• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Beyond

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at our unit (Hyatt, Key West) starting this Sunday. I received the concierge call to make sure everything is ok for our up coming stay and to sign us up for the sales pitch, I mean owners update. I told him we are not interested in the HPP. He said that Monday would be the first day of selling a new program called “Marriott Beyond”. I said, you mean Bonvoy? He said, no Bonvoy is the hotel points program, this is “Beyond”, where we can use our Hyatt ownership to exchange into all of the other Marriott owned properties. I said I had never heard of this program. He said that it is brand new, they just finished training for it, and if I signed up for the 8:30 Monday Owners Update, I would be the first one to see the new program. I asked for him to email me some marketing material so I would have a better understanding of what I would be walking into. He said that he is not allowed to send anything until after Monday. I said I would have to discuss it with my wife. When I did, she rolled her eyes and was not favorable to sitting through another sales pitch. I’ll work on her, as I’m curious what this is.

Has anyone else heard of Marriott Beyond? I cannot find anything on it.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Is 2019 the 'Year of the Timeshare'? [Marriott/Vistana/Hyatt in the DC speculation]

I'd guess that if something really is being rolled out next week it's the program speculated about in the thread above, the program that's expected to allow integration of Vistana and Hyatt ownerships with MVC under the Marriott Vacations Worldwide umbrella.

Marriott Beyond. Hmmmm. I have a feeling some people are going to be very unhappy with that name.

Moderator Note:

If this is really happening, history tells us that for a little while there is going to be unavoidable chaos and disorder on the TUG boards. As moderator here on the Marriott board the first thing I'll do is lock the above speculation thread and then I'll be merging every thread on this board related to the program introduction, in what will most likely end up being a completely ineffective effort to allow continuity and to prevent duplicate posts. The Hyatt and Vistana forum mods will probably be doing the same. Please, please, PLEASE try to be patient with us.

Now because this obviously impacts several TUG forums, as much leeway as possible will be given for cross-posting. All of the mods will sincerely appreciate it if you try to do as little cross-posting as possible.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
We will be at our unit (Hyatt, Key West) starting this Sunday. I received the concierge call to make sure everything is ok for our up coming stay and to sign us up for the sales pitch, I mean owners update. I told him we are not interested in the HPP. He said that Monday would be the first day of selling a new program called “Marriott Beyond”........ and if I signed up for the 8:30 Monday Owners Update, I would be the first one to see the new program. I asked for him to email me some marketing material so I would have a better understanding of what I would be walking into. He said that he is not allowed to send anything until after Monday. I said I would have to discuss it with my wife. When I did, she rolled her eyes and was not favorable to sitting through another sales pitch. I’ll work on her, as I’m curious what this is.

Has anyone else heard of Marriott Beyond? I cannot find anything on it.

Never heard of it, but last year in KW, they gave me (I choose) $120 vouchers for attending...for which I opted to use go fishing...for 30 minutes of my time. Thinking I might go fishing again this year...Can't wait to hear what you found out. And yes the big one got away.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is 2019 the 'Year of the Timeshare'? [Marriott/Vistana/Hyatt in the DC speculation]

I'd guess that if something really is being rolled out next week it's the program speculated about in the thread above, the program that's expected to allow integration of Vistana and Hyatt ownerships with MVC under the Marriott Vacations Worldwide umbrella.

Marriott Beyond. Hmmmm. I have a feeling some people are going to be very unhappy with that name.

Moderator Note:

If this is really happening, history tells us that for a little while there is going to be unavoidable chaos and disorder on the TUG boards. As moderator here on the Marriott board the first thing I'll do is lock the above speculation thread and then I'll be merging every thread on this board related to the program introduction, in what will most likely end up being a completely ineffective effort to allow continuity and to prevent duplicate posts. The Hyatt and Vistana forum mods will probably be doing the same. Please, please, PLEASE try to be patient with us.

Now because this obviously impacts several TUG forums, as much leeway as possible will be given for cross-posting. All of the mods will sincerely appreciate it if you try to do as little cross-posting as possible.

Susan, thank you for everything you do here and your patience with this unknown situation. I can feel the exhaustion in your mod note. I did cross post here and the Hyatt forum because some folks do not go over to the other forums, and I wanted to hear what folks had to say. I will post when I have additional information, and any photos of documents, as soon as I have them. ASSUMING this is real, and not just a ploy to get us to come in for a sales pitch to find out “Beyond” really means II, but now that we are there let’s talk about the Hyatt Point Program. I don’t think this is the case because of how the sales guy phrased it. Thank you again.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it, but last year in KW, they gave me (I choose) $120 vouchers for attending...for which I opted to use go fishing...for 30 minutes of my time. Thinking I might go fishing again this year...Can't wait to hear what you found out. And yes the big one got away.

It’s down to $100 in vouchers that can be used at a hand full of locations for “only an hour” of time. I’ll set a stop watch. :)

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Is Buzz Lightyear going to be the new spokesperson? To infinity...and beyond can become " To Marriott....and Beyond!"

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Is Buzz Lightyear going to be the new spokesperson? To infinity...and beyond can become " To Marriott....and Beyond!"
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Someone at Marriott stole from Toy Story.​

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau

Well, it's probably better than Bonvoy.

