• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Streamside at Vail - Douglas Room Capacity

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Could someone verify room capacity of a 1br at Douglas. I read somewhere it’s 6 but can’t find the thread. Thanks.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Douglas Loft one bedroom capacity is 8.

A king bed, a queen bed, and two sofabeds.

Unless you know if you're getting a loft unit or not, plan for 6 max.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be tight with 6. That's 4 people sleeping on pull out sofabeds.

The sofabed in the MBR is jammed in there and pulled out, you would have no walk around room in the MBR.

Note that of all the 5 buildings on the Streamside site, only Evergreen was built by Marriott. Evergreen units are like virtually every other Marriott timeshare rooms. Birch and Douglas are not. They have non-standard layouts. Aspen and Cedar buildings are managed by VRI. All share the same amenities.

The units are tighter than the Marriott standard. The kitchen is galley style, the open living room/dining area is smaller than average. The living room would have very little storage for the people sleeping in that space. The unit does have two bathrooms however.

The first time we took an exchange here, our II confirmation said 4 also. Since we're a family of 5, we packed a blow up bed for the youngest. We were surprised to find a room that slept 6. It was a fine exchange for a ski trip, but it also made me glad that we were out skiing all day long.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
I’ll be looking for an upgrade to EV then. We mostly eat at the condo, usually ski back for lunch. Is the shuttle convenient and frequent enough?

I have three teenagers and a tween. I’m hoping it will do if we can’t exchange up. I had trouble exchanging to week 51-52 last year. This is a nice treat for us this year.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is very workable as a ski condo. We ate most of our meals in too. It's just not up to the usual Marriott standards.

There is a very nice owner's lounge in the check in building. Get your kids to hang out and play pool there so you don't get cabin fever.

This is not a ski in/ski out place. It is two miles to Lionshead Village where you access the hill. Vail is a huge mountain. Unless you are not avid skiers, then lunch in the condo may work. However, you'll be waiting on a shuttle both ways.

My kids know the drill. In their pockets each day goes a sandwich, a granola bar and a packet of instant cocoa. We sometimes have to pay for hot water on the hill, but most often not. We just love skiing too much to give up time going back and forth to the condo to do it during the day. YMMV.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Gotcha! Thanks for the tips. We do bowls and double blacks. I’ll pack them lunch or some money. Can’t believe they charge for water!

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The 1BR/2Bath Douglas unit is actually pretty large for a 1BR at 800 sq. ft. All of the Streamside units will be totally refurbished starting with Douglas going first starting in April. The top floor (3rd) floor of Douglas has the loft units. The 1BR+Loft/3Bath is really a 2BR/3Bath that sleeps 8 and the 2BR+Loft/3Bath is really a 3BR/3Bath that sleeps 10 (one of them will sleep 12). The 2BR loft units are the largest on the campus and I think are better than the Evergreen 2BR/2Bath units as it is larger and has the 3rd bathroom. I think both Evergreen and Douglas are Marriott standard and Birch is a notch lower. It's not easy to trade into a loft unit during the ski season. The resort has really nice amenities with a large club house.