• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott exchanges

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to find out what type of unit you are exchanging for, when you go through Interval? I am specifically asking about Marriott Lakeshore. We have exchanged there several times now, and I especially love the townhomes. But I didn't like the layout of the 2 bedroom lock out unit we got last time. I would like to be able to know what the unit is before I go ahead and exchange. Is there a way to do this? Appreciate any comments.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There is no way to tell before you do the exchange, you can find out after by the unit code and matching it up to the Marriott II Unit Code list in the FAQ sticky. One option would be to add EPlus (if not an enrolled week), and you could retrade up to three times in hopes you land the right unit code. If you have an enrolled week, you can keep playing the retrade roulette till you end up with what you want.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no way to tell before you do the exchange, you can find out after by the unit code and matching it up to the Marriott II Unit Code list in the FAQ sticky. One option would be to add EPlus (if not an enrolled week), and you could retrade up to three times in hopes you land the right unit code. If you have an enrolled week, you can keep playing the retrade roulette till you end up with what you want.
Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to know. I think you have 24 hours to cancel an exchange also.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to know. I think you have 24 hours to cancel an exchange also.
Correct.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Is there a way to find out what type of unit you are exchanging for, when you go through Interval? I am specifically asking about Marriott Lakeshore. We have exchanged there several times now, and I especially love the townhomes. But I didn't like the layout of the 2 bedroom lock out unit we got last time. I would like to be able to know what the unit is before I go ahead and exchange. Is there a way to do this? Appreciate any comments.
While I realize you are asking about room layout, I'll answer in terms of the view. Marriott doesn't have to honor the view, but some (most?) resorts do. MKO honored the view, and room layout, for our exchanges.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I realize you are asking about room layout, I'll answer in terms of the view. Marriott doesn't have to honor the view, but some (most?) resorts do. MKO honored the view, and room layout, for our exchanges.

This is true but Lakeshore has no views at all. They only have room types and they never ever switch those around. There are four types of 2BR units and two types of 3BR units. I have found that townhome exchanges are usually the ones deposited by Marriott. It is not common to find one deposited by an owner.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is what I have been told by the staff at Lakeshore as well. They never vary from the room type. I didn't realize there were so many types of 2 BR units there, though. It may be harder than I thought to figure out what the exchange is. And if I owned a townhome, I can't imagine wanting to deposit it, either. LOVE those.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're right. The idea of 4 different types of 2 bedroom units kinda floored me for a bit, but I just finished matching up the exchanges I had into Lakeshore (5) with the codes listed. That will be very helpful for the next time we go there.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I goofed. There are actually five(!) different types of 2BR units that can be exchanged into. While there are five types, there are only two different 2BR ownership types.

2BR standard ownership:
2BR dedicated
2BR LO

2BR deluxe ownership:
2BR townhome
2BR double master LO

3BR ownership:
2BR master unit of 3BR LO

There are less than 100 units at Lakeshore so the number per type are very few.