We could have a little fun speculating about a name. How about "Marriott Infinity." (I'm thinking about the character Buzz Lightyear in the movie Toy Story: "to Infinity and Beyond")

Oops, while I was typing this, I now see that I was beaten to the punch.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Google Marriott Beyond. They’ve been incorporating beyond into their “talk” since last year.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
is this spiel only for Hyatt owners or will it go in the reverse? Are Marriott owners getting the same offer to hear about Marriott Beyond?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points

Moderator Note:

If an owner has a negative experience, how would you verbalize it (like the hotel loyalty version, Bonvoy). Congrats, you've been 'Beyonded'? :crash:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, it's probably better than Bonvoy. ...

Yeah, but all of us under the Marriott umbrella have had to adjust to Bonvoy.

If "Marriott Beyond" turns out to be the name of the program that allows Hyatt and Vistana to integrate with Marriott Vacation Club owners as a quasi-internal exchange company/option, as has been speculated will be happening, at least a few Vistana and Hyatt people have already expressed an interest in the name, "Marriott" being removed from anything to do with their ownership.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Google Marriott Beyond. They’ve been incorporating beyond into their “talk” since last year.

Hmmmm. I'm seeing all the "Beyond Barriers" stuff (like this) that Marriott, Int'l rolled out in an effort to be seen as supporting and celebrating inclusion, with regards to social consciousness.

Different companies, Marriott Int'l v. Marriott Vacations Worldwide; different products, hotels v. timeshare ownership; different brands, Beyond Barriers v. Marriott Beyond. It's hard to see how what was rolled out last year in the hotel company has anything to do with what might be coming from the timeshare company, that will mesh with the speculation of possible cross-brand exchanging among the timeshares that MVW picked up in an acquisition with their existing timeshares.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
Hmmmm. I'm seeing all the "Beyond Barriers" stuff (like this) that Marriott, Int'l rolled out in an effort to be seen as supporting and celebrating inclusion, with regards to social consciousness.

Different companies, Marriott Int'l v. Marriott Vacations Worldwide; different products, hotels v. timeshare ownership; different brands, Beyond Barriers v. Marriott Beyond. It's hard to see how what was rolled out last year in the hotel company has anything to do with what might be coming from the timeshare company, that will mesh with the speculation of possible cross-brand exchanging among the timeshares that MVW picked up in an acquisition with their existing timeshares.
Marriott talks about going beyond hotel rooms to homes and villas. Most ts are considered villas, there may be blending among various Marriott Brands including timeshare systems, an all inclusive approach to the hotel/home/timeshare sales and marketing. Marriott wants to cover all their bases, stay tuned lol

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott talks about going beyond hotel rooms to homes and villas. Most ts are considered villas, there may be blending among various Marriott Brands including timeshare systems, an all inclusive approach to the hotel/home/timeshare sales and marketing. Marriott wants to cover all their bases, stay tuned lol

They do already offer home-like options in their Destination Club. I was trying to see if Quilter's thing about googling "Marriott Beyond" would show us anything to do with the timeshares (because in the past we've found legal filings for new options via that route) but, no. I didn't find anything by googling that's specific to changes in the timeshare company.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
When we had our pitch at the new San Francisco Pulse, they were just trained on a new salesperson pitch tool which seamlessly included hotels, MVC resorts, their vacation home offering, the other Explorer Collection options, etc., all available in any given area. You could name a location and they could show point availability in any of those options in that area. Was pretty slick. I could see that being named Marriott Beyond. Did not sound like it would be rolled out as a new interface on the MVC site anytime soon (if ever), but if they ever did, would be really cool.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we had our pitch at the new San Francisco Pulse, they were just trained on a new salesperson pitch tool which seamlessly included hotels, MVC resorts, their vacation home offering, the other Explorer Collection options, etc., all available in any given area. You could name a location and they could show point availability in any of those options in that area. Was pretty slick. I could see that being named Marriott Beyond. Did not sound like it would be rolled out as a new interface on the MVC site anytime soon (if ever), but if they ever did, would be really cool.
Yes, very neat. We saw that application in our owners update at Newport Coast in May. We were told that the application will be available to owners soon.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

This makes me wonder if the reality is they are selling some kind of buy in to the DC system, and will be marketing it to Hyatt owners as something else. From the Marriott side, it’s just the DC system now with access to Hyatt properties. However, they resolve the whole “why do Hyatt owners have to buy in and DC owners don’t” argument because they are calling the same thing two different names just depending what system you are in.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This makes me wonder if the reality is they are selling some kind of buy in to the DC system, and will be marketing it to Hyatt owners as something else. From the Marriott side, it’s just the DC system now with access to Hyatt properties. However, they resolve the whole “why do Hyatt owners have to buy in and DC owners don’t” argument because they are calling the same thing two different names just depending what system you are in.
The thing is, Marriott Vacations Worldwide's Destination Club already includes all of the options mentioned in Fasttr's post above, and allows for integration by owners of many of the Weeks that MVW has since stopped selling. Considering that it's the Hyatt sales force that mentioned "Marriott Beyond" as if it's the name of a program that will be newly-available to Hyatt owners, I'm very interested to see if it's the vehicle for them to integrate the Hyatt and Vistana timeshare owners into the program that Marriott is already running and if so, if the "Marriott Beyond" branding will replace the existing, "Destination Club" branding.