• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club is there a parking fee for MVC Exchanges via II

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
We just booked a two bedroom penthouse mountain view unit here for April via II. I'm confused about a parking fee of $40 per night. The information I found on TUG is very dated. Also, are there any particular units or buildings that we should request? Any great places to visit? We're starting to do our research now and have booked a rental car via Alamo. We also have one night at the Courtyard North Shore prior to our arrival.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was from a prior thread, regarding parking. https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ko-olina-parking.271652/#post-2118685

snip....

Those who pay parking fee:
  • ANYONE who uses valet parking (even owners)
  • Those staying on an II exchange
  • Those who booked as non-owners through some travel site (including Marriott)
Those who do NOT pay parking fee (one car max):
  • Weeks owners staying at resort
  • Those who booked using DC points
  • Those staying as a GUEST of the owner on a reservation (this includes renters)
  • Owners who extend their stay through Marriott (i.e purchasing an extra night). This was the case for us a couple of years ago when we were renting two weeks that had dissimilar arrival days so we purchased a night as a connector.
Not sure if you pay:
  • Those staying on a package, but it should be explicitly stated in the papers you signed

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Thanks so much for the information. If I read this correctly, II exchanges are not charged for parking. We could certainly spend that $280 more wisely. I saw the $40 per day fee on the website. I'll check my reservation.

Ok, the II confirmation states,
Parking charge: USD 36.65.

Also, what is the daily unit surcharge for a two bedroom? I saw that somewhere. My guest and I are splitting the costs, so I need to give her the totals for this trip in advance.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My understanding is that if it's not disclosed on the II confirmation, you will not be charged. Charges are usually disclosed.

I think it would be terrible for them to charge for parking.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
No parking charge for exchangers. There is the daily occupancy tax that Hawaii requires the resorts to collect. I believe it’s around $11-14 per day for a 2BR unit.

Have a great time. Beautiful resort and area. We love it and look forward to visiting again this fall.

Aloha!

Mike

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Steven quoted a bit too early in that thread. It was later stated in that thread that II exchanges into Ko Olina do NOT pay for parking.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I stayed at Ko Olina on II exchange and was not charged for parking

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
It looks like the other fee I need to add is the $14 per day surcharge? I need to be as close to the total costs as possible so I can have more money to spend. Thanks for your help.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
The transient accommodation tax for 2br is about $16.17 a day. It went up in 2019.

I will also be at mko during April. Would love to meet another tugger if possible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
On our last trade into Ko Olina, we were told that trades by Marriott owners, would incur no charge for parking, but that other traders would. We were given the wrist bands for "owners" and the only charges were for the daily taxes. (And anything we charged to the room)

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
It looks like the other fee I need to add is the $14 per day surcharge? I need to be as close to the total costs as possible so I can have more money to spend. Thanks for your help.

Yes, allocate funds for the taxes. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition, but everyone should expect room taxes.

You are staying in an incredibly expensive state. Gas, food, excursions are going to be really expensive. The room tax is the least of your worries. At least Ko Olina doesn't charge a resort fee.
Save on food by stocking up at the nearby Walmart or Costco. Even in Hawaii, Walmart has great prices. Buy your snorkel gear there, too. Save on excursions by exploring the island and using discounts found in the mags at the airport.

Cheap excursions:
Take the amazing drive up the H3 to Kaneohe and go to Kualoa Ranch. They have inexpensive packages that can make it a full day of fun. The movie site tour is really good.
Drive up to Turtle Bay and snorkel in that area
Drive to the Pali lookout
Drive to the Dole plantation (lots of coupons available)
Drive to Pearl Harbor (lots of coupons available)
You can snorkel in the Ko Olina lagoons, but there's not much in the way of colorful fish.

Avoid Waikiki. Traffic is awful, it's crowded, expensive as heck, and parking will break the bank.
Hanauma Bay is a favorite destination for snorkelers, but it's not that cheap, parking is difficult if you don't get there bright and early, and the crowds have wrecked the reef. There are other - free - places to snorkel.

