• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Have those of you who have qualified for Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite by end of 2018 seen your status updated? Mine still shows as Platinum Elite. When I called the Reward line, the associate was clueless and kept saying Platinum Elite was the highest Lifetime Status. Anyone has an old Marriott web-page link about qualifying for Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite through Dec 2018?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have a link, but the FAQ https://members.marriott.com/faq/ mentions it:

IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.

So, it claims only January 2019, end of January is a few weeks yet. Maybe they will actually grant it without effort, or maybe not.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Have those of you who have qualified for Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite by end of 2018 seen your status updated? Mine still shows as Platinum Elite. When I called the Reward line, the associate was clueless and kept saying Platinum Elite was the highest Lifetime Status. Anyone has an old Marriott web-page link about qualifying for Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite through Dec 2018?
I qualified before the merge in Aug. When I combined my accounts in Aug, my status reflected LPP. App still reflects the same.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. Steve, I have taken screenshots for the FAQ you referred to. I will wait patiently and hope by Feb my status will be reflected.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I am waiting as well. I am dreading having to call Marriott so I figured I would give it another couple of weeks.

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waiting as well. I originally think I qualified by having 2MM LT points and 750 nights by end of 2018. I now think I may also qualify via 10 yrs. as Platinum and 750 nights. Guess it doesn't matter so long as I get LT PPE by end of JAN.

It is a bit strange if you think about it. Website in 2019 says my current status is PPE. It also says I am Lifetime PE. (see below).

However, I thought there was no way to achieve PPE unless you reached that status in 2018 and got grandfathered. (That status is not referenced on their "Details" link and I remember discussions that it was only available to achieve via LT by end of 2018 and then would be "locked off.") If so, isn't the only way anyone should show as PPE in 2019 is if they are Lifetime PPE?

upload_2019-1-7_9-13-59.png

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, I thought there was no way to achieve PPE unless you reached that status in 2018 and got grandfathered. (That status is not referenced on their "Details" link and I remember discussions that it was only available to achieve via LT by end of 2018 and then would be "locked off.") If so, isn't the only way anyone should show as PPE in 2019 is if they are Lifetime PPE?

View attachment 9789

PPE and Lifetime PPE are totally different things. You can have lifetime silver and status of PPE, not an issue. You are PPE, and lifetime PE (which can vary from year to year whereas lifetime can not). The rule was there was no way to get lifetime ppe after 2018.

Your current year status (non lifetime) is based on stays or MVCI ownership the previous year.

Last edited:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I have had LTP and Platinum Premier since avail. So, my status doesn't change. However, for those moving up or down in status it's hasn't been instant on Jan 1. In fact, I think its closer to Feb 1.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Waiting as well. I originally think I qualified by having 2MM LT points and 750 nights by end of 2018. I now think I may also qualify via 10 yrs. as Platinum and 750 nights. Guess it doesn't matter so long as I get LT PPE by end of JAN.

It is a bit strange if you think about it. Website in 2019 says my current status is PPE. It also says I am Lifetime PE. (see below).

View attachment 9789
Marriott doesn't pull your prior year status until sometime in early new year. Technically your status is through February. So if you didn't achieve PPE or LT PPE in 2018, you would still show PPE in January 2019.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Marriott doesn't pull your prior year status until sometime in early new year. Technically your status is through February. So if you didn't achieve PPE or LT PPE in 2018, you would still show PPE in January 2019.
That’s why it’s confusing for me. I achieved PPE by end of 2018 and my status does reflect as such on Marriott website, just not LT PPE.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the Marriott Rewards Ts & Cs

Lifetime Elite Status Criteria. In 2018, Members can earn Lifetime Elite Status one of two ways:

i. Loyalty Program Lifetime Elite Status Criteria:
  • Lifetime Silver Elite: 250 Qualifying Nights + 5 Years as Silver Elite, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite
  • Lifetime Gold Elite: 400 Qualifying Nights + 7 Years as Gold Elite or Platinum Elite
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite: 600 Qualifying Nights + 10 Years as Platinum Elite
  • Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite*: 750 Qualifying Nights + 10 Years as Platinum Elite
* Achievement of Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status is only available until December 31, 2018 and will not be continued thereafter. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.

ii. Legacy Programs Lifetime Elite Status Criteria: In addition to earning Lifetime Elite Status on the above criteria, through December 31, 2018, Members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under their Legacy Program requirements listed below.

A. Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Legacy Lifetime Elite Status Achievement Criteria:
  • Lifetime Silver Elite: 250 Qualifying Nights + 1,200,000 Points
  • Lifetime Gold Elite: 500 Qualifying Nights + 1,600,000 Points
  • *Lifetime Platinum Elite: 750 Nights + 2,000,000 Points
* Members who achieve Lifetime Platinum Elite Status under the Marriott Rewards legacy requirements by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status.

B. Starwood Preferred Guest Legacy Lifetime Elite Status Achievement Criteria:
  • Lifetime Gold Elite: Qualifying Nights + 5 Years as Gold Elite or Platinum Elite
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite: 500 Qualifying Nights + 10 Years as Platinum Elite

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
@bazzap Thanks for posting.

Q: if you were completely new to Marriott and started with signing up for MR and your 1st stay on JAN 4, 2019, do you even have the ability to earn PPE status? Clearly, you cannot earn LT PPE based on the above. I was thinking there was not even a way to earn PPE on a yearly basis.

The reason I thought this was because there was a gap between SPG LT PE which was easier to achieve and MR LT PE which was harder to achieve. As a compromise, I seem to recall that LT PPE was created but only achievable via grandfathering to be > LT PE (e.g., 75% points bonus) but below Ambassador which requires an annual spend so there is no LT Ambassador capability. Maybe yearly they kept PPE but just cut it off for LT.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
@bazzap Thanks for posting.

Q: if you were completely new to Marriott and started with signing up for MR and your 1st stay on JAN 4, 2019, do you even have the ability to earn PPE status? Clearly, you cannot earn LT PPE based on the above. I was thinking there was not even a way to earn PPE on a yearly basis.

The reason I thought this was because there was a gap between SPG LT PE which was easier to achieve and MR LT PE which was harder to achieve. As a compromise, I seem to recall that LT PPE was created but only achievable via grandfathering to be > LT PE (e.g., 75% points bonus) but below Ambassador which requires an annual spend so there is no LT Ambassador capability. Maybe yearly they kept PPE but just cut it off for LT.
I am no expert, but yes I believe you can still qualify for PPE just not Lifetime PPE.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, PPE is earned with 75 elite nights.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili building, Lawai Beach Resort
What if you're PPE through your MVCI status?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What if you're PPE through your MVCI status?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nope. Even though I am a Marriott timeshare owner and bought my week preconstruction, I never joined the DC program...I earned my PPE last year the hard way by doing mattress run :). II was a big help though with all the accommodation certificates and getaways.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well-- Today is January 10 and suddenly I have two nights credit for this year. These night credits were from credit card spending and should have been credited in 2018 (billing period closed Dec 26 and the "points" were deposited Dec 28). I needed these two nights for Platinum Premier qualification (had 73 and needed 75). Wonder if I'll be given the credit as they sort things out in the next few weeks? I'm still listed as Platinum.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
My head is spinning with the new qualifications. I know Executive club owners were awarded Glodmunder the old system; does that become Platinum in the new system? I thought I read something to that efffect but wasn’t sure.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Just checked and I am now Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite!

Here are my stats:

Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 762
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 25
Years as Gold or Platinum: 14
Years as Platinum: 14

Under the old rules I did not have ANY lifetime status, Almost all of my stays were at Residence Inns at corporate rates so I had a very low points total. I am one happy camper!

Ray

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili building, Lawai Beach Resort
My husband and I have worked hard over the past 20 years to reach this wonderful lifetime platinum elite status. Sadly it's in his name. I hope Marriott will consider letting a spouse that helped earn the status continue to enjoy said status if the other spouse passes away.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been a Lifetime Platinum Elite member for many years. Typically in the past, Marriott sends out notifications of previous year accomplishments in mid-February. Patience is a virtue. ;)

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked and I am now Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite!

Here are my stats:

Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 762
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 25

Under the old rules I did not have ANY lifetime status, Almost all of my stays were at Residence Inns at corporate rates so I had a very low points total. I am one happy camper!

Ray

I stayed away from home a bit more than you but not by much:
You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 838

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 28