• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott New Account [IT/Log-in] Issues

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We have closed on our MKO EOYO 2/2 OV and received a letter last week from Marriott with our new account number. We followed instructions to set up our online account, the final step being Marriott sending us an email with a temporary password so we can set our permanent password. To date we have not received the email from Marriott. We have been waiting since last Thursday. We have called several times and we were instructed to “reset” the password by clicking “forgot username password” . We have done this several times, checked junk, trash and spam folders, but we still have not received an email from Marriott with the temporary password to allow us to login to our new account. Marriott Owner Services says their IT department cannot manually send the email or create a temporary password to give me verbally. Any ideas, suggestions?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Are they sending your temp passwords to an email address they have on file associated with this new account? Have you had them check to make sure that email address is correct?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it possible that the closing agent provided their email address and it is being sent to them?

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Call Marriott Vacation Club at 800-307-7312 and ask for your new customer/owner number - you'll need it to for the following website below to create your user name/password - you'll receive a link to your email that you enter to create a new password for the marriottvacationclub.com website. All the best.

https://owners.marriottvacationclub.com/timeshare/mvco/owner/profile/newaccount
The OP has their account number. They can't get the email. that is the problem.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Are they sending your temp passwords to an email address they have on file associated with this new account? Have you had them check to make sure that email address is correct?
Yes, each time they called they confirmed my email address. I set up a separate account under my wife’s new Member number (she is co-owner), and used her email address. She hasn’t received an email with a temporary password from Marriott either....

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Call Marriott Vacation Club at 800-307-7312 and ask for your new customer/owner number - you'll need it to for the following website below to create your user name/password - you'll receive a link to your email that you enter to create a new password for the marriottvacationclub.com website. All the best.

https://owners.marriottvacationclub.com/timeshare/mvco/owner/profile/newaccount

Not sure if you read my post. We received a letter from Marriott with our new customer/owner/Member number. We went to MVC and created our accounts. The last step is to wait for an email from Marriott with a temporary password so we can login and create new passwords. We are not getting temporary password from Marriott, even though Owner services says it’s automatic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have closed on our MKO EOYO 2/2 OV and received a letter last week from Marriott with our new account number. We followed instructions to set up our online account, the final step being Marriott sending us an email with a temporary password so we can set our permanent password. To date we have not received the email from Marriott. We have been waiting since last Thursday. We have called several times and we were instructed to “reset” the password by clicking “forgot username password” . We have done this several times, checked junk, trash and spam folders, but we still have not received an email from Marriott with the temporary password to allow us to login to our new account. Marriott Owner Services says their IT department cannot manually send the email or create a temporary password to give me verbally. Any ideas, suggestions?
I assume you've checked spam folders. Have you tried a different browser maybe chrome?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I assume you've checked spam folders. Have you tried a different browser maybe chrome?
Per my original post we have checked all junk/trash/spam folders. We have used IE and Safari. Marriott Owner Services says it should come someday...

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Per my original post we have checked all junk/trash/spam folders. We have used IE and Safari. Marriott Owner Services says it should come someday...
If it doesn’t I would try chrome. I routinely use Safari and sometimes it’s just quirky.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Did Marriott owner Service tell you that It could not help when you called or did you get that info in writing/email? I would ask to be transferred to the IT department or at least try to get that info in writing. I would think IT dept could always manually override a password. At the very least the could temporarily set the email to send to themselves and get the password give it to you and then change the email back.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did Marriott owner Service tell you that It could not help when you called or did you get that info in writing/email? I would ask to be transferred to the IT department or at least try to get that info in writing. I would think IT dept could always manually override a password. At the very least the could temporarily set the email to send to themselves and get the password give it to you and then change the email back.
Owner Services says “Corporate” and IT know about the issue and “they are working on it” and “someday we will be able to login to our account”. But they have no idea when. This is a Marriott issue, not a browser issue. They are not able to automatically send an email containing a temporary password, so apparently all new accounts and previous users who have forgotten their passwords are locked out for now. But Owner Services assures me that “someday” we would have access to our account.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Owner Services says “Corporate” and IT know about the issue and “they are working on it” and “someday we will be able to login to our account”. But they have no idea when. This is a Marriott issue, not a browser issue. They are not able to automatically send an email containing a temporary password, so apparently all new accounts and previous users who have forgotten their passwords are locked out for now. But Owner Services assures me that “someday” we would have access to our account.
Isn't that comforting. Another feather in the wonderful MVC IT department's cap.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did Marriott key in the OP correct email address?

Are you receiving any email from Marriott?

Last edited:

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Isn't that comforting. Another feather in the wonderful MVC IT department's cap.

Exactly. Why is a company seemingly ok with such mediocre performance

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just for kicks I tried to get them to send me a password reset email and one never came.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just for kicks I tried to get them to send me a password reset email and one never came.
Hahaha, I am glad we are not the only ones!!!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I told MOS’s that I understand IT issues, but the rote response that “Cororate knows” and “someday it will be fixed” after a week is not sufficient. Why not offer a verbal temporary password until the issue is fixed. They said they aren’t allowed to do that anymore.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI I experienced the same issue, and then got an (unsolicited) email from MVC web support asking me to do the entire thing again, with the same result - I think something is actually broken somewhere.... because they knew enough to send me an unsolicited email telling me how to reset my password (instead of actually sending me the link to do the reset) - suggests to me that they are directing the email resets somewhere, just not to the right place.

BTW - that's not the worst thing they've done to me this week, the password i was trying to reset/set was for the NEW account owner modifications created - in the process de-enrolling all my enrolled weeks and deactivating all online access to my DC points Account !! :wall::wall:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did MVW and WYN outsource the hiring of their IT dept to the same firm?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

catbro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott Vail
[Threads merged.]

Has anyone else had this problem?

I tried logging into my account Thursday Oct 12 to view destination club cruises. Although I have my userid and password recorded and never changed either in the month or so since I previously logged in, the system would not recognize my login information as correct. After, using the password reset email feature a number of times, I called Owner Services and was told this feature does not work and is a known problem they are working on to fix. I tried to login again today Wed Oct 18, still no login, still no email and when I phoned customer service was told the same story... they are working on it. Does anyone else think this is the worst service ever.

Until it is fixed, and they do not have an estimate for the time it will take, I cannot log into my account online myself. I was told I would have to call Owner Services to have them perform whatever I am interested on for me. Are you kidding me? I'm not looking to make an exchange I was looking to log in to see all the "Wonderful" new features to the website that have been added to make it more convenient to owners, that I've been getting non stop emails about.

What good is it if I can't log in. I will never purchase another thing from Marriott and would never recommend this company. This is owner service?

Last edited by a moderator:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
System worked today, logged in...

catbro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott Vail
I am still unable to log in and no email. Any advise from anyone? Customer service was worthless.