TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Marriott Beyond

Discussion in 'Hyatt Residence Club' started by Sapper, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Sapper

Sapper Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Here is what I found out: it’s a marketing spin to get folks to buy HPP.

1) Hyatt is not going away with the Marriott purchase.
    2) In order to participate in the Marriott Beyond program, you have to be enrolled in the Hyatt Point Program through a developer purchase. Legacy week owners are excluded.
    3) The Marriott Beyond program will only be able to access the “Explorer Collection”. Being an HPP owner who is also in the Marriott Beyond program will not have access to any other Marriott properties (no DC, MVC, ETC) “at this time”. I asked when we would have access, and he didn’t have an answer.
    4) Marriott Beyond is supposed to start in September coinciding with Marriott taking over sales of Hyatt / HPP. Again, the sales guy stressed that Hyatt properties would not be rebranded to Marriott. However, he also stressed that we should purchase HPP NOW because “once Marriott takes over sales, the cost will go up”.
    5) I specifically requested that he produced written documentation proving what he was talking about. He said they had not gotten anything printed up yet.
    6) I asked about the conversion ratio / points it would be to convert HPP points to Marriott Explorer Collection points, he said that he did not have that information.

So, my take on this whole Marriott Beyond thing is that while there may be something coming down the line, it’s just garbage to get people to buy HPP.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. Sapper

Thinking about what a waste of time this was, there is one good thing that came from it. The sales guy stressed multiple times that the Hyatt properties are not going away or being rebranded. Might be sales spin (I’ll be “BEYOND” upset if they announce the Hyatt’s are going away, spun off, rebranded, etc. ), but if anything the sales guy said was true, I think that the Hyatt properties are safe is a fact.

SteelerGal, taffy19, bdh and 2 others like this.
  3. davidvel

davidvel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
    This is Beyond ridiculous.

4. PerryKing

PerryKing TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico. Mexico: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club and Mayan Palace.
    ditto !! Much more !!

Tucsonadventurer likes this.
  5. Islnd

Islnd TUG Member

Can they legally just get rid of Hyatt brand and merge it with Marriott?

About a completely brand new brand? That would completely devalued the timeshare.

Will this need to be negotiated on a resort by resort basis?

I’m sure lawyers out there that are owners looked into this.

6. Sapper

I’m not a lawyer, please keep that in mind when reading my answer.

Yes, not only can Marriott change the name / remove the Hyatt brand, they may have to if the licensing agreement with Hyatt does not happen. Luckily, from what I was hearing from the sales guy (cough), this is not going to happen, Hyatt will remain Hyatt.

I doubt Marriott wants to devalue the system they just paid a massive amount of money for.

taffy19 and SteelerGal like this.
  7. CPNY

CPNY TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Harborside Resort at Atlantis
    SVV - Key West
    SVV - Bella
    Seems like everyone who owns the companies MVC bought is concerned about how MVC will/can/may ruin/change/keep-the-same their ownerships.

8. Sapper

That’s because no one wants to be Bonvoyed.

Tucsonadventurer and CPNY like this.
  9. CPNY

CPNY TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Harborside Resort at Atlantis
    SVV - Key West
    SVV - Bella
    Exactly! And it’s a good likelihood it could happen.