved away and I will be sure not to get anywhere near someone else's shade tomorrow. And I better be careful so my shade doesn't fall on anyone who wants sun, or I may hear about that too.
Oh no! The dreaded Shade Police! That is too funny!

I liked charter club and surf club much better, probably because we had a view and do not have one here.
We really love the view at our Surf Club unit (it is a fixed unit / fixed week) on the top floor. We just purchased our Charter Club week this year, so it will be our first time at that resort. We didn't get a top floor unit there, but we are on the 7th floor (of 9 or 10?), in a corner unit (wrap-around lanai) in the front building. I expect our view to be very similar.

Kurt

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will have a fantastic view at charter club, and an enjoyable time. They had kayaks and sailboats for owners to use at no charge when we were there.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to the farmers market today and it is one of the nicest I have seen. Wonderful fruit and vegetables, and great vendors selling a big variety of food, baked goods, seafood, and much more

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We went to the farmers market today and it is one of the nicest I have seen. Wonderful fruit and vegetables, and great vendors selling a big variety of food, baked goods, seafood, and much more
We went to the farmer's market for the first time last year. I agree that it is a very good market, with a good selection of vendors selling prepared food in addition to the fresh fruit and produce. The fresh strawberries were my favorite! I think going to this farmer's market will become a regular activity for us each time we stay there.

Kurt

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
3 of my favorites - pizza and a beer at the Marco Island Brewery, Town Center Mall - 7 Stars Around the Moon at Su's Garden - and a cheesesteak and a Yuengling at the Sunset Grille at the Apollo by South Beach. I also like the bleu cheese burger at the Dolphin Tiki, but I don't think that is open due to hurricane damage.

KandyM

Reaction score
Thank you for the updates about Marco. We are also planning for a visit there.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
We moved to Marco Island in July after vacationing here for ten years, three at Charter Club. We evacuated to Georgia and returned on Sept 15 (storm hit Sept 10) and we found AC working, full power, water, DirecTV and Internet. Areas with no power included Goodland, Everglades City, parts of Naples, but Marco was fully functioning. Very little damage to our home, just roof replacement (but no leaks for now), pool cage replacement, soffits. The island is really looking almost normal now, with only tree stumps and tarps on roofs to indicate the hurricane made landfall here. Kirk's Coney Island closed and has not reopened. Dolphin Tiki Bar had bad damage, but I have heard they have plans to reopen in the near future if not in early 2018. We noticed a lot of broken privacy gates along Collier Blvd, but all appear to have repaired or replaced now.

And I agree about the Farmers' Market. Lots of great bread and baked items, produce, flowers, crafts. Every Wednesday (from Nov through April) from 7:30 to 1:30.

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at the Charter Club for 2 weeks in late October and early November. Will be back in January for another two weeks (or at least my husband will-I can only go for a week and a couple of days due to work obligations.) Joan (resort manager) and her entire staff worked incredibly hard to get the resort back up and running. They are the best! But for some tree damage and some missing fencing, everything looked great. My sister and BIL left the Charter Club today after being there this week, and she reported that they had a pickleball lesson-so I am guessing the tennis courts are in shape.
We really enjoyed our meals at the Little Bar, Fin Bistro (now directly across the street from the Charter Club) and the Oyster Society (new-ish-owned by the same people as DaVinci's and right next store. Lee Be Fish (very casual) was awesome-limited menu but very fresh fish. We also went to the Italian Deli for the first time and loved their sandwiches and pizza. Tried Doreen's Cup of Joe with friends who visited us and liked it very much for breakfast-tried NeNe's also and didn't care for it. Snook Inn was purchased by the family that owns DaVinci's Marco Prime and Oyster Society.
Stilts was under repair during our visit, but re-opened the night before we left. We like Joey's and the Sunset Grill-did not get there in November, but will plan to go to both in January.
We love the Charter Club-there are many long time owners who have a deep affection for the place. People were getting choked up/teary at the owner's meetings because they were so amazed by how great the place looked only 6 weeks after the hurricane struck.
Marriott timeshare next door to the Charter Club is not moving along as well as the HGVC resorts. Close friends of ours who are Marriott owners had reservations there for late January and were just moved over to the Fort Lauderdale timeshare because Marriott can't guarantee that they will have all rooms up and running by late January. They are pretty ticked off.
If you enjoy yoga, check out the sunset yoga on the beach in front of the Apollo condos-it is run by Marco Island yoga. Great people!
A third vote for the Farmer's Market-we love it and were sad that they were not open in early November. Glad that they are back up and running.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did I mention that snook in. Has bee bought by the owners of d'vincis.
From the way the manager spoke, Hilton had contractors hired and there the day after the hurricane.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Marco is looking a lot better now that the piles of yard waste are finally picked up. But, as you drive around, if you look closely at the roofs and pool cages, there is tile and screen damage everywhere. It's going to take a long time to get this all fixed. On my street we're saying we're just going to wait it out and not pay the ridiculous prices of the stranger contractors in town from who knows where.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Just went to the beach today. Water is beautiful, beach is also. Water was a bit cold for me, but not too bad if you are used to the Pacific or Atlantic Oceans. Christmas parade tonight on San Marco.