At Ko Olina, the Naia tower is the one we always prefer. It's the newest tower, and is closest to the best of the pools.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told that anyone (Ko Olina owner or Exchanger) would have to pay a daily parking fee "ONLY IF" they had more than one car.

They are trying to discourage more than one car per reservation due to the limited availability of parking spaces.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
I was told that anyone (Ko Olina owner or Exchanger) would have to pay a daily parking fee "ONLY IF" they had more than one car.

They are trying to discourage more than one car per reservation due to the limited availability of parking spaces.

They charge $15 per day for a second vehicle or another way is to lock off the unit for $80 and they allow one vehicle per side now as they are considered 2 units now.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wow, these updates have been great. As long as I have a good idea of the costs to be at Ko Olina, I'm good. My friend just wants to know how much she needs to send/pay me before the date of the trip. Thanks for including some places for us to visit since we will have a rental the entire trip.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Point about parking availability - It is indeed very limited. Each tower has about 3 floors of underground parking per tower. If you go out to dinner and come back around 9pm, good luck finding a space. They are available, but it will be a needle in a haystack. BUT, you are not restricted to your own tower; you can try parking in a different tower. Best time to park is around 5PM-7PM when people are out to dinner.

I don't know if Naia has the same amount of parking spaces, but Naia is almost all non-lockoffs, which to me implies fewer cars. I have personally found Naia to have the least issue with parking.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
If we are confirmed into a two bedroom unit, does it matter which building we request when Marriott sends the email next month? My friend is legally blind, so I will be concerned about how far we can park from the building. Of course, I can get the car and pick her up at the entrance. We do have a handicap parking permit.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
If we are confirmed into a two bedroom unit, does it matter which building we request when Marriott sends the email next month? My friend is legally blind, so I will be concerned about how far we can park from the building. Of course, I can get the car and pick her up at the entrance. We do have a handicap parking permit.
If you are confirmed into a Single Entry Villa (i.e. one with no lockoff) you will probably be put into Naia tower automatically.

Each tower has a drop off spot near an elevator. As I previously mentioned, parking is under the tower. Farthest point from the elevator in the parking garage is 200ft (I'm estimating). Each floor of parking has an elevator. Because parking is not assigned, I'd recommend using the drop off point for consistent expectations on her end.

You can certainly request a tower. Doesn't mean you will get what you request. Might want to request a room near elevator while you're at it? Ko Olina elevators are very fast, and there are 6 per tower, but waits can be very long, especially on Fri/Sat/Sun. The elevator will stop on your floor, but good chance it is already full... On your check out day get up EARLY and find a baggage cart. Trying to locate one on your checkout morning can take a looooong time.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a "handicapped" placard you will be able to obtain a parking space near the elevator so you should be all set.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If you have a "handicapped" placard you will be able to obtain a parking space near the elevator so you should be all set.

Unless they are all occupied. I have noticed there has been less handicapped available stalls recently. A lot of people have handicapped placards to park in those stalls.

As another poster said, if you ha e a si gle entry you will be in NAIA tower which has the most available parking spots of all 3 towers.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a 2BR Penthouse mountain view booking code via II as well for our stay last August. And that's what we got. But as II exchanger thinking you may be more likely to end up in Moana like we did (which ended up being a 2BR lock-off).

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had a 2BR Penthouse mountain view booking code via II as well for our stay last August. And that's what we got. But as II exchanger thinking you may be more likely to end up in Moana like we did (which ended up being a 2BR lock-off).
What was the code for your unit?

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was HZZBB. I see the following in the MVC Code list:

ZZBB....Ko'Olina Beach Club.........Mountain View......2BR Penthouse unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That unit code will be in Moana building most of the time. There are mostly 2br single entry units in Naia tower and I remember for sure if Naiaeven has lock off 2br MV penthouse units. For sure single entry MV penthouse units. Naia does have dual entry OV penthouse units.

I know that If OP returns and posts their unit code, we can deduce with some degree of accuracy, what building they would most likely be in.