• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott KBC Unit Remodel

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We are staying at KBC this week on an exchange and met with someone in the Owner Relations department. He indicated that the units are scheduled to be remodeled starting next June. They will start with the OF units and complete that section by September. Then start on the other views.

While we still prefer MOC and MKO, we have enjoyed this resort (only our second stay here, but both times in an OF unit.)

Best regards.

Mike

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did Marriott Corporate show you any photos/sketches of planned remodel?

I am always leery when resorts that have traditional Hawaiian design/motifs go for the corporate airport look. Call me crazy. When I'm in Hawaii, I don't want to wake up and wonder if I'm in Chicago or am on Kauai.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying at KBC this week on an exchange and met with someone in the Owner Relations department. He indicated that the units are scheduled to be remodeled starting next June. They will start with the OF units and complete that section by September. Then start on the other views.

While we still prefer MOC and MKO, we have enjoyed this resort (only our second stay here, but both times in an OF unit.)

Best regards.

Mike
We won't go back unless they upgrade the kitchen, did they say anything about that portion. Currently they have basically the same kitchen as a studio. As a minimum they could add a microwave convection without any physical changes.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I agree about the recent updates to all of the Hawaii resorts (Marriott/Westin/Hilton). I loved feeling like I was in Hawaii. After the updates, I have a moment in the morning when I open my eyes and I have no idea where I am.

I've never stayed at KBC but I didn't realize that the units didn't have microwaves! That is nuts.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I've never stayed at KBC but I didn't realize that the units didn't have microwaves! That is nuts.

We stayed in a guest room at KBC in 2015 and we had a microwave.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Per the Owner Relations person I spoke with, who was very nice, there will be a Hawaiian feel to the decor. They will add a 3/4 size refrigerator by taking out part of a closet similar to how MOC did it. They also plan to add some shelving, I believe next to the Murphy bed. The microwave will not be a convection microwave. All of the furniture and carpet will be replaced. All renovations should be done by February 2019.

Best regards.

Mike

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope that whoever does the purchasing of the furniture sits in a chair before deciding to purchase. The current chairs are so uncomfortable that I found the lanai chairs to be the most comfortable to sit in.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
But the last I saw they were not convection microwaves
I just realized that I misread the original post re:convection/microwave. Oops. I can live without the convection oven, but not the microwave. :D

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just realized that I misread the original post re:convection/microwave. Oops. I can live without the convection oven, but not the microwave. :D
Truthfully the convection upgrade and probably a slightly larger refrigerator are the minimum before I would consider going back there.