• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ocean Point Palm Beach- must things to do and restaurants

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I found a thread from a couple of years ago and was wondering if someone could suggest current things for a couple (early 60s) to do and some restaurants not to miss. We live in California. We do also enjoy just walking and sitting on the beach so will probably do some of that.

Any great spots to snorkel (boat excursion or from shore)
Great boat rides cruises to take?
Are we close enough to go on airboat in everglades?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're in our mid 60's..Our trip last year was cancelled due to hurricane..There was quite a bit of damage done..MOP has 5 large buildings on the beach..Units and pools are very nice. U can walk the beach or sit. I'd advise renting a car..Cuz MOP is sorta secluded.
FYI....Trump lives nearby

petermccarty

Reaction score
Marriott Ocean Point is a luxury resort, great choice! Last year I organized a weekend trip for my parents (late 50s) to Seaspray Inn and Beach Resort and it's like really close. So the beach is a must, but it's not enough if you feel more active during your stay. The park near City Beach is gorgeous, and I'd recommend having a dinner at Jhonny Longboats, as they serve delicious seafood, there're a plenty of different restaurants nearby if you feel more like Italian, Mexican or Indian cuisine. As I know Marriott Ocean Point has a lot of planned activities like live poolside entertainment, late lunch at Captain Charlies Reef grill, a visit to the turtle rescue center in Juno, chairs and an umbrella for a few hours on the beach. Hope you'll enjoy your vacation!

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We really enjoyed the turtle rescue. Great place to visit and we even saw the release of a sea turtle back into the Ocean!

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Thanks for the tips

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
You will have a bit of a drive (90 mins?) to get to an Everglades airboat ride, but is well worth the experience. We have taken them often when staying in Weston/Ft.Lauderdale as the place we go to (https://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/ ) is just west of US27. We prefer them because their boats have sun canopies (we are pale Canadians), but if that doesn't matter to you then there is also this place. https://www.gatorpark.com/

Our DS heard about Peanut Island Park ( http://discover.pbcgov.org/parks/Locations/Peanut-Island.aspx ) when he was working down there last year but he never got the time off to explore it. He really wanted to see the JFK bunker there which I read is now closed. There are walking trails all around the island and he saw lots of kayakers but he wasn't sure if they were rentals or personally owned.

~Diane

drmaybeyes

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found a thread from a couple of years ago and was wondering if someone could suggest current things for a couple (early 60s) to do and some restaurants not to miss. We live in California. We do also enjoy just walking and sitting on the beach so will probably do some of that.

Yes, there is a coral reef snorkeling area under the bridge on the resort side. It is in the park/ boat launching area. Kids and adults loved it.

drmaybeyes

TUG Member
Reaction score

Forgot to mention two excellent tours...#1 the guided tour of the Flagler Home Museum (we took the 2 o'clock) and #2 the walking food tour of downtown West Palm.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Anybody remember Steen's? As I recall, it was on the left shortly after coming off the causeway before the left turn to go north. It was my grandparents' favorite place.

There was a small strip shopping center on the right with a sundries shop, again just after coming on the island. This was decades ago -- like maybe six decades ago.