• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott messing with Guest Confirmations again

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you go into Marriott.com to change from your name to your renter's name?

Does it mean that Marriott does not need to be notified?

Yes. There hasn’t been a need to call Marriott for over a year. You can just change the name online and it will automatically send a new confirmation. Now there are some serious security issues with this and I keep waiting for this to shut this function off but it is extremely convenient.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Credit Cards ARE needed for Hotel property reservations at time of telephone call in order to save and pay for the room in case you are a no show.

However, Credit Cards are NOT needed when you when you reserve MVC Properties where you are a weeks owner or a trust owner because you already own the time frame involved. Now, you will need a credit card upon check in order to take care of incidentals....

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I had read some reports here a while back where some properties (perhaps one off cases) didn't require a credit card to a guest of an owner when they checked in. When the owner asked about it, the property told them that some owners don't like them requiring their guests to put down a credit card. Ocean Pointe for some reason comes to mind. Of course, the guest wouldn't be able to charge anything to the villa.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The MVCI agent recommended that I remove my MR# and replace my name with the guest to eliminate any risk of the guest having access to my information. I followed her recommendation since it was my first time renting. It is a bummer that I cannot pull the reservation online since my MR# is no longer tied to the reservation. I think next time I will simply replace my name through Marriott.com so that I can track the reservation.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same thing. It took forever to get the rep to add my guests to the reservation. I couldn’t figure out what happened. Now I know.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had read some reports here a while back where some properties (perhaps one off cases) didn't require a credit card to a guest of an owner when they checked in. When the owner asked about it, the property told them that some owners don't like them requiring their guests to put down a credit card. Ocean Pointe for some reason comes to mind. Of course, the guest wouldn't be able to charge anything to the villa.

Lakeshore never used to require it and this was not even for an II exchange. Not sure if that has changed since I always just hand it to them without being asked.