• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status

fdough1

Reaction score
So I wasn’t watching all the fine print and missed the 750 nights by 10 nights... been platinum for 11 years. I just called to see if they would waive me into titanium lifetime. Pretty upset since I am also presidential in vacation club.

Will wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been awarded a free night due to my status, which has a value of 40,000 its, however, there is no category hotel that is = to this number of points. A Category 5 = 35,000 its and Cat 6 = 50,000. 40,000, can get you a Cat 6 for Off-Peak, but that is not yet introduced.
Are we able to add points 10,000 its and upgrade to a Cat 6 or if we select a Cat 5,, do we get the balance of 5,000 its credited to our Rewards account?

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Edited. I edited the post because it had too much whining about lack of customer service support and ownership of my problem.

The problem, my MR account shows no lifetime status and a yearly status of titanium when I should be lifetime platinum. Lack of customer support is the norm or so it seems but what caused me to post was a specific rep named Larry who spent the first 30 minutes telling me I am misinformed of my old status and sees nothing to validate my lifetime status or points. He did see that I had 660 nights but that proved nothing. Larry has been doing this job a long time and he is sure I do not I meet the criteria and I should except this. After 20 minutes of how much work it would be, I finally got him look at my historical data that I have included below.

Everyone should have their Tenure and Lifetime Night-Points sent to them. This is the reason for including it below.

Even after this, he made up reasons to justify I have no status such as I was downgraded from lifetime gold because I didn't stay 50 nights in 2017 ignoring I was yearly platinum that year and 206,17,18 and 19. Telling me pre 8/2018 I didn't have the number of years of 50 nights to be lifetime gold not accepting that this was never a criteria.

He is sending this to an expert and once this is done, I should except the outcome. My next step is calling David Flueck's office.

Question added.....was the infinity sign on our picture a symbol for lifetime status and does anyone have a lifetime status showing in the detail nights screen?

I ask because my symbol is not there anymore and my lifetime status in the detail is blank.

Here are the reports

upload_2019-2-20_16-51-38.png

upload_2019-2-20_16-54-21.png

Last edited:

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
;)" Arrogance, ignorance and refusing to listen is a very bad set of personality flaws"

Wow! Think I know someone else like this ... ;)

Seriously, that would be frustrating. Oddly enough, the last few months when I have run into problems with my Marriott Rewards account I call Starwood's number. They answer and are more helpful. Most of the time with Marriott I am stuck on hold and they never come to the phone. If Marriott help line ever does come on the phone they are no help. This all started after the merger. I am lifetime Titanium thru a LOT of hotel stays over the years, and timeshare exchanges also.

Last edited:

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
I missed obtaining Lifetime Titanium by 41 days. So I guess you could put me in the category of not being a fan of the new bonvoy system. I will miss the carry over days, I will miss the perk of Silver Class on United which included 70 lb weight on bags and automatic upgrades on flights - space available (first class from the cheap seats out of SFO yesterday).
I will most likely qualify for titanium again this year (57 days already) but will have to find 16 days to replace the carryover I will be losing from last year. Two more II Marriott getaways should do it.

On the other hand... if that's all I have to complain about... then life is good. :whooopie:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I missed obtaining Lifetime Titanium by 41 days. So I guess you could put me in the category of not being a fan of the new bonvoy system. I will miss the carry over days, I will miss the perk of Silver Class on United which included 70 lb weight on bags and automatic upgrades on flights - space available (first class from the cheap seats out of SFO yesterday).
I will most likely qualify for titanium again this year (57 days already) but will have to find 16 days to replace the carryover I will be losing from last year. Two more II Marriott getaways should do it.

On the other hand... if that's all I have to complain about... then life is good. :whooopie:
Ed, I am Lifetime Platinum Elite (not PP) and I checked my United Mileage Plus and I still have Silver status there. Not that its a big deal as I rarely fly United but not sure why your Silver status would have lapsed?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ed, I am Lifetime Platinum Elite (not PP) and I checked my United Mileage Plus and I still have Silver status there. Not that its a big deal as I rarely fly United but not sure why your Silver status would have lapsed?
The current website advises
“Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite members enjoy complimentary United MileagePlus Premier® Silver Status”
(the Platinum benefits link no longer shows this)
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits/titanium.